Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Men are far more likely to be violently assaulted than women are. It's just that nobody cares about that. Even ISIL wouldn't take credit for killing that American female aid worker but they are happy to burn a man to death on camera. Double standards.

Both are true, Kynge. 75% of all homicide victims in America are male. Like I said nobody gives a s**t, and your glib reply is in keeping with that attitude.
:rolleyes: It may appear glib, but given the topic is 'violence in society; Who is to blame?' pointing out that the overwhelming majority of perpetrators of violence are male is valid.

:rolleyes: It may appear glib, but given the topic is 'violence in society; Who is to blame?' pointing out that the overwhelming majority of perpetrators of violence are male is valid.
and the fact that the overwhelming majority of victims are male points out that viewing it through the prism of gender is moronic

Just to be clear, are you arguing that I can't state that men are responsible for the majority of violence because the majority of victims of violence are men?
No, I'm saying it is pointless to do so and I am saying that it is also pointless to 'blame' men (the topic of the thread as you pointed out) given that 'men' are the victims.
It's about as relevant as saying that humans should be blamed for violence.

No, I'm saying it is pointless to do so and I am saying that it is also pointless to 'blame' men (the topic of the thread as you pointed out) given that 'men' are the victims.
It's about as relevant as saying that humans should be blamed for violence.
It is pointless to point out facts? Seriously? If you don't think a grouping that perpetrated the majority of violence can be named in this thread, perhaps the thread is not for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to be clear, are you arguing that I can't state that men are responsible for the majority of violence because the majority of victims of violence are men?
My take on it is that framing it as men being responsible for the issue, while statistically accurate, isn't the best way of looking at it. I see the over representation of men in violence as being for the same reasons women are over represented in, say, being the partner to give up work to care for children. It's an anachronistic gender role that society as a whole has kept alive in various ways.

Gender roles are to blame, and while gender roles are overall advantageous to men, they aren't universally advantageous, and it isn't just men that are to blame for them being instilled in kids. That's not to say women are to blame either, just that gender roles are a societal issue, and as such is a product of the values previous generations held. Gender roles affect both men and women in a variety of different ways, and should be viewed as a more general thing rather than separating the issues in the name of 'men's rights' and 'feminism' (not to say that that is what ALL MRA's/feminism/feminists aim to do).

Women being viewed as being better at caring for children, and men being viewed as being better at being disciplinarians are related issues, and should be viewed as such.

Last edited:
wait, so we ARE saying violence in society is a men's issue?!

Bill Burr had those famous words: "Ladies, can you at least admit, every ass-kicking doesn't just fall out of the ******* sky?"

Oh Bill. :oops:

The problem with most men is that when their woman turns feral (and they do, far more often than feminist *silly people and their bootlicking male sycophants in the mainstream media would have you believe) they take the bait and lash out.

When you react to a mental woman just know you're not reacting to logic or reason. You're reacting to a cocktail of rancid PMS & Tumblr induced emotions.

So what's a man to do when faced with a scheming, manipulative, button-pushing bitch in overdrive? Here's what:

Slip out the back jack. That's right, leave.

Go see your mistress, go to a strip club, go and hang out with a female friend. Whatever floats your boat. When she calls (and she will) let her hear other womens voices in the background.

Works wonders.

It is pointless to point out facts? Seriously? If you don't think a grouping that perpetrated the majority of violence can be named in this thread, perhaps the thread is not for you?
If you reduce everything that is said into purile semantics then this thread is definitely where you belong :thumbsu:
Richard Pryor summarised my thoughts rather eloquently.

Last edited:
A lot of the male on male violence I've witnessed and heard about can generally be traced back to something involving a woman.

Don't act like women are completely innocent. I've had women threaten to get me bashed (men as well) and there are definitely women out there who enjoy watching guys stand up to other blokes who have said or done something non-physical to degrade them. Like this for example:

Most people will, of course, nod and smile in mixed company, then secretly laugh at that small group of misfits at every party who can't stop regaling people about **** shaming and the patriarchy.
You must go to really s**t parties.
figures.
Ever brought up the patriarchy with a guy you bedded?

Extra points if you also did it whilst telling him about his male privilege just prior to the act.
With the level of distasteful personal questioning and mindless tripe you're directing toward this poster I'm picking your fluffy little arse has been bashed a few times.
1) Cartwright taunts Slippery Pete about a previous post (that wasn't even directed at her)
2) He retorts back with something that she obviously doesn't like
3) Scon interjects and implies that Pete deserves a bashing for what he said (which wasn't even violent!)
4) Cartwright likes scon's post

What does that tell you about a woman's involvement in male on male violence?

Patriarchy!!

A lot of the male on male violence I've witnessed and heard about can generally be traced back to something involving a woman.

Anyone who's gone out regularly over the years will have witnessed this many a time.

Women start s**t then stupid males get dragged into it. The men should just leave the women to get their lights punched out.

Don't act like women are completely innocent. I've had women threaten to get me bashed (men as well) and there are definitely women out there who enjoy watching guys stand up to other blokes who have said or done something non-physical to degrade them. Like this for example:

1) Cartwright taunts Slippery Pete about a previous post (that wasn't even directed at her)
2) He retorts back with something that she obviously doesn't like
3) Scon interjects and implies that Pete deserves a bashing for what he said (which wasn't even violent!)
4) Cartwright likes scon's post

What does that tell you about a woman's involvement in male on male violence?

Patriarchy!!

Lol.
That's the way forums work. One person posts something and anyone can respond.

and I liked the post as scon noted that it was distasteful.

But try to stay on topic

This is about violence in society.

Haha priceless-so even a guy punching up another guy-its the fault of the woman. There you go. You learn something every day. :rolleyes:

Most of the women who love it are rotund.

would wolstencroft's Hellfire Club now have a whole new constituency of middle aged ladies who like to swing on sex swings like Will Oldham's cradle, sorry, Wilt Chamberlin's sex swing. I got the wrong pro sportsman.sry, will oldham aint a pro sportsman, he just plays low-fi altcountry with a balding pate and beard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Wolstencroft
upload_2015-2-17_21-45-56.jpeg
upload_2015-2-17_21-48-18.jpeg

It would be, but you didn't respond with your stat, you used it as a replacement, or a fix for mine, as though the statistic of men as the perpetrators cancels out the stat of men as the victims. This suggests that men are responsible for the violence inflicted on them by other men, which is an unacceptable point of view.

Both are true, Kynge. 75% of all homicide victims in America are male. Like I said nobody gives a s**t, and your glib reply is in keeping with that attitude.
Nobody gives a s**t? What planet do you live on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back