Victoria Bushrangers season 2014/15 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't seem to think so when I asked him about it, behind a few in the pecking order since Rogers will be back. From what I've heard CV think Short will be a better player short term and long term.

Clearly top 3? Hardly. Whiteman, Nevill and Hartley are all better. He's a better keeper than Wade, Haddin, Paine and Dunk but they're not great keepers either. Paine in particular is overrated.

Better then Whiteman and Nevill imo, even with Hartley. Then again I probably do watch South Australia more then you do.

Better then Whiteman and Nevill imo, even with Hartley. Then again I probably do watch South Australia more then you do.
He really isn't. You're also a tad biased. In any case it isn't clear-cut if he's better with the gloves with Whiteman and Nevill, so it's hardly "clearly top 3" as you claim.

He doesn't seem to think so when I asked him about it, behind a few in the pecking order since Rogers will be back. From what I've heard CV think Short will be a better player short term and long term.

Both pretty talented players, can see both of them playing for Australia. Does Gotch keep?

So with the WC squad announced, we'll be missing Maxwell, Finch and possibly White for the rest of the season. What's our XI for the next game vs Queensland? I'll go with:

Rogers
Quiney
Stoinis
White
Handscomb
Christian
Wade (c, +)
Hastings
Pattinson
Siddle
Ahmed

FWIW I think Queensland will go with:

Labuschagne
Stevens
Burns
Lynn
Forrest
Hartley (+)
Hopes (c)
Cutting
Harris
Feldman
Boyce

So with the WC squad announced, we'll be missing Maxwell, Finch and possibly White for the rest of the season. What's our XI for the next game vs Queensland? I'll go with:

Rogers
Quiney
Stoinis
White
Handscomb
Christian
Wade (c, +)
Hastings
Pattinson
Siddle
Ahmed

FWIW I think Queensland will go with:

Labuschagne
Stevens
Burns
Lynn
Forrest
Hartley (+)
Hopes (c)
Cutting
Harris
Feldman
Boyce

Will Stoinis be fit by then? If not would like to see them give a young batsman a go. Not sure who but am sure others will suggest a few names.

Will Stoinis be fit by then? If not would like to see them give a young batsman a go. Not sure who but am sure others will suggest a few names.
If he isn't we play David Hussey or Matt Short IMO.

Matthew Wade (C)
Fawad Ahmed
Scott Boland
Dan Christian
Peter Handscomb
John Hastings
James Pattinson
Rob Quiney
Chris Rogers
Peter Siddle
Marcus Stoinis
Cameron White

In: Handscomb, Pattinson, Rogers, Siddle
Out: Aaron FINCH (ODI), Glenn MAXWELL (ODI), Chris TREMAIN (omitted)

Rogers
Quiney
Stoinis
White
Handscomb
Wade (c, +)
Christian
Hastings
Pattinson
Siddle
Ahmed

That's pretty much our XI for the rest of the season. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Queensland

James Hopes (c)
Cameron Boyce
Joe Burns
Ben Cutting
Luke Feldman
Peter Forrest
Peter George
Chris Hartley
Charlie Hemphrey
Chris Lynn
Michael Philipson
Mark Steketee

In: George, Hemphrey, Lynn, Philipson, Steketee
Out: Cameron BRIMBLECOMBE (omitted), Usman KHAWAJA (injury), Marcus LABUSCHAGNE (omitted), Nathan REARDON (?)

New: Hemphrey, Philipson, Steketee

Steketee already announced to be playing for the 2nd XI so the XI is set for this game.

Queensland

James Hopes (c)
Cameron Boyce
Joe Burns
Ben Cutting
Luke Feldman
Peter Forrest
Peter George
Chris Hartley
Charlie Hemphrey
Chris Lynn
Michael Philipson
Mark Steketee

In: George, Hemphrey, Lynn, Philipson, Steketee
Out: Cameron BRIMBLECOMBE (omitted), Usman KHAWAJA (injury), Marcus LABUSCHAGNE (omitted), Nathan REARDON (?)

New: Hemphrey, Philipson, Steketee

Steketee already announced to be playing for the 2nd XI so the XI is set for this game.

and McDermott still can't get a look in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly top 3? Hardly. Whiteman, Nevill and Hartley are all better. He's a better keeper than Wade, Haddin, Paine and Dunk but they're not great keepers either. Paine in particular is overrated.
At the end of last summer the Aus Selectors with an eye to the future rated the six domestic stumpers from 1-6 in batting and keeping so as to give the a line on where the next keeper came from. Whiteman ranked high in both, but Ludeman ranked 1 as a keeper.

At the end of last summer the Aus Selectors with an eye to the future rated the six domestic stumpers from 1-6 in batting and keeping so as to give the a line on where the next keeper came from. Whiteman ranked high in both, but Ludeman ranked 1 as a keeper.
That's interesting. I would have had Hartley clearly #1 and Whiteman #2. Then Nevill/Ludeman before Paine and Wade.

That's interesting. I would have had Hartley clearly #1 and Whiteman #2. Then Nevill/Ludeman before Paine and Wade.
Unofficially

Batting.
1.Wade
2.Nevill
3.whiteman
4.Hartley
5.ludeman
6.Paine

Keeping
1. Ludeman
2. Hartley
3. Whiteman
4. Paine
5. Neville
6. Wade

White,an was viewed as the most likely at that time because of the age advantage he had over Hartley.

Unofficially

Batting.
1.Wade
2.Nevill
3.whiteman
4.Hartley
5.ludeman
6.Paine

Keeping
1. Ludeman
2. Hartley
3. Whiteman
4. Paine
5. Neville
6. Wade

White,an was viewed as the most likely at that time because of the age advantage he had over Hartley.
Interesting. Paine's keeping is overrated IMO. Can't argue with the batting though. Where does Haddin rank out of curiosity?

Interesting. Paine's keeping is overrated IMO. Can't argue with the batting though. Where does Haddin rank out of curiosity?
Incumbent - not ranked he's the No.1 seed for reasons not all related to batting and keeping. Whiteman has stalled a bit this summer, while Ludeman has kicked goals with a shield ton and a memorable Big Bash. He's very close to going past a few on the batting list and from there who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back