Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just took the new tracks for a spin.

The Zelda, F-Zero and Excitebike tracks are outstanding.

Dragon track ok.

The Ice Outpost level is bland as hell. They phoned it in on that one.

Retro track selection is a bit of a mixed bag. Wario's Gold Mine is a great track... Yoshi's Circuit is not the most exciting track design but it's a good technical driving track. Another Rainbow Road track though... *sigh* you trolling us Nintendo? :/

Great value DLC for $10 though.

Yeah weakest is the "Chinese Bowser" one or Ice Ice Outpost.

I really like Yoshi's for driving ... and I really dig the Excitebike crossover.

F-Zero is great for a bit of speed.

Characters kinda suck - Link is awesome, but I'd also like to get something that isn't a "version" of another character. Like where's Diddy Kong? Really sick of those bizarro Bowsers.

Yeah weakest is the "Chinese Bowser" one or Ice Ice Outpost.

I really like Yoshi's for driving ... and I really dig the Excitebike crossover.

F-Zero is great for a bit of speed.

Characters kinda suck - Link is awesome, but I'd also like to get something that isn't a "version" of another character. Like where's Diddy Kong? Really sick of those bizarro Bowsers.

Needs more Dry Bones.

My gaming days are coming to an end. :( Replacing with annoying things like healthy eating, going to a gym, and detoxing from alcohol as well :(

Surely this is the rapture

Once the family is back in town, my gaming hours will be few and far between. I'm an RPG guy, but just don't get enough time to enjoy them to full effect anymore. Still buy 'em though. :drunk:

So I'll spend lots of time playing this weekend, really get into it (I hope), and then not be able to play much thereafter. LOL. Makes perfect sense, right? o_O

If anyone hasn't bought Dragon Age Inquisition yet, I just picked it up using this deal off of OzBargain on PC for 374 Ukranian Hryvnia or around $29. Worked perfectly, and since it is through Uplay I assume the credit card processing is safe.

That is insane. I admire your tenacity for a deal.

On the game, magnificent what I have played so far except for the mandatory Bioware inventory management system disaster.

I've levelled up 3 55s so far in SWTOR since the levelling boost and i'm about 2 hours off my 4th, giving me six in total. Might even have gotten the 7th by the time the xpac is released on wednesday...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do I need to get this game?

You guys have one hour to talk me out of it.

Gentlemen, you have failed.

Downloading the free trial now. What will this include?

Do I need to get some expansions for a levelling boost?

EDIT: nvm, just realised the Shadow of Revan XP boost only goes for 2 more days. Can't see myself getting into a full grind at normal levelling rates. Ugh.

Last edited:
The levelling boost is gone by wednesday anyway, which just makes it easy to level to max level just doing the story quests without the sidequests. The sidequests are cool first time around but can be a bit tedious when you have played them with multiple characters.

Play on Bastion the West Coast PVP server, there is practically no world PVP anyway. Huttball is the best warzone by far and the best PVP battleground I have played in any MMO. Bloodbowl with lightsabers, what else can I say?

I have always played as a subscriber so I can't really comment on F2P limitations. The Imperial Agent has the best storyline out of the 6 I have played, and I want to go back and try it as light-side to see how much it changes. The Knight is kinda playing the Luke Skywalker like storyline until the 3rd Act which is pretty good. Bounty Hunter is more fun than the trooper, just due to animations IMO.

Imperial stories seem better in the first 2 acts than the Republic ones, but they all get pretty good in the third act... The only dark side Pub I have played is my trooper, which I didn't particularly like the story of - just a little to generic soldier but he has some cool companions.

I haven't played the Inquisitor or Smuggler beyond their Prologues really so can't comment.

Ranking Stories from best to worst I would probably go:

1. Agent
2. Jedi Consular
3. Sith Warrior
4. Bounty Hunter
5. Jedi Knight
6. Trooper

From what I've heard, the smuggler is pretty good too and the Inquisitor is good if you like being an evil bastard, but again I haven't gone that far.

Starfighter I haven't spent much time with because I was crap at it, but I still enjoyed the little bit I played - just not enough to take me away from the main game.

If I play on Bastion am I just going to be constantly griefed by players far more powerful than myself?

From my experience, PVP servers are for trolls and lamers. Plenty of fun on PVE servers with flashpoints and heroics.

I have done one starfighter mission and struggled

There is bugger all griefing on the PVP servers in my experience. But it means the actual queues for warzones are a bit better.

There is bugger all griefing on the PVP servers in my experience. But it means the actual queues for warzones are a bit better.

May of been in the early days (pre-Free 2 play)

I remember once on Tatoonie, a bunch of Siths pretty much clogged off the spaceport. Made it impossible for anyone wanting to leave or enter the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back