Remove this Banner Ad

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
In an epic 2 card trick, the club has informed people holding a receipt for "Victorian membership" that they now hold "Melbourne Membership."

Why?

Because.... according to the latest communication:

"You will receive information about how to purchase tickets to Round 2 vs Geelong at Simonds Stadium via email in February 2015."

See, Geelong is part of Victoria but not part of Melbourne. And it looks like they can't get us into that one as part of the membership anymore.

Hmmm what should we do? Fess up? Nahhhh, lets change the name of the membership and exclude it on a technicality!!

I hope the members don't notice! SSSHHHHH!

I didn't think Vic membership included Geelongistan games. I know last year didn't. Did they used to?

Something to do with different ticketing agencies.

The thing is, since Rick Hart went and the club changed dramatically, the only thing that occurred was a switch to total, cut-throat professionalism.

In ways, that has been the switch the club has always needed. It's seen spuds delisted, a highly ranked coach appointed, and a new training facility.

But it's seen s**t like this.

It doesn't have to go both ways, as naive as that is. The club is incredibly wealthy, but they're also banking on a huge mountain of almost dumb good will and patronisation from fans. This is a club who's done precisely 0 in terms of success. They should be a little more aware of that, things like freezing the Grand Final upgrade when the team performs worse than the season before, and then being upfront and apologising for this change. People do notice and people don't like the coyness. It's a bit slimy.

The thing is, since Rick Hart went and the club changed dramatically, the only thing that occurred was a switch to total, cut-throat professionalism.

In ways, that has been the switch the club has always needed. It's seen spuds delisted, a highly ranked coach appointed, and a new training facility.

It doesn't have to go both ways, as naive as that is. The club is incredibly wealthy, but they're also banking on a huge mountain of almost dumb good will and patronisation from fans. This is a club who's done precisely 0 in terms of success. They should be a little more aware of that, things like freezing the Grand Final upgrade when the team performs worse than the season before, and then being upfront and apologising for this change. People do notice and people don't like the coyness. It's a bit slimy.

Did you just completely ignore what two posters above said?

That's just not true. Melbourne and The Bulldogs are expected to average more profit between them this year than us. We only ever make a few hundred thousand profit each year and our facilities are the worst in the AFL. The equalisation tax is going to hit us hard aswell.

Who starts these sh1t threads?

Unless you are serious about handing out bans the board will become clogged with this rubbish.

That I know of we've never gotten Geelong. I've only been in VIC 3 years but I've always had to buy my Geelong tickets separately.
From my time in Melbourne we habe aleays paid separately. Im not sure if it's just us or the same applies to other Victorian based members of interstate clubs. Ibe got no issies with it.
one year the memberships was 1 price for 6 games in Melbourne and dropped the next year due to 5 in Melbourne and 1 in Geelong not covered.

Nice rant. No facts required, just rant away and hope there are some naive folks around to listen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the beef here? That the club doesn't provide entry into Geelong games?

There's probably 2 reasons why. First is that we'd only get an allocation of a limited number of tickets. It's possible that our Victorian membership exceeds that figure and wouldn't be able to offer it to all Victorian members, let alone other travelling members that might want to buy a ticket as part of the allocation. It's not like MCG and Etihad games where the club just pays for every member that scans in at the gate, at Geelong they'd have to buy a reserved seat for every member months in advance, irrespective of whether it would be used.
Second reason is that a lot of Victorian members wouldn't want to go to Geelong anyway, and buying a reserved seat for each of them (even if it were possible) would be a waste of money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back