Viv Michie - Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo just updated the injury list on their site... looks like he's out for the year poor kid. Liked what I saw of him in the WAFL

Worried that he's still on crutches with the first stint of pre season not too far away. Really interested in this kid, and I'm hoping he gets a good solid crack at pre season. Anyone got the Lower down on how he's going with his rehab and the ETA on running/training/playing?

i don't think the club cares how long he takes to come back - he's recently signed a contract extension until 2013. kid must be good.

Any word on Viv?

Still an indefinite on the injury list. Chris Egan mach II?
I was watching the news last and the story was about Elvis' injury.
I noticed in the background that Michie was training.
He was running freely and kicking the ball.
Has anyone got an update on whether he is likely to make it back in 2013?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching the news last and the story was about Elvis' injury.
I noticed in the background that Michie was training.
He was running freely and kicking the ball.
Has anyone got an update on whether he is likely to make it back in 2013?

I saw that clip, but I think that might have been Sub-cliffe. Looking forward to seeing Michie getting some games next year, given the club rates him so highly.

looks like he will be getting a full pre-season!
FREMANTLE
Start of pre-season:
Wednesday, November 14 (first- to third-year), Wednesday, November 21 (fourth- to seventh-year), Wednesday, November 28 (eighth-year plus)
Injury list: Stephen Hill (shoulder), Michael Johnson (ankle), Anthony Morabito (knee), Matthew Pavlich (hip and Achilles tendon)

Captain Matthew Pavlich's surgery wasn't major, while Michael Johnson had a left ankle clean up. Both will return to training with the club's senior players on November 28. Stephen Hill had a loose shoulder tightened and is currently wearing a sling. He will be running in a few weeks, however, and will return to training with the fourth- to seventh-year players. Anthony Morabito, who suffered a second knee reconstruction in July, is running now but the club won't put expectations on how the 20-year-old's pre-season will progress at this stage. Viv Michie (foot) and Peter Faulks (groin) have progressed well after season-ending injuries and won't have their 2013 preparations delayed.

Pretty good injury list, if such a thing exists. Pav and Johnson have had plenty of pre-seasons, and they seem to look after themselves well. Missing a few weeks won't be majorly detrimental.

Still, majorly looking forward to Michie. From most accounts, he seems naturally talented, but hard at it. My guess, based on nothing but FFC optimism, says he'll go alright.

Michie out training on the field today. Looks strong and fit, which is absolutely great!

If anything he could have a solid season for Peel if not push for a birth in the AFL. He was playing decent footy for Peel when I watched a few games before the injury and i'm sure this has made him hungry.

surely Viv has to be THE most hyped late-ish draft pick yet to debut.
I'll admit that I am guilty as well of being super excited about him making his AFL debut & I've never seen him play, but it seems to be building to a crescendo.

I wouldn´t say he has been so hyped up.

There were a lot, like myself, defending him when people were calling for him to be chopped having come to the conclusion that he was too injury prone or had had enough time. He always had the talent which he had started to show before the foot problems. Ross Lyon even singled him out for some praise as an exciting talent when he came to the club - although I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Ross had some family connections or was friends with the Michie family.

Great to see him doing so well now and having his body right.

The great thing is that he is not a new draftee/first year player with a jelly body. He is actually pretty big now and is ready to go. 185cm and 85kg now.

Yeah, he looks really solidly built. As a backyard sports scientist, would you want too much more weight on him? As a midfielder, you don't really want him to lose mobility or speed.

Well – that is if we're going to play him in the middle. He's being there for Peel, yeah? But didn't people pencil him in as a half forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back