Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wii-U is for men.
Of course it is.
Peach_(Super_Mario_3D_World).png

Another video game kickstarter has delivered and in spades. The ridiculously content rich Divinity: Original Sin. Isometric overland travel in the style of Diablo, but turn based combat, a rich if somewhat inscrutable crafting system and a deep character system. Been really good thus far.

Just started playing this. Really, really nice game.

The exploration of Diablo with a Baldur's Gate style combat system.

Looks beautiful and the depth to the combat is cool. Rewards out-of-the-box thinking.

Just started playing this. Really, really nice game.

The exploration of Diablo with a Baldur's Gate style combat system.

Looks beautiful and the depth to the combat is cool. Rewards out-of-the-box thinking.
I got bogged and distracted on it but intend to come back. Just need to finish the long march that is Dragon Age Inquisition and drop an MMO or two.

I have, the last few weeks, been distracting myself with replaying the awesome Tomb Raider reboot from 2013 on the Xbone. Such a good game and if you haven't played it on your device of choice, as Molly would say, do yourself a favour!

Just bought a ps4 from an ebay daily deal from dick smith for $389. I managed to get one of the last 5.
Can I recommend the Tomb Raider reboot to you. :)

It's definitely a little imposing. The world is huge and detailed. My journal is getting out of hand already.
Are you paper journaling it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Diary

Smashed a few n00bs on BF today. It just isn't the same anymore. There's no sport in it. Shooting fish in a barrel really.

Anyway, nearly at 70,000 posts. Hope Chief doesn't come to visit me again with some sort of reward when I reach the mark. That was totes awk last time.

TBD

Dear Diary

Smashed a few n00bs on BF today. It just isn't the same anymore. There's no sport in it. Shooting fish in a barrel really.

Anyway, nearly at 70,000 posts. Hope Chief doesn't come to visit me again with some sort of reward when I reach the mark. That was totes awk last time.

TBD

Lol. Thank god I wasn't home. ;)

The cat was thorougly spooked though.

They were never quite the same anyway after Will Wright moved on, but it is always really sad to see another truly legendary and iconic game development studio shut down.

Vale Maxis.

*sheds nerd tears*

EA has the blood of some absolutely legendary developers on their hands... Maxis, Origin, Bullfrog, Westwood...

*sigh*

My favourite version of Monopoly for the PC was made in 1995. The company that made it, Westwood, got bought out and disbanded by none other than EA games.

Chances of me ever playing the game again: The Lions have more chance of playing finals. GAH.

I got bogged and distracted on it but intend to come back. Just need to finish the long march that is Dragon Age Inquisition and drop an MMO or two.

I picked up Dragon Age the other week, it is a ridiculously big game. Enjoying it though, think it just about makes up for the mess that was DAII. It's clunky but there's a lot of love in there.

I picked up Dragon Age the other week, it is a ridiculously big game. Enjoying it though, think it just about makes up for the mess that was DAII. It's clunky but there's a lot of love in there.
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm still dormant with it, finished my replay of the Tomb Raider reboot (100% that wonderful game) and picked up the Borderlands Handsome collection and am playing BL2 on my big teev through the Xbone. Borderlands is like pure game stress diffuser for me. It's slick, dumb and silly with dialled in shooter gameplay. Add the loot skinner box and I'm in a happy place.

On the the PC I'm grinding out a game of Crusader kings 2 started in 769 as a Swedish Duke that sees my family spread across the north and Britain. My main characters are currently the kings of Denmark and are about to inherit Poland as well. However religious trouble brews as the Danes are reformed Germanic and the Poles are reformed Slavic. Its 1210ish, the Franks are giant blue jerks, the Abbasids were big enough to stop the Mongols and possibly only ZoBlitz will understand half of what I said. I plan to import this game into EU IV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back