Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a first person shooter in terms of player perspective but it's a story rich RPG. Have you played Skyrim? It's like that but set in a post-nuclear war Earth and has guns etc.

It's an exceptionally well created game world as well. Plenty of well written satire etc.

That said, if you didn't like Bioshock (what the hell is wrong with you!), you may not love it.

I didn't like Bioshock, but love Fallout.

James North, Fallout is great for controlling the pace of the game.

If you're a big fan of RDR and GTA V I'd also recommend Mad Max. The story is nothing special but it's fun to cruise around blowing stuff up. And you get a car with a harpoon on it.

Side note: the sucky thing about Red Dead Redemption is that nothing else will ever be as good as Red Dead Redemption. It's the only game I've ever finished and immediately started again.

Davemonkey, have you played this yet? Just wondering if it's as buggy as suggested? Pondering whether to jump in now or wait until some stuff gets sorted and patched. JB Hifi is right across the road from work though so, yanno.... ;)
Sorry, my lack of answer tells you how much attention I was paying to Bigfooty over the last week. I'm on XBone and apart from a couple of issues (occasional quivering corpses and one dodgy issue at start that I fixed by rebooting the machine) I couldn't be happier. Except that my guy looks like a creepy Aka post peroxide.

JasperBeardly

All Australian
Dec 3, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sorry, my lack of answer tells you how much attention I was paying to Bigfooty over the last week. I'm on XBone and apart from a couple of issues (occasional quivering corpses and one dodgy issue at start that I fixed by rebooting the machine) I couldn't be happier. Except that my guy looks like a creepy Aka post peroxide.

All good mate. Unsurprisingly I went and grabbed it later that day. :D Not sure if it was the last PS4 one in the store, but it was the last one on the shelf. I haven't really run into any issues at all. Not having played a Fallout game before, I've probably been on a bit more of a learning curve than others, but I'm really enjoying it. Haven't made much progress in the main story but I always enjoy just walking around in these kinds of games early on while I figure out how things work. Plus my son loves scrapping things around the settlement so that's taken up some time. He's also a big fan of the dog and the armour you can get early on. He keeps asking me when we're out and about whether he can go for a walk in my 'robot suit' when we get home. Have had some interesting looks from people at times.

All good mate. Unsurprisingly I went and grabbed it later that day. :D Not sure if it was the last PS4 one in the store, but it was the last one on the shelf. I haven't really run into any issues at all. Not having played a Fallout game before, I've probably been on a bit more of a learning curve than others, but I'm really enjoying it. Haven't made much progress in the main story but I always enjoy just walking around in these kinds of games early on while I figure out how things work. Plus my son loves scrapping things around the settlement so that's taken up some time. He's also a big fan of the dog and the armour you can get early on. He keeps asking me when we're out and about whether he can go for a walk in my 'robot suit' when we get home. Have had some interesting looks from people at times.
Try putting a teddy bear in dogmeat's inventory; he might enjoy that too.

i keep getting destroyed by ghouls and their variants ... I take out one in stealth then in 10 seconds 10+ come out of nowhere. Is the sneak function broke or something?
Nope but ghouls do seem more aware than other critters. I am now around level 12-14 and in certain zones (such as the East/West turnpike) I chew through normal ghouls and roamers pretty quickly.

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nope but ghouls do seem more aware than other critters. I am now around level 12-14 and in certain zones (such as the East/West turnpike) I chew through normal ghouls and roamers pretty quickly.
really that easy? I just cant take them out quick enough when mobbed. You snipe them from a distance or something? Since it's basically my first fallout (I only played a few hours of 3) I'm playing it on normal difficulty. Maybe I should lower it.

really that easy? I just cant take them out quick enough when mobbed. You snipe them from a distance or something? Since it's basically my first fallout (I only played a few hours of 3) I'm playing it on normal difficulty. Maybe I should lower it.
I play on normal but I have taken 2 ranks of the pistol perk and I have a nicely kitted out 10mm. It does the trick. A Glowing One is a different kettle of fish and I depend on the companion and stimpacks then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else interrupted a certain business transaction on the waterfront involving some ghouls (non-feral) and a local businessman? Did it end 'explosively' for everyone else?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Hmm I've been playing the EA Access trial on XBone and it has been dragging me away from Fallout 4. Just saying. One review.

Yeah, but GiantBomb are my boys. I generally respect their opinions.

It kinda raises some fears that I had towards the end of the beta that the depth might be lacking.

Yeah, but GiantBomb are my boys. I generally respect their opinions.

It kinda raises some fears that I had towards the end of the beta that the depth might be lacking.
I haven't listened to the Gamers With Jobs guys on SW:BF yet so haven't heard from "my boys" but I dunno, it feels pretty solid. Not Battlefield 4 level depth but still having a blast. Having said that I am the perennial grazing gamer and never go terribly deep on much, so you know, mileage varies.

Picked up an EB bundle including a 1TB Ps4 with Assassin's Creed Syndicate & Fallout 4 for $549 yesterday, best part is is that it's basically free! Got a $250 voucher from work for 5 years service & my housemate said she'd pay the rest as a combined Birthday/Christmas gift. Everything's coming up Tairy!

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
This card has single-handedly changed Hearthstone for the better. Absolutely disrupted the meta in great ways. The incentive to not double up on cards is now huge and has resulted in so many original deck archetypes out there within the space of a couple of days.

Absolutely pwns agro decks too. All the cheap Face Hunters can bite me.

27228.png

This card has single-handedly changed Hearthstone for the better. Absolutely disrupted the meta in great ways. The incentive to not double up on cards is now huge and has resulted in so many original deck archetypes out there within the space of a couple of days.

Absolutely pwns agro decks too. All the cheap Face Hunters can bite me.

27228.png
Absolutely loving Reno! I made my own Pally deck that was fun but, you know, s**t, so I copied Brian Kibler's Renolock (I don't have Jaraxxus so had to sub in IceHowl) and have been having a blast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back