Victoria Bushrangers season 2014/15 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Today's batting line up is proof of what a rabble we are and how out of touch with reality we are. We have three imposters in the top three against the best domestic state. Christian, Wade and Keath are not batsmen, yet we have Handscomb being wasted at 7. It's got me stuffed why Christian and Wade are batting in the top 3. as for Keath, he has been a big investment by CV and the poster boy for the war against AFL, you would have reckoned they might have fixed up his backlift so that he had some chance of surviving against high class pace bowling. Think off all the $$ invested on him with sycophants just telling him how good he is. My first advice would be straighten your back lift!

We need a broom to go right through the whole of CV - top to bottom.

Today's batting line up is proof of what a rabble we are and how out of touch with reality we are. We have three imposters in the top three against the best domestic state. Christian, Wade and Keath are not batsmen, yet we have Handscomb being wasted at 7. It's got me stuffed why Christian and Wade are batting in the top 3. as for Keath, he has been a big investment by CV and the poster boy for the war against AFL, you would have reckoned they might have fixed up his backlift so that he had some chance of surviving against high class pace bowling. Think off all the $$ invested on him with sycophants just telling him how good he is. My first advice would be straighten your back lift!

We need a broom to go right through the whole of CV - top to bottom.
Wade is a quality batsman. I agree on the other two and Handscomb though. Which idiot come up with the idea of batting Handscomb at 8?

Couldn't quite believe Hastings coming in before Handscomb, yes Hastings can hit a bigger ball but what do you want a guy who scores 1 off 8 or a guy in Handscomb pushing singles every ball and getting the form man in Cameron White on strike.

Would have put Handscomb in there over Keath and why is D Hussey not playing?

Couldn't quite believe Hastings coming in before Handscomb, yes Hastings can hit a bigger ball but what do you want a guy who scores 1 off 8 or a guy in Handscomb pushing singles every ball and getting the form man in Cameron White on strike.

Would have put Handscomb in there over Keath and why is D Hussey not playing?
handscomb needs to play ahead of hussey.

This is what I'd go with next game (vs WA I think?)

Stoinis
Quiney
Handscomb
White
Wade
Keath
Ayre (+)
McKay/Hastings
Sidebottom
Muirhead
Tremain

This is what I'd go with next game (vs WA I think?)

Stoinis
Quiney
Handscomb
White
Wade
Keath
Ayre (+)
McKay/Hastings
Sidebottom
Muirhead
Tremain
What ground is it on? If it's North Sydney Oval then don't play Muirhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ground is it on? If it's North Sydney Oval then don't play Muirhead.
Don't know, don't care. It's time to get some game time in the kids while White, Quiney and McKay/Hastings are around to provide leadership and how to learn off them.

Reposting this here because it illustrates the issue with Victorian cricket

Test centuries since Jan 1 2000.

New South Wales (11 players - 81 centuries)
Michael Clarke (27)
Adam Gilchrist (16)
Steve Waugh (11)
David Warner (8)
Brad Haddin (4)
Steve Smith (4)
Phil Hughes (3)
Phil Jaques (3)
Mark Waugh (3)
Ed Cowan (1)
Michael Slater (1)

Western Australia (8 players - 73 centuries)*
Mike Hussey (19)
Justin Langer (18)
Damien Martyn (13)
Simon Katich (10)
Marcus North (5)
Chris Rogers (4)
Murray Goodwin* (2)
Shaun Marsh (2)

Queensland (5 players - 37 centuries)
Matthew Hayden (29)
Shane Watson (4)
Andrew Symonds (2)
Mitchell Johnson (1)
Martin Love (1)

Tasmania (2 players - 37 centuries_
Ricky Ponting (35)
Matthew Wade (2)

South Australia (2 players - 6 centuries)
Darren Lehmann (5)
Jason Gillespie (1)

Victoria (1 player - 1 century)
Brad Hodge (1)

*Murray Goodwin scored two centuries for Zimbabwe in this time. 148* against England in Nottingham and 113 run out against the Windies.

CV, almost need to start doing the - is there a possibility/is there not a possibility for Player X to play for Australia and start making the selections based on this. Blokes like Christian, Ahmad, McKay are going to disappear into the sunset in a year or two - why not make the tough decisions now? Bring some kids in and see if they can handle it (in their correct positions FFS).

Fair point, Rogers was in form and making solid contributions here and abroad. There are players that are not contributing and taking the spot of youngsters IMO.

It's important not to get rid of all the old players at once. Keep White, Quiney, Hastings and Wade as senior players to aide development

I can't help but wonder if the Bushrangers are ****** for a couple of seasons at least, regardless of if and how they go about a "rebuild".

WA were ****ed for a couple of years but it eventually worked.

Victoria just need to stop looking for stopgaps by importing semi mediocre players.
I wonder if Cricket Victoria just doesn't rate the talent coming through at all?

WA were ****** for a couple of years but it eventually worked.

Victoria just need to stop looking for stopgaps by importing semi mediocre players.
I wonder if Cricket Victoria just doesn't rate the talent coming through at all?
That's what I reckon the problem is (western royboy, get in here). I thought WA's problem was more to do with discipline and culture rather than talent anyway.

Pretty much every state has one or two young batsmen who could play for Australia in the next ten years. Who does Victoria have?

And add to that outside of football Victorian sportsmen are weak as piss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back