Victorian Workcover asked to investigate AFL for failing to protect players from sports scientists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-after-complaint/story-e6frf7jo-1227051858477

THE Victorian WorkCover Authority has been asked to investigate the AFL for failing to protect players from sports scientists.

A request that members of the AFL Commission and executives, including league boss Gillon McLachlan and his predecessor Andrew Demetriou, be prosecuted was lodged with the workplace authority on Monday.

The identity of the person who lodged the complaint has not been revealed.

The complaint alleges that the AFL failed “to anticipate developments in sports science and medicine based on reasonably obtainable information” and to “conduct due diligence either adequately or at all as to the sports science practices in use in its clubs”.

Which poster complained?
Well, let's see... Essendon have blamed the afl previously for not following up on their warning to James Hird about peptides. Would you be all that surprised if it were one of Essendons spin doctors again trying to take focus off essendon?

Somebody has been waiting for the right time , during the finals, EFC out of finals, muddy the scn case even more.You can bet certain journos will be chasing down the rabbit hole(thanks Lance I knew you would come in handy one day) to find the complainint and others not. The new version of the mysterious players mother.

What a stupid statement.
sarcasmHouse.jpg

WS are obvligated to investigate because of the complaint. As they said they were looking into all Vic clubs. I just don't think there will be much more to it than than in the end. SOmeone seeking attention.

I don't think we can say it was someone Essendon linked without proof though Jenny. Could be almost anyone.

sarcasmHouse.jpg

WS are obvligated to investigate because of the complaint. As they said they were looking into all Vic clubs. I just don't think there will be much more to it than than in the end. SOmeone seeking attention.

I don't think we can say it was someone Essendon linked without proof though Jenny. Could be almost anyone.

Which is why I said whoever did it should have the balls to put their name to it, otherwise it just looks like yet another attempt by essendon to obfuscate and blame others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why I said whoever did it should have the balls to put their name to it, otherwise it just looks like yet another attempt by essendon to obfuscate and blame others.
Unless it is someone what wants to make it look like Essendon are to blame?

I'm sure there are rolls around here that would do it and shift blame to EFC.

Unless it is someone what wants to make it look like Essendon are to blame?

I'm sure there are rolls around here that would do it and shift blame to EFC.
My first thought was the AFLPA. They certainly have every ground to do so. The litigious nature of the complaint document though and the targets (AFL board and CEO) screams either Little or Hird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back