Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
The violence against women thread was probably a bit narrow in scope - according to Victoria Police crime statistics on offenders processed for the 2013/14 reporting year:
  • 87% of homicides were committed by men.
  • 98% of sexual assaults were committed by men.
  • 83% of non-sexual assaults were committed by men.
  • 90% of robberies were committed by men.
  • 92% of abductions were committed by men.
The question that stems from this is 'what is wrong with men in this country?'

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-an...to-commit-violence-as-men-20141118-3km9x.html

more information relevant to the information the view being put forward in this thread relies on.

The first book published in recent times about Police corruption in the Australian State of Victoria has now hit best-seller status. This in spite of an unlawful Government-imposed media black-out on reporting The Hoser Files - the Fight Against Entrenched Official Corruption by name in mainstream newspapers and TV networks.

http://www.smuggled.com/vrb1.htm

Something needs to be done to improve the mental health of men too.

I was twelve and I rode my motorbike down to the highway to catch the school bus. I didn't just ride it. It was a former racing bike and it got tret how it was built to. These days, if i got caught, i would be facebook star on the states police FB page with hundreds abusing me and bogans in general. This has to phuq with mens heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biology of males has it's pros and cons for society, this is one of the cons. You can't just undo the hard wiring of thousands and thousands of years of hunting, fighting, competing against each other, fighting each other in wars just like that without also getting rid of the pros.

Crime has always been apart of society and will for a long time to come. Unless you actually have a solution it's probably best not to whinge about something that can't be fixed.

If anyone's seen the way police treat males who complain about domestic violence, they would not trust anything that is deduced from statistics garnered from police concerning domestic violence. Police corruption is no more evident than its treatment of male victims.They tend to bully them, as it uses alot less resources, with the same result for them, than if they did the right thing in a society deluded about this issue.

The biology of males has it's pros and cons for society, this is one of the cons. You can't just undo the hard wiring of thousands and thousands of years of hunting, fighting, competing against each other, fighting each other in wars just like that without also getting rid of the pros.

Crime has always been apart of society and will for a long time to come. Unless you actually have a solution it's probably best not to whinge about something that can't be fixed.
I haven't seen any posts 'whingeing' about crime, just a question about why men are so over represented in violent crime.

Are you seriously arguing that people should not be entitled to ask a question that they don't know the answer to?

Why about their biology?

Thousands of years of labour being divided up into "women's work" and "men's work". Women were the ones who got pregnant and had babies, so they were the ones that generally stayed close to home. Those who were nurturing and supportive would have been of greater benefit to their tribe than those who were aggressive, so those traits in females would have been favoured. The men had to go out and hunt and defend their people from other tribes, so aggression would have worked in their favour. Passive males would not have survived or would not have been seen as desirable members of the community and therefore not desirable mates.

That's not to say that this is the way things should be and that we should be happy for it to continue that way, but it explains why men are still more aggressive. We're still in the process of being re-wired. Most men are not neanderthals who cannot control their aggression, and women are not all going to be nurturing but in general, those tendencies are still there.

I haven't seen any posts 'whingeing' about crime, just a question about why men are so over represented in violent crime.

Are you seriously arguing that people should not be entitled to ask a question that they don't know the answer to?
You aren't actually interested in the question though. This is just a cover to have another cry about those big evil men. The 'what is wrong with men in this country?' is kind of a giveaway, 101 Trolling this stuff.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt to actually knowing why males are more likely to commit criminal acts because if you haven't actually worked it out for yourself by now then you are beyond help.

You aren't actually interested in the question though. This is just a cover to have another cry about those big evil men. The 'what is wrong with men in this country?' is kind of a giveaway, 101 Trolling this stuff.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt to actually knowing why males are more likely to commit criminal acts because if you haven't actually worked it out for yourself by now then you are beyond help.
Sums up nicvely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back