Victoria Election - 29 November 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Both of them are.

Probably because Napthine seems to be copying the initiatives launched by Labor.

This fuel excise tax rise and the floated GST rise won't help Napthine either at the ballot box in a month (today!).

Probably because Napthine seems to be copying the initiatives launched by Labor.

This fuel excise tax rise and the floated GST rise won't help Napthine either at the ballot box in a month (today!).
Is he? Some of them were floated by the Liberals first with Labor latching on.

Bentleigh and Mordialloc I think should stay Libs. Same with FHill.
What odds are you willing to give me I'll take $1.10 on both going? Libs have no hope of saving Bentleigh only a 0.9% margin, Mordialloc also requires only a 1.5% swing to lose. Both seats changed hands in the last election because of ongoing problems with the train line and since then nothing has been done to really improve the situation.

Can't see Forrest Hill swapping sides, but you never know.
Forrest Hill also swapped at the last election, this though will be closer. From what I've heard and seen the local member is reasonably well liked and there will be a smaller swing in the seat than we see in most others so keeping it under the 3.5% needed is quite possible. Still think it will go though.

A couple of seats out Gippland way might be interesting after this:
http://www.vline.com.au/home/news/gippslandservicechanges/406956012/article.aspx
Given the Gippsland Lines reputation of being the worst in the state for on time running and the shutdown of last year might just throw out a surprise.
The might well go, do you know if there is any strong local independent candidates as they will probably have a better chance of winning it, quite common for country seats traditionally associated with Nats or Libs to go independent rather than Labor

Couldn't help but notice a side piece were the Victorian Electoral Commission were tipping a record prepolling turnout for this election. Early voting has been steadily increasing in recent years and state elections have a higher rate than Federal, with aroudn 30% of votes to be cast before election day. This does not bode well for Naptine, given current polls averaging around 45-55 so any miracle in the days leading up to Election day will likely be too late to save his bacon anyway.

What odds are you willing to give me I'll take $1.10 on both going? Libs have no hope of saving Bentleigh only a 0.9% margin, Mordialloc also requires only a 1.5% swing to lose. Both seats changed hands in the last election because of ongoing problems with the train line and since then nothing has been done to really improve the situation.

Forrest Hill also swapped at the last election, this though will be closer. From what I've heard and seen the local member is reasonably well liked and there will be a smaller swing in the seat than we see in most others so keeping it under the 3.5% needed is quite possible. Still think it will go though.

The might well go, do you know if there is any strong local independent candidates as they will probably have a better chance of winning it, quite common for country seats traditionally associated with Nats or Libs to go independent rather than Labor
$116M rail project plus pretty good timetabling changes have been success.

Have you asked the commuters they might give you a different story.
The line's been neglected for yonks by both parties. Since 2011 they have had high volumes of services that run a decent way out express in high demand times that never were previously provided.

The line's been neglected for yonks by both parties. Since 2011 they have had high volumes of services that run a decent way out express in high demand times that never were previously provided.
Still no closer to clearing up a number of problem level crossings which was promised. There have been some changes but the major problem on the Frankston & Dandenong lines was about capacity in peak hour and that problem hasn't been solved or looklike being solved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She made jgk electable. She has to live with that

Mind you jgk made the libs unelectable, even if we were stupid enough to do it
John Cain made Kennett electable, Joan Kirner just made it impossible for any sane person to vote Labor in that election. That woman did more damage to Victoria than any other Premier by the length of the Flemington straight, trying to say that she made Kennett electable is ignoring exactly how bad she was. She left behind a pile of bad decisions and problems couple with massive debt. I know some staunch Labor people and remember asking if anyone could name just one thing that Kirner did as Priemer that could be called a benefit to Victoria.

John Cain made Kennett electable, Joan Kirner just made it impossible for any sane person to vote Labor in that election. That woman did more damage to Victoria than any other Premier by the length of the Flemington straight, trying to say that she made Kennett electable is ignoring exactly how bad she was. She left behind a pile of bad decisions and problems couple with massive debt. I know some staunch Labor people and remember asking if anyone could name just one thing that Kirner did as Priemer that could be called a benefit to Victoria.
To be fair to Kirner, she was just the one left holding the bag after everyone else split.

Still no closer to clearing up a number of problem level crossings which was promised. There have been some changes but the major problem on the Frankston & Dandenong lines was about capacity in peak hour and that problem hasn't been solved or looklike being solved.
On the Dandenong Corridor I believe it is getting very close to capacity. It was the reason express trains on the Pakenham/Cranbourne lines were reduced to stopping all stations expect Yarraman, Westall and the MATH stations.

As for the bayside rail project. To be honest there are far more pressing issues on the rail network that need to be addressed before letting the jumping castles loose on the Frankston line.

It's always traditionally been Liberal and swung to Labor with the Bracks Government.

Governments aren't voted in, Governments are voted out. Pure and simple.

Mind you jgk made the libs unelectable, even if we were stupid enough to do it

He hardly made them unelectable. He left with a fantastic record. Something very few premiers have managed. Despite all his faults he was brilliant for Victoria. Sure the unions hated him but that is something to be proud of given what they have done to the state.

The Libs are struggling because post Kennett they have had dud after dud as leader. ALP are no better. Absolute imbeciles. They make Wayne Swan (almost) look intelligent. A sorry state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back