Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

I met my wife and she encouraged me to pursue a spiritual alternative to work through my issues rather than hate music.

Did you meet a 'born again' Christian? Your story sounds eerily like my own... to a point. The girl I met ended up disliking the fact that I, while cool with her beliefs, valued my own as well and did not join her group on Sundays beyond the first two goes.

That world is too 'alien' to me. I'll have you know I grew up on a steady diet of heavy metal. Angry lyrics. Satan. Rape. Murder. Torture. It's all there, and I have an abiding love of horror movies as well. But you know what? It's all an escape. You know the blood is fake in a horror movie. You know Stephen King or Clive Barker isn't writing about their true experiences. You know a heavy metal song is just a dark aural painting filled with dark words as the paint.

Only in the depths of a mind insane are fantasy and reality the same. If you take these things literally you've got a problem.

Even during daylight hours...

What does this say about our society when a senior police officer throws up the white flag on violence against women in this way?
Think the policeman has overreacted a bit though. Just a dreadful incident, could have been anyone by the sounds of the man they arrested and am assuming women will continue to frequent parks.

Think the policeman has overreacted a bit though. Just a dreadful incident, could have been anyone by the sounds of the man they arrested and am assuming women will continue to frequent parks.

Yep. Most likely.

The outrage this comment prompted was staggering. A lot of stupid, angry feminists out there.

I'd rather focus on the idea of people in society with clear mental issues running around..

There is also the incident of the woman in parramatta, the young kid who stabbed a man neutral bay, sydney and I believe a stabbing on a tram due to staring?

I'd rather focus on the idea of people in society with clear mental issues running around..

There is also the incident of the woman in parramatta, the young kid who stabbed a man neutral bay, sydney and I believe a stabbing on a tram due to staring?

Are these the acts of 'normal' blokes? Do you have any mates who've expressed a desire/intention to assault women? Or do you think perpetrators of such crimes - i.e. criminals - are maladjusted *-ups who belong behind bars?

I tell you what... I've seen plenty of women walking on quiet streets cross to the other side of the road over the years, presumably out of concern over possible assault from a male stranger of relatively imposing size. This will continue to happen, with or without the Doncaster murder. When this happens I usually feel a pang of regret that society is this way, but not guilt.

Remember the bloke who was shot to death by a bikie in the CBD after stepping in to help a prostitute he didn't know? Most men possess that same instinctive desire to protect women against violence. This Pickering woman and others like her exist in a distorted reality. They are man-haters, and I hate them back for it.

Last edited:
Are these the acts of 'normal' blokes? Do you have any mates who've expressed a desire/intention to assault women? Or do you think perpetrators of such crimes - i.e. criminals - are maladjusted ****-ups who belong behind bars?

I tell you what... I've seen plenty of women walking on quiet streets cross to the other side of the road over the years, presumably out of concern over possible assault from a male stranger of relatively imposing size. This will continue to happen, with or without the Doncaster murder. When this happens I usually feel a pang of regret that society is this way, but not guilt.

Remember the bloke who was shot to death by a bikie in the CBD after stepping in to help a prostitute he didn't know? Most men possess that same instinctive desire to protect women against violence. This Pickering woman and others like her exist in a distorted reality. They are man-haters, and I hate them back for it.

Ok....?
Nope. All the males in my world are completely normal.

Why should you, or any normal person feel guilt? That's not expected.

Ok.... If you want to hate people who you'll never meet, go ahead.
There's a few women haters on here
I don't hate them, I just think they're strange.

Ok.... If you want to hate people who you'll never meet, go ahead.
There's a few women haters on here
I don't hate them, I just think they're strange.

I don't have anything against women in general. Not a thing.
Women are hunted, harmed and killed routinely by men. They become victims of men because our society licenses the treatment of women as objects, tools, prizes and possessions.
You don't think she's blaming men in general? You don't think she's saying the murder happened because men, including me, sanction such violence through our attitudes?

I've rarely read such absolute crap.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even during daylight hours...

What does this say about our society when a senior police officer throws up the white flag on violence against women in this way?
You do realise he said "people", right? Not just women.
"I suggest to people, particularly females, they shouldn't be alone in parks," Inspector Hughes said.
Thank you for confirming my point.

Your point was to correct final print?
The original post was exasperation that society should put up with high level police say we should just deal with violence against women.
You asked for confirmation that the word "people" was used.
It was explained to you, that yes the word "people" was used, followed by "particularly females".
And you thanked Kynge of Begrem for "confirming your[sic] point".

You think you are being clever, and calling someone out. Then when you realise how badly you've gaffed, you pretend that you were simply being a pedant... The fault is, that this is bigfooty, and if you were truly a pedant, you wouldn't have time to breathe.

You did the same stupid thing in your cheerleading attempt in the Tony Abbott Gaffe thread, as called out by Ratts of Tobruk.

Your point was to correct final print?
The original post was exasperation that society should put up with high level police say we should just deal with violence against women.
You asked for confirmation that the word "people" was used.
It was explained to you, that yes the word "people" was used, followed by "particularly females".
And you thanked Kynge of Begrem for "confirming your[sic] point".

You think you are being clever, and calling someone out. Then when you realise how badly you've gaffed, you pretend that you were simply being a pedant... The fault is, that this is bigfooty, and if you were truly a pedant, you wouldn't have time to breathe.

You did the same stupid thing in your cheerleading attempt in the Tony Abbott Gaffe thread, as called out by Ratts of Tobruk.

My point was that the cop referred to people, not just women. Cartwright confirmed my point. Kynge of Begrems post was intellectually dishonest, removing context and therefore altering the meaning. Giving up on violence against people is different to giving up on violence against women.

Not sure what the rest of your rubbish post is on about but you seem to have an interesting perspective on reality.

Who was i cheerleading in the Abbott Gaffe thread?

Last edited:
My point was that the cop referred to people, not just women. Cartwright confirmed my point. Kynge of Begrems post was intellectually dishonest, removing context and therefore altering the meaning. Giving up on violence against people is different to giving up on violence against women.

Not sure what the rest of your rubbish post is on about but you seem to have an interesting perspective on reality.

Who was i cheerleading in the Abbott Gaffe thread?
Ah, still playing dumb to hold your ground.
Hopefully it's an act...

A statement was made about the stance on violence against women being a white flag.
You step in, insisting that the gender is irrelevant.
It's shown to you that the gender was specified by the top cop (confirming the original post).
You, with tail betwixt legs, pretend you just wanted to correct the original quote... which was never quoted.

I'm sure most people would seem to have an "interesting perspective on reality", when viewed from your own special one...

Hopefully it's an act...

A statement was made about the stance on violence against women being a white flag.
It's shown to you that the gender was specified by the top cop (confirming the original post).
You, with tail betwixt legs, pretend you just wanted to correct the original quote... which was never quoted.

I'm sure most people would seem to have an "interesting perspective on reality", when viewed from your own special one...

Thats an interesting perspective on reality you have there.

Article in news.com.au reckons its in the genes .

So you aussies are a bunch of congenital crims after all;)

You can also balme this yorkshireman for shipping your ancestors out here WTF ?

image.jpg

Also with fred west part of the problem was a certain brain injury he got when young. People can recieve the injury during violence and makes them much more likely to be uncontrolably violent.

Explains Radnar and his merry men

Hopefully it's an act...

White flag? There hasn't been a time in human history that's free of violence.

I'm all for setting idealistic goals and striving for them. But you don't do that by ignoring reality, and encouraging women to put themselves in risky situations just because you think in an ideal world they ought to be able to go wherever they like completely free from the threat of violence.

That's not the world we live in. Accepting reality isn't giving up.

Who's to blame?
The people doing it

Things could change a lot faster though, if people took their own safety seriously
It is becoming more common for people to go out into the world expecting everyone to be of a high moral standard
Quite simply, we have more naive people out there, meaning more easy targets for the aggressive

It is these people who make the job harder for our police.
Instead of protecting the people from criminals, they are spending half their time protecting people from themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back