Vince McMahon to buy Newcastle?

Remove this Banner Ad

The American billionaire may be interested in buying Newcastle United.

Although no official bids have yet been made, talks are tentative. McMahon [is] eager to expand his brand into the Barclays Premier League....

The American is thought to be a soccer fan and avid follower of the EPL (English Premier League)....

As reported earlier this year by Winner Sports, current Newcastle own Mike Ashley would consider selling the football club if a suitable offer is made.

The Sports Direct owner is looking to shift his attention to the SPL after The Scottish Premier League was handed a huge boost with their share of TV money from the recent BT Sport mega Champions League TV rights deal.

A top Newcastle United source told Winner Sports: "Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.

"He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park.

"Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do."

I don't believe this to be honest but I really want this to be true as sackings could become events on wwe and it would be worth it for the endless puns that can be made.

Tend to think that the more people talk about buying into football the less likely it is.

People who are serious just get it done rather than talk about it.

15123_426503234161881_1336319859_n.jpg

LOL!

Khali in goals is good at first thought but he can't dive, so that's a big disadvantage.
The defense looks very slow. Tough defense but needs someone with speed!
The midfield also puzzles me since Henry will struggle with speed through the midfield.
I like Orton and Reigns up front since they're good finishers but Goldust is too old and he isn't the best finishers out there.

:D :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really think this is just a rumor and a bad one. As someone who has been following Wrestling for years and years, I can't see Vince McMahon purchasing an English football (Or like he'd call it 'English Soccer) team. He would never invest in something unless it's American and something that would benefit the company (WWE). If this is true though, this is good news for Newcastle United. Vince is a very smart man and he'll do his best to make the club succeed on and off the field. Like I've stated though, I highly doubt it.

I really think this is just a rumor and a bad one. As someone who has been following Wrestling for years and years, I can't see Vince McMahon purchasing an English football (Or like he'd call it 'English Soccer) team. He would never invest in something unless it's American and something that would benefit the company (WWE). If this is true though, this is good news for Newcastle United. Vince is a very smart man and he'll do his best to make the club succeed on and off the field. Like I've stated though, I highly doubt it.

I tend to agree with you mate - the reports I've read claim that Vince is wanting to 'tap into' the UK market and owning a fairly high profile EPL club would be a good way to promote the WWE in the UK. There was also some talk that he might host some events at St James' as well.

I think the whole thing isn't that serious though, probably a rumour that has spread quickly but without much substance to it - he has been linked to the club in the past when Ashley has put the club up for sale previously.

I don't really know how I feel about it to be honest. I guess if it's true, it surely can't be any worse than Mike Ashley who has ripped the soul out of the club.

He's definitely a smart business owner - the same can be said for Mike Ashley. At the end of the day, all Newcastle fans want is an owner who has the club's interest genuinely at heart and who doesn't seem to do everything possible to antagonise some of the loyalest fans in the game.

I couldn't care less if he doesn't pump in hundreds of millions or wants to try and use the club as a platform to raise the profile of the WWE. I just want an owner who realises how much the club means to the fans and who tries to operate the club 'normally' without the constant drama and embarrassment we've had to endure over the years. There is so much potential in the club.

I tend to agree with you mate - the reports I've read claim that Vince is wanting to 'tap into' the UK market and owning a fairly high profile EPL club would be a good way to promote the WWE in the UK. There was also some talk that he might host some events at St James' as well.

I think the whole thing isn't that serious though, probably a rumour that has spread quickly but without much substance to it - he has been linked to the club in the past when Ashley has put the club up for sale previously.
A WWE event at SJP would be great. "OMG it's Cisse...A striker from the Newcastle United soccer team, what the hell is he doing here and why is he attacking Orton??. *Vince comes out* "Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the new face of the WWE and the new #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight title...Papiss Cisse". LOL :p

That team lacks mobility however it would be great in the air.

LOL!

Khali in goals is good at first thought but he can't dive, so that's a big disadvantage.
The defense looks very slow. Tough defense but needs someone with speed!
The midfield also puzzles me since Henry will struggle with speed through the midfield.
I like Orton and Reigns up front since they're good finishers but Goldust is too old and he isn't the best finishers out there.

:D :p

Imagine at set pieces though or even defending corners - Khali in goal, Big Show and Mark Henry on either post - nothing would get into the net. Though all of those guys would make Heskey look like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

They probably should have thrown some cruiserweights in there for their pace and agility.

Imagine at set pieces though or even defending corners - Khali in goal, Big Show and Mark Henry on either post - nothing would get into the net. Though all of those guys would make Heskey look like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

They probably should have thrown some cruiserweights in there for their pace and agility.
Bryan should replace Goldust.
Ziggler should replace Ryback
Sin Cara shouls replace Henry

:D

Bryan should replace Goldust.
Ziggler should replace Ryback
Sin Cara shouls replace Henry

:D

Reckon Kofi Kingston would be worth a shout if he is still around? I think he is actually from Ghana (and not Jamaica as they say). Yoshi Tatsu as well might be technically gifted like some of his compatriots haha

A WWE event at SJP would be great. "OMG it's Cisse...A striker from the Newcastle United soccer team, what the hell is he doing here and why is he attacking Orton??. *Vince comes out* "Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the new face of the WWE and the new #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight title...Papiss Cisse". LOL :p

Had a genuine laugh at this! Maybe we could sign Carroll and Barton back as well and Clattermole and Pepe and Ibra (with his mad taekwondo skills).

Reminded me of this - chucked it up on the pics and gif board yesterday.

1656030_638397526227326_94252710_n.jpg

Plus a few others.
1622200_10151939704523231_1173234685_n.jpg

1901921_626614610743578_745377194_n.jpg

1013218_10151991508687712_28475071_n.jpg

1901746_628182237235050_1098724280_n.jpg

While I still think the rumour is little more than bs some wrestling website posted, I think the fact that we're being talked about with a $500m takeover shows this rumour has little substance (at this stage).

No one in their right mind would pay that much for us - I think Ashley could be tempted with $250m (get back his 150m interest free loan he pumped into the club and a tidy profit on top of that). He was reportedly ready to sell for $267m in June last year but with the sale of Cabaye and strong disillusionment with many fans, he might sell for a bit less.

Either way, he should have plenty enough to buy Rangers and pocket their 'easy' CL money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back