Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone catch the Star Wars Battlefront 3 Beta? I spent all Sunday downloading it after the Xbox decided I really wanted that Witcher 3 16 gb patch more. Played about an hour last night. Had an audience of three enraptured kids after bed time playing the Hoth map. Good fun even if I generally suck at these things. Pre-ordered on XBone. You know you ALL want to buy one. (PS TheBrownDog little babies are fine for gaming time as all they want to do is lie on you anyways, it is toddlers you have to watch)

Anyone catch the Star Wars Battlefront 3 Beta? I spent all Sunday downloading it after the Xbox decided I really wanted that Witcher 3 16 gb patch more. Played about an hour last night. Had an audience of three enraptured kids after bed time playing the Hoth map. Good fun even if I generally suck at these things. Pre-ordered on XBone. You know you ALL want to buy one. (PS TheBrownDog little babies are fine for gaming time as all they want to do is lie on you anyways, it is toddlers you have to watch)

Have only played the Single player option a couple of times, which is limited to the Tatooine map. Will give multiplayer a go tonight as I think the beta ends tomorrow? And, yeah, I generally suck at these types of games too.

Have only played the Single player option a couple of times, which is limited to the Tatooine map. Will give multiplayer a go tonight as I think the beta ends tomorrow? And, yeah, I generally suck at these types of games too.
I think it got extended until tomorrow, yeah. Haven't tried the single player yet. Any good?

From my small sample size, I've enjoyed the multiplayer a lot more than the single player.
Me too. Had a blast last night and for possibly the first time since my old LAN days ended at top of a leaderboard (especially in on of these 80 player things). Managed to get into an AT-ST early and dominated one of the Rebel relay points for a good 5 minutes. After they killed me I snuck around the back of the Rebel base and managed to get myself into the turret at the entrance of the Rebel Base and dominated for ages until the opposition players figured things out. I'd say 2/3 of my 25 odd kills came from those two experiences.

Note I still suck at flying anything and should never get in anything that negotiates 3D space.

It is such a tricky deck to play, but yeah, glad to see the back of it.

Just in time for the Blizzcon championships too. The elite players will be scrambling to predict the effects on the meta.

Really fascinating.

Just in time for the Blizzcon championships too. The elite players will be scrambling to predict the effects on the meta.

Really fascinating.
Yeah that is something I hadn't considered. All of those coping strategies for dealing with Patron can go out the window. Makes Pally much stronger again.

Unfortunately it does bump Warrior back to one viable deck type again, unless someone can figure out some form of aggro charge warrior but I don't think the tools are really there.

Yeah that is something I hadn't considered. All of those coping strategies for dealing with Patron can go out the window. Makes Pally much stronger again.

Yeah, Secrets Pally will become the new Grim Patron I reckon. I think Blizzard may have to address that too. My suggestion would be to apply some RNG to Mysterious Challenger. Make it "Activates 1-4 secrets in your deck" instead of "a copy of each".

Yeah, Secrets Pally will become the new Grim Patron I reckon. I think Blizzard may have to address that too. My suggestion would be to apply some RNG to Mysterious Challenger. Make it "Activates 1-4 secrets in your deck" instead of "a copy of each".
Not until I get under 10 in Ranked they won't!:p

I only really play pally decks and haven't been able to bring myself to play a secrets pally yet. I enjoy my midrange pally way too much to go with a playstyle I don't enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I ranked to 11 with Secret Pally last season but it got boring. With Grim Patron out of the picture though it becomes seriously irresistible as a ladder deck.

I am playing the meta Druid deck and a fun custom tempo Shaman deck at the moment. I've enjoyed playing Shaman since the start but The Grand Tourney has actually finally made it competitive.

Yeah I ranked to 11 with Secret Pally last season but it got boring. With Grim Patron out of the picture though it becomes seriously irresistible as a ladder deck.

I am playing the meta Druid deck and a fun custom tempo Shaman deck at the moment. I've enjoyed playing Shaman since the start but The Grand Tourney has actually finally made it competitive.
I threw together a Beast Druid that is kind of functional but not quite there. Haven't played a lot of Druid, probably just ahead of Warrior and Rogue on my played list. I do like secret Pally but, aggro pally is a lot more fun. I also have a home built Totem Shaman which is fun and competitive to a point and a home built Demonlock that can either kick arse or fail miserably.

I was a big fan of control priests before blackrock but haven't gone back to it.

I'm always religious in my fantasy world's for some reason. I love the idea of interventionist gods and their avatars. Paladins, clerics and priests have always been my thing whether in games or pen and paper RPGs. Even jedis are basically space Paladins.

Playing a half-Orc war priest in my new D&D campaign. He doesn't like to heal, does lots of buffs and his mantra for the team is 'don't get hit.'

C'mon now James. I bet that every new project you put on you manage to style yourself the high priest of funk/blues/electroclash/metal/polkafusion. Or more of a wizard guy?

"Even jedis are basically space paladins"

This made me laugh. Never made that connection but its pretty spot on.

I dont know why but in RPG type games i always end up going down the "good" side. Playing new vegas currently and finding myself doing the same choices as last time.

Yeah I tend to do the same. Tried to play as Renegade Shep in Mass Effect and I just can't be the douchebag. If there is a middle "cheeky and dry" way, such as in Dragon Age I usually take that. My Inquisitor and Hawke had all the best lines.

Two questions:

1. For you Wii Uers out there are you still digging it? We plan on getting the kids one for Christmas. Seems the best option for 8 & 11 yo kids.
2. For someone who's passed by most PC games for the past, um, 20 years I can see myself tempted by Star Wars Battlefront. (I was hoping it would be a title on Wii U, but alas it looks like that will not be) Any tips for someone totally unfamiliar with modern gaming? How does the whole subscription stuff work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back