Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you clarify if these statistics are qualified in any way or are they about as meaningless as say asking a group of aboriginals whether they have been racially abused for example with no method to clarify things such as the respondents definition of racial abuse.
You don't know how clever you are do you?

Approx 1 in 10?

That's 89 women over 3 years, so less than 30 per year. That's a good improvement on 47 per year or whatever the previous statistic in this thread was.
[/QUOTE]

I believe it's over 2 years and averages out to 1 in every 8 days
Compared to the previous stat of 1 a week

Remember? You thought you were clever asking "who got killed this week".

Can you clarify if these statistics are qualified in any way or are they about as meaningless as say asking a group of aboriginals whether they have been racially abused for example with no method to clarify things such as the respondents definition of racial abuse.
Yes, they ask dead women if they are dead. Have a twinkie snapperhead.

My better half is a Mica Paramedic and in 20 years on the job she has come across a lot of domestic violence cases. The things she's seen and had to deal with. Boy Oh Boy, Wow wee!

Yes, they ask dead women if they are dead. Have a twinkie snapperhead.
So I guess that's where we get the statistics for the men too then? Also good to see you cannot justify it in terms of the statistic result. This is exactly why there are many questions raised about the accuracy of ABS analysis in certain areas like this.

So I guess that's where we get the statistics for the men too then? Also good to see you cannot justify it in terms of the statistic result. This is exactly why there are many questions raised about the accuracy of ABS analysis in certain areas like this.
You are seriously calling into account the ABS? I think you should go and sit that IQ test, I think you got a false positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thesis put forward by wandering123 (who subsequently, unsurprisingly, has gone missing), "Violence Against Women - A Men's Issue" must now be acknowledged as having been proved. The measure of this is how many men have re-enforced her proposition by posting (ad nauseum in some cases) on this thread. For them, it is obviously an issue. Well done that woman. It is a minor pity that we may not only never see her like again, but nor will we, apparently, actually see her again. Come back, almost all is forgiven.

The thesis put forward by wandering123 (who subsequently, unsurprisingly, has gone missing), "Violence Against Women - A Men's Issue" must now be acknowledged as having been proved. The measure of this is how many men have re-enforced her proposition by posting (ad nauseum in some cases) on this thread. For them, it is obviously an issue. Well done that woman. It is a minor pity that we may not only never see her like again, but nor will we, apparently, actually see her again. Come back, almost all is forgiven.

This thread probably has a greater female/male participation ratio than most other threads on BF.

You are seriously calling into account the ABS? I think you should go and sit that IQ test, I think you got a false positive.
Yeah just because they are the government stat agency doesn't mean their results are conclusive and unqyestionably accurate. How many people trolled the last census with Jedi their chosen religion.

Hardly.

This thread probably has a greater female/male participation ratio than most other threads on BF.
Even if this be so, it doesn't meant there aren't a shitload of men on this thread falling over themselves to comment. I'm talking bare numbers and quantity of posts, rather than ratios.

Even http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/violence-against-women-a-mens-issue.1066387/page-95if this be so, it doesn't meant there aren't a shitload of men on this thread falling over themselves to comment. I'm talking bare numbers and quantity of posts, rather than ratios.
That's because the first few posts disagreed with her, then the white knight army (predictably) came out to bash those same people.

Besides, with such an incendiary opening post (and title), clearly positioning men as the enemy of women everywhere, what else did you expect? Feminism doesn't want men from sticking up for themselves or disagreeing with them, they just want to indoctrinate everyone to the belief that women good/men bad.

And the mods predictably closed down the "Feminism- over it" threads, so that debate moved here too.

well worth a read:
http://www.kingstribune.com/index.php/weekly-email/item/2065-violence-committed-by-men

Around 80% of violent crime in Australia is committed by men.
The gendered nature of non-sexual assault is in the perpetrators, not the victims. Only 7% of physical assaults against male victims were committed by female perpetrators, but 87% of non-sexual assaults against women were committed by male perpetrators.
Right, because our society encourages men to report violent assaults committed against them by women:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back