Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Floor Pie

Cancelled
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sorry for the inconvenience of actually attempting some discussion in this thread.

And yes, I do work for them. They pay me mad dosh to share their viral videos with 10 nutcases on the SRP board.
Oh. Sorry. You were looking for a discussion?

OK! I'll go back, and read your post, and see its connection to the thread title, and how you attempted to create a sensible discussion.

Raz0r6ack

Team Captain
Jul 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
If you click on the link to the original quote, that was apparently from an australian who complained that his buddy was jailed for punching a woman in the face.

https://manboobz.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/wrcomshreecklong.png
wrcomshreecklong.png

I honestly don't know if the white ribbon campaign is an extension of the white feather campaign (I'd assume that it is not) but anyone who goes out of their way to disrespect an unprovoking WWII solider like that, regardless of gender, does deserve a good smack in the head. If that is true and he did go to jail for that then that truly is a disgrace.

Floor Pie

Cancelled
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

This rubbed me the wrong way.

Statement of personal emotion without clarity. Not sure what to say, or what to discuss.

You know what, I reckon I've already got that one down pat thanks.
You have "not to ******* rape" "down pat"? I guess a congratulations are in order?
Are you all of society? I don't think you are, because rape still happens in our society.
Maybe it was an exaggerated line, meaning that everyone should be better educated, thus leading to less rape?

Isn't that what society has being doing? For absolutely ages?
Another awesome way to begin a discussion... But...
Depending on your definition of "ages" (Directly proportional to your age, I would guess.), there has been a movement towards female equality. But I'm not sure when society started to fight with itself, and say there is equality, but shouldn't be...

If you think there is current equality for either males or females in society, I would say you are wrong.

I feel like I'm doing all the leg work to make a discussion here...

I'm not personally a female, but really, do females feel fear walking to their car? Really?
You're not "personally a female"? What are you intimately? What are you on weekends?
So many questions!!!!!

In answer to your question. Yes.
In fact, both males and females can fear walking to their car in certain situations. A multitude of reasons exist.

Everyone focuses on how everyone looks, regardless of gender.

Yeah, there is definitely a larger pressure put on women than men, in term of how society looks at people.

Anyway. You didn't really seem to want to start a discussion. But I feel I created one for you!

Let's talk!

Floor Pie

Cancelled
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
wrcomshreecklong.png

I honestly don't know if the white ribbon campaign is an extension of the white feather campaign (I'd assume that it is not) but anyone who goes out of their way to disrespect an unprovoking WWII solider like that, regardless of gender, does deserve a good smack in the head. If that is true and he did go to jail for that then that truly is a disgrace.
15SFz.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hence why I said...
which it is clearly not

White feathers were a first world war thing, given to men who refused to go to fight in the war.

A story about a returned soldier from the second world war being given a feather is clearly bullshit and is being used for nothing more than some MRA jihadi nutbags extremist woman hating rant.

Raz0r6ack

Team Captain
Jul 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
You only said "If that is true", to say it was a disgrace that he went to jail...

I'm writing a thesis on you right now! I've found something denser than iridium!
which it is clearly not

White feathers were a first world war thing, given to men who refused to go to fight in the war.

A story about a returned soldier from the second world war being given a feather is clearly bullshit and is being used for nothing more than some MRA jihadi nutbags extremist woman hating rant.

If that is true and he did go to jail for that then that truly is a disgrace.
If that is true (what happened) and he did go to jail for that then that truly is a disgrace.

Comprehension not your strong point is it?

Raz0r6ack

Team Captain
Jul 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Los Angeles Clippers
it is made up, it is bull s**t.
It may very well of been made up. But the way cartwright wrote that earlier post it was suggesting that if the scenario was true that the man would have been in the wrong for taking such action when he actually had served in World War 2.

You and your understanding of words...
Pretty funny!
Care to explain how my justification was wrong? You can't can you. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back