Competitions Virgin Australia Film Festival

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2002
MORPHETT VALE
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide crows
Here's a dedicated thread for Adelaide's Virgin Australia Film Festival entry launched this morning.

Basically, if Crows win the festival, they get international business class flights that will be used for the pre-season training camp – which is a pretty massive win for the club!

So please share around. People need to share the Virgin Australia post for the shares, likes, comments to count.

The scoring system is:

YouTube view - 1 point

Facebook/YouTube like - 3 points

Facebook/YouTube comment - 5 points

Facebook share - 10 points

The vid is here:

It’s the year 2025 and some of the Adelaide Crows have made some interesting career choices.

The Virgin Australia Film Festival sees AFL clubs showcasing that ‘Everything’s Possible’. YOU can help to decide the winner, by liking, commenting on and sharing this video, so here’s your chance to support your team! For full details: www.virginaustralia.com/filmfestival

The Facebook post for people to share is here:
https://www.facebook.com/virginaustralia/posts/10152191504881990

Hopefully in the next few years it will also be starring an "Aish" and won't just be produced by one!

Leaderboard as at 5.30pm Tuesday for Youtube Views
Adelaide - 18,678
Port Adelaide - 15,450
Essendon - 9,781
St Kilda - 7,362
Richmond - 4,370
Western Bulldogs - 4,005
Brisbane - 3,383
GWS - 3,153
Gold Coast - 2,913
Carlton - 2,855

Port easily winning in shares though, which are worth 10 points to a views 1 point. Looks like their players wont be forced to buy their own tickets to pre-season training this year, assuming they want to go to LA that is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaderboard as at 5.30pm Tuesday for Youtube Views
Adelaide - 18,678
Port Adelaide - 15,450
Essendon - 9,781
St Kilda - 7,362
Richmond - 4,370
Western Bulldogs - 4,005
Brisbane - 3,383
GWS - 3,153
Gold Coast - 2,913
Carlton - 2,855

Port easily winning in shares though, which are worth 10 points to a views 1 point. Looks like their players wont be forced to buy their own tickets to pre-season training this year, assuming they want to go to LA that is.

Don't forget shares/likes etc only count for the video that's uploaded from the Virgin Australia Facebook page/You Tube channel

https://www.facebook.com/virginaustralia?fref=ts

Don't forget shares/likes etc only count for the video that's uploaded from the Virgin Australia Facebook page/You Tube channel

https://www.facebook.com/virginaustralia?fref=ts

We are apparently second to Port over all, they have something like twice the shares (10 points) and there comments were going up by the second earlier this evening because they ran a guess the crowd, comment on this post to win contest. We should do a guess the score or something, I see we tried a "give us Dangerfields favourite commentary catchphrase" or something but thats not simple enough.

Can we have Port kicked out based on this (d) the Film (including all film footage, musical works, lyrics and sound recordings) contains only original works; haha but seriously the only difference between 1st and 2nd is business class and economy, but there is almost a month to go so anything can happen.

I wonder if this suggests the club plans to go overseas for some sort of training camp.

That was terrible
Would be nice if they had a story line - a beginning, a middle and an end. Wasn't it support to be a short film?

Being an impatient crows supporter must be getting the better of you two.

They are getting reward for effort with the recognition the video is getting and will win.

It looks like most clubs used the Port/AFL360 template except for Port surprisingly, so at least we did something fun and different. If I remember correctly last year there were more stupid funny entries like ours.

Being an impatient crows supporter must be getting the better of you two.

They are getting reward for effort with the recognition the video is getting and will win.

Ha - ok

I just thought, as a piece of art, which short films are, it was terrible. It made me cringe and it wasn't funny. The Rory Slone part doesn't even make sense... He goes bald, so he starts a company that re-grows hair on other bald players, but stays bald himself? Yeah I know it's a joke and not to be taken seriously, and I wouldn't be qualifying my initial response with this prose if you hadn't quoted me about it... but it's straight out terrible.

I haven't watched the other club's videos, but watching the St Kilda one from last year was bad enough -

Nothing to do with being an 'impatient Crows supporter'.

Ha - ok

I just thought, as a piece of art, which short films are, it was terrible. It made me cringe and it wasn't funny. The Rory Slone part doesn't even make sense... He goes bald, so he starts a company that re-grows hair on other bald players, but stays bald himself? Yeah I know it's a joke and not to be taken seriously, and I wouldn't be qualifying my initial response with this prose if you hadn't quoted me about it... but it's straight out terrible.

I haven't watched the other club's videos, but watching the St Kilda one from last year was bad enough -

Nothing to do with being an 'impatient Crows supporter'.
Agreed. If they're going to make it funny then it should at least be, you know, funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back