Victoria Bushrangers season 2014/15 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also is it a given that Rogers is also going to retire from first class cricket when he gives tests away after the Ashes? Can see him going on with Middlesex as he's captain there, but will be interesting to see if he wants to continue playing in the Shield.

Ian Holland doing very nicely in recent weeks. Will he get a Victoria Contract next year?

Also who from the current squad won't be offered another contract?
Rogers, Hussey, possibly McKay, new coach coming in might have different views but the brief is to develop Australian Players and journeymen don't do that.

Can't lose both Rogers and Quiney in one season so that's pretty much the only reason Bobby will stay IMO. If he weren't a short form gun I wouldn't offer Finch another contract either.

Harsh on the most successful (at international level), Victorian batsman since Dean Jones.
Please enough trolling, we know our system is s**t, that's why we are campaigning against it, I would put Hodge and Elliot solar systems in front of the two white ball wonders currently parading around. Both will consistently be found out by good bowling.

Please enough trolling, we know our system is s**t, that's why we are campaigning against it, I would put Hodge and Elliot solar systems in front of the two white ball wonders currently parading around. Both will consistently be found out by good bowling.

I still think it would be harsh and counter productive to move Finch on.

No need for him to be an automatic selection in shield cricket but he should remain in the set up.

**** that, as long as Australia isn't touring somewhere in October we could do with a good one day player in the one day comp we were so s**t in this year.

Besides pretty sure it is very hard for a player to change states under a national contract?

Watson, Hauritz, Lyon etc did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** that, as long as Australia isn't touring somewhere in October we could do with a good one day player in the one day comp we were so s**t in this year.

Besides pretty sure it is very hard for a player to change states under a national contract?
I'd rather get games into Stoinis, Handscomb etc and develop a team that's capable of playing at a good level for Australia.

Easy as - Watto - easier to change under a national contract than State - minimal impact on State Wages

are you telling me that you wouldn't pick Finch in the Matadors Cup if he were available?
Of course I would. He's too good a white ball player not to. But in saying that, I want to develop players with good techniques that might succeed in red ball cricket.

So keep Finch and don't select him in the shield games.

Absolutely no need to move him on- especially when he costs you nothing in wages.

Cameron White is the interesting one.
He's got three years left on his contract and one would imagine that he'd be one of the highest earners.

If he indeed isn't part of Victoria's longterm plans he may move elsewhere.

So keep Finch and don't select him in the shield games.

Absolutely no need to move him on- especially when he costs you nothing in wages.

Cameron White is the interesting one.
He's got three years left on his contract and one would imagine that he'd be one of the highest earners.

If he indeed isn't part of Victoria's longterm plans he may move elsewhere.
This is where my complete mistrust in CV comes in, I know that if he stays on he'll get picked in the shield, no matter how s**t he is at that form of the game. I'd rather he get moved on so that I don't have to worry about it.

People bagging out the Vic pathways but from memory we had (almost) the highest number of contracted players among all the states (not including there own state).

Guys like Rose, Neville, Fekete, Michael Hill etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm happy to bag it out - we produce average cricketers, I did some stats last week, we had roughly the % of players you would expect except most were at other states and our next reps look like being Agar, Nevill and hopefully Handscomb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back