Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I love my Lake Manor. Cellar is a Shrine/Pub/Forge, a great Armory on my East wing. Looking to develop a Arcane Chamber, before potentially leaving a bedroom, in case I decide to settle down and marry and have kids :D

Who needs a real life and dating when i can just wear an Amulite of Mara and get married?!

I like my Skyrim world better than my real world! :p :(

That said, I think returning to a nice President Bartlett avatar is due......

So dlanod can find out what Cousin Jed has been playing :p

Thought you were a Vinick man ;)

Last edited:
Geez I haven't plugged Skyrim in for a while now. Might go back and see where I was, though a corrupt save file rings a bell. Oblivion was my entry point to Elder Scrolls so I'd love to see the Morrowind remake. Came across Witcher 2 in the pile the other day as well - still in the plastic :oops:

My gaming is pretty much restricted to PS these days, but only because I downsized the number of consoles I had, not out of any militant console wars belief or anything. Plus, married with 2 kids these days so the disposable income ain't what it used to be. o_O

Always enjoy playing the Mass Effect saga and poured plenty of hours into both Oblivion and Skyrim. Dark Souls 2 is the current console resident.

Early gaming memories are the arcade version of Golden Axe at the local fish 'n' chip shop - 20c a game!! Burnt plenty of hours playing NBA Jam, Madden Football and GoldenEye with mates. Two slightly amusing memories are taking a ridiculous amount of time to get out of the first screen of the original Tomb Raider game and my view that "this will never catch on" after playing the original Final Fantasy. :drunk:

I lost too many Skyrim mid-games to dodgy 360 bugs and gamebreaking PC mods that I had to walk away. I have a 360 game going at the moment but it is off the back burner and been placed in the freezer. Would like to get back to it one day but then I have played every Elder Scrolls game since Daggerfall and finished the main quest in exactly 0 of them. Yet I love them all.

Moving back from classic television, what Skyrim blessings did people stick with?

I'm guessing TheBrownDog prayed to Skyrims Spaghetti Monster? I stick with almighty Talos just the give those High Elves the shits!

Need to complete my shrine. Might be time for a break from the study and spend a couple hours gathering some crafting material.

Yeah, I've come to just accept that with systems as intricate and complex as Elder Scrolls games have, that there will be frustrating bugs.

I trained myself to save regularly and rotate through about 6 different save slots and I usually am never set too far back.

I lost too many Skyrim mid-games to dodgy 360 bugs and gamebreaking PC mods that I had to walk away. I have a 360 game going at the moment but it is off the back burner and been placed in the freezer. Would like to get back to it one day but then I have played every Elder Scrolls game since Daggerfall and finished the main quest in exactly 0 of them. Yet I love them all.

I am very ashamed to say that I have never completed Skyrim, but I've owned it on and off since it was released (Damn trade and save games!)

But since I started my character again a couple days ago, I'm really happy with the build and my personal stance (law abiding, honorable member of the Companion, heroic Dragonborn) and I want to finally follow through with it.....

Then start all over again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am very ashamed to say that I have never completed Skyrim, but I've owned it on and off since it was released (Damn trade and save games!)

There is no real end - you can certainly complete the main quest line but even then, the game just keeps going.

There is no real end - you can certainly complete the main quest line but even then, the game just keeps going.
Which is why am also comfortable not finishing them. If I could skip the first couple of main quests it might make restarts easier, I am kind of tired of Whiterun.

The division (coming out on Ps4 I think?) looks absolutely amazing. Open world MMO :)

Can't justify the price of a ps4 atm though as there are no games I'd actually play.

Anyone here play DOTA 2? At the moment they're having the international tournament. The prize pool is around 11mil at the moment. Each member of the winning team (5 players) will get at least $1mil USD. Crazy stuff.

Anyone here play DOTA 2? At the moment they're having the international tournament. The prize pool is around 11mil at the moment. Each member of the winning team (5 players) will get at least $1mil USD. Crazy stuff.

One of those games (along with Starcraft II) that I hold no pretense of even getting remotely competitive at, so I don't bother. Have watched a fair bit of it on Twitch though... really cool from a spectator standpoint.

I ignored the main quest line initially. I just started walking to see where it took me.

Not a bad strategy at all. It's definitely set up to accommodate people who want to forge their own path.

One of those games (along with Starcraft II) that I hold no pretense of even getting remotely competitive at, so I don't bother. Have watched a fair bit of it on Twitch though... really cool from a spectator standpoint.

I play with a few friends. The thing that puts me off strategy type games is the amount of time some require to become competent at. DOTA is probably a good example.

It's amazing how big esports is getting worldwide. I remember visiting America in ~2006 and being amazed they had a channel dedicated to esports.

No discussion of e-sports is complete without Daigo vs Wong at EVO 04.

Still get chills from this. Although you need to understand the Street Fighter III parry system to fully appreciate just how amazing it is.

I am a Justin Wong fan but you just have to laugh at his "oh get ****ed, that's bullshit" body language when Daigo pulls off the miracle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back