Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article, reminding those who think rape happens in dark alleys, or because girls get drunk

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2014/09/15/rape-myths-hide-crimes-just-ask-these-children/

Up to half of all abused girls in some countries, according to the UNICEF report, experienced sexual violence at someone’s home. One-third said that the incident took place in their own home; close to a quarter said it happened in the home of a friend, relative or neighbor. As for the perpetrators, they are usually known to victims.

(and it didn't take long for a shitty comment to be posted on the article).
I agree, great article. Disappointed that the author didn't see fit to mention the American guy forced to pay child support for a child he fathered when raped by the child's mother. Another great example of law enforcement failing rape victims.

I agree, great article. Disappointed that the author didn't see fit to mention the American guy forced to pay child support for a child he fathered when raped by the child's mother. Another great example of law enforcement failing rape victims.

:confused:
Not sure why you would expect every singular case to be referenced? The article highlighted the high profile ones (the English town etc) and reconfirmed that most assault/rape is likely to occur in the home. This is a common misconception, and a common argument to shift the focus from the crime, to the victim (victim blaming).

While I don't know anything about the case you referenced, the suggestion of it is horrible and goes towards understanding how rape affects people, differently.

:confused:
Not sure why you would expect every singular case to be referenced? The article highlighted the high profile ones (the English town etc) and reconfirmed that most assault/rape is likely to occur in the home. This is a common misconception, and a common argument to shift the focus from the crime, to the victim (victim blaming).

While I don't know anything about the case you referenced, the suggestion of it is horrible and goes towards understanding how rape affects people, differently.

It would have fit perfectly in the article as it (a) dispels another rape myth and (b) fits with the discussion around minors not being able to consent at all, yet law enforcement saying "play on". This case was discussed only 5 pages ago, although I can forgive you for missing it amongst the stupid arguments.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...pport-daughter-didn-existed-article-1.1927767

It would have fit perfectly in the article as it (a) dispels another rape myth and (b) fits with the discussion around minors not being able to consent at all, yet law enforcement saying "play on". This case was discussed only 5 pages ago, although I can forgive you for missing it amongst the stupid arguments.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...pport-daughter-didn-existed-article-1.1927767

What is the myth? That males can't be raped? He was a 14 year old boy, so it kinda fits the entire premise of the argument that minors can not consent -- I don't think it needed to be specifically mentioned though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right... You just quoted an article about a minor being taken advantage of and raped, to dispel a myth... that you have never heard.
You seem to have problems reading the text on your computer screen. Go back and read it again and quote where I said that the myth was that minors can't be raped.

Where have you heard the myth that men can't be raped??
In many places, even here. It's still a quite common attitude among stupid people.

You seem to have problems reading the text on your computer screen. Go back and read it again and quote where I said that the myth was that minors can't be raped.
It would have fit perfectly in the article as it (a) dispels another rape myth and (b) fits with the discussion around minors not being able to consent at all

Dispels a rape myth... link is to a case of a minor who is a rape victim, because minors cannot give consent...

Interesting myth...
In many places, even here. It's still a quite common attitude among stupid people.
Are you talking about men can't be raped, or do you mean (men can't be raped by a woman)?

I know simple s**t confuses you, but I hope I've helped.

Nobody in this discussion. I have seen it posted here before multipe times but I cannot recall the precise posts or threads, it's not a detail that I commit to long term memory.
Fair enough.

The only place I have ever seen it argued is on the website of an anti-feminist nutter who makes the BF MRA crew look rational. He calls the MHRM and AVFM manginas #lel
eivindberge.blogspot.com.au

'Any person just a few short decades ago would laugh his ass off if you told him women can "rape" boys. An honest biologist would still laugh his ass off at such an imbecile notion, as would any halfway rational or commonsensical person.'

Stephanie Zvan noticed that the Men's Rights subreddit is surveying themselves. The results are...well, they're exactly what you think Men's Rights "activists" would be:

The Men’s Rights subreddits ran a demographic survey of their members recently. Courtney pointed me to the results. They’relisted here. The survey is still open, but as of the time I loaded it, there were just over 3,000 responses. While that is a self-selecting sample, 3,000 responses from 88,000 subscribers isn’t a bad return.

So what are the results? Who are these men's rights activists? They're 98 percent white, 87 percent of them are between the ages of 17 and 20, 83 percent of them identify as conservative, and they're very concerned with marijuana legalization. Also, 92 percent of the respondents believe men are legally disadvantaged compared to women, and 87 percent of them believe men are socially disadvantaged compared to women.

Sometimes it's nice when your suspicions align perfectly with reality. Next time you encounter a men's rights activist on the internet, remember: They're most likely college-age white men who are still living in (or who just left) their parents' home.

Angry little boys.

The survey was sabotaged. It's even acknowledged in the 'againstmensrights' subreddit here. Most reasonable people would've doubted the results after a quick glance, but I guess confirmation bias is a powerful force.
He says, doing the exact same thing...

How is your evidence different to the evidence you quoted?

Oh and mottrain ... :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back