Video Games Board Feedback - Have your say

How is the state of the Video Games board?

• Excellent. I love it.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • I have a suggestion to make it better.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Worse than Duke Nukem Forever.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of a BigFooty wide initiative, we are seeking feedback from you all about the Video Games Board. What works, what doesn't, how we moderators are doing and what we can do to make it better.

Vote in the poll, but take some time to give us your thoughts. This thread will remain open for seven days and we will respond seven days after it's closure. The only moderator intervention will be to remove offensive material.

Hopefully we get some great feedback we can all work with!

Last edited:

Well I think one odd thing is why is Don Draper still a mod on this board, he very rarely even comes here.

Maybe the board doesn't need three mods (although I think it does) but wouldn't it make sense to have three that spend time here often?

I think sometimes we can get a bit heavy-handed with moving/deleting content. Sometimes things go too far or move way off track but a bit of playful banter here and there doesn't really deserve to be deleted in my opinion. The PS4 thread is one place where this happens fairly regularly.

Only a small thing, though. Love the board for the most part.

Well I think one odd thing is why is Don Draper still a mod on this board, he very rarely even comes here.

Maybe the board doesn't need three mods (although I think it does) but wouldn't it make sense to have three that spend time here often?

FFS pants just say "I want to mod the VG board" and get it over and done with.

FFS pants just say "I want to mod the VG board" and get it over and done with.

I've actually mentioned this before to Igloo and Ant_

FYI I have as much chance of moderating this board as you do of actually being a robot from the future.

PS: You guys do a great job and it's one of my favourite boards. Top posters and top mods. :thumbsu:

FFS Bender_ just say "I want to mod the VG board" and get it over and done with.

FFS Bender_ just say "I want to mod the VG board" and get it over and done with.

I did initially, then I remembered I'm not a nerd.

But seriously I prefer modding total dipshits on the Bay than the decent people that frequent this board.

I did initially, then I remembered I'm not a nerd.

But seriously I prefer modding total dipshits on the Bay than the decent people that frequent this board.

You are a nerd, embrace it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think sometimes we can get a bit heavy-handed with moving/deleting content. Sometimes things go too far or move way off track but a bit of playful banter here and there doesn't really deserve to be deleted in my opinion. The PS4 thread is one place where this happens fairly regularly.

Only a small thing, though. Love the board for the most part.

Entirely this. Sometimes is just Dannnn the mannnn tiptoeing without trying to hurt anyones feelings. I'm just going to come out and say that the modding is generally terrible on this board.

Dan is spot on with this, no other board that I've witnessed has this much deleting of posts. It's blatant censorship, especially when some of the posts that have been deleted (which I have proof) have been calling out a mod on something he was wrong on.

NOT ALL OF THE MODS ARE BAD.

Igloo is probably one of the best mods on BigFooty and he engages with this community. In fact almost all of the posters on here are good, it's like a giant family. We get together and play games, that's what this place was meant for and it's achieved that. But then comes along a certain mod who deletes anything he doesn't agree with.

Don Draper needs to go as a mod as well, as someone pointed out above he doesn't even come here. He doesn't post and probably doesn't even view this board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I actually think Don Draper is travelling or something and Igloo is only helping out while he can't be here?
I dunno about DD, but i'm here for good now (or at least until I decide to stop. Or get kicked off.).

Entirely this. Sometimes is just Dannnn the mannnn tiptoeing without trying to hurt anyones feelings. I'm just going to come out and say that the modding is generally terrible on this board.

Dan is spot on with this, no other board that I've witnessed has this much deleting of posts. It's blatant censorship, especially when some of the posts that have been deleted (which I have proof) have been calling out a mod on something he was wrong on.

NOT ALL OF THE MODS ARE BAD.

Igloo is probably one of the best mods on BigFooty and he engages with this community. In fact almost all of the posters on here are good, it's like a giant family. We get together and play games, that's what this place was meant for and it's achieved that. But then comes along a certain mod who deletes anything he doesn't agree with.

Don Draper needs to go as a mod as well, as someone pointed out above he doesn't even come here. He doesn't post and probably doesn't even view this board.

Agree with your comments on posts being deleted and such, very unnecessary.

DD does post here but not often, certainly not often enough to mod in my opinion. Good guy and mod though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I actually think Don Draper is travelling or something and Igloo is only helping out while he can't be here?

When did he leave for travel? I can't even remember the last time I saw him in this place. Igloo (even if he is only a temp mod here) has done more in his time than Don has ever done. Igloo helped run the Pokemon contest, Igloo gets TLOU MP games going, Igloo engages with this community here. That doesn't even matter anyway, he's not the problem that people around here have with the mods.

I don't even want to give my full feedback on this board because I don't trust enough that it won't get deleted. That right there is a problem.

I actually think the boards are a lot better than 12 months ago.

This time last year there was so much snarky console war bullshit as we were waiting for them to arrive.

Most of the people who were really pushing that are gone or at least post a lot less and it's a lot better now that people are just enjoying their consoles and playing their games for the most part.

When did he leave for travel? I can't even remember the last time I saw him in this place. Igloo (even if he is only a temp mod here) has done more in his time than Don has ever done. Igloo helped run the Pokemon contest, Igloo gets TLOU MP games going, Igloo engages with this community here. That doesn't even matter anyway, he's not the problem that people around here have with the mods.

I don't even want to give my full feedback on this board because I don't trust enough that it won't get deleted. That right there is a problem.

I think the point of this thread is to allow you to air any concerns without fear of being moderated as long as no lines are crossed and the basic bf rules are broken.

I'm glad that we have a place to voice issues because I always found it asinine that there wasn't a way to query moderating issues effectively.

Because the moment you would post issues, no matter how legitimate or respectful they were could just be deleted without any need to respond.

Had to laugh at DD still being a mod of this board. Holiday or not, he stopped visiting the board long before he went away. He was doing a s**t job before that and was part of the reason people called for HBK619 to be given mod status.

This board isn't bad at all, there can be over-moderation at times when people are just trying to have a bit of fun (RIP CoD threads :p), but overall I don't have a problem with the way things are run. If you're thinking of having a proper third mod make sure it's someone that actually contributes and visits often.

If there was to be a replacement mod I think either of Dannnnnnnnnn or E92_ would be great candidates.

100% agree with that. In fact there's a few others who would be lined up as well. This board is quality and we have enough quality posters here to get quality mods.

Igloo doesn't need replacing imo for the reasons I outlined above, HBK and DD both need to go. Even if we had Bender_ on back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back