Vladimir Putin - what do you think of him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good info but doesn't prove McCain killed civilians. Being without remorse could just mean he had no regret about doing a mission to bomb the North Vietnamese despite the chance of collateral losses. Big difference to having their blood on his hands.

Putin is an ass.
What kind of inverted daft logic is this?

Vlad is quite clearly a cold, calculating, deceptive and power hungry sociopath and that he and his staff are likely directly responsible for acts thst the west would reel in disgust at.

That said he is no different to many on the other side who are far more agressive and far less concerned with the effects of their actions. I think his presence is probably a good thing in the sense that he isnt afraid to call the States out for its duplicity.

Nutjob though.

Vlad is quite clearly a cold, calculating, deceptive and power hungry sociopath and that he and his staff are likely directly responsible for acts thst the west would reel in disgust at.

That said he is no different to many on the other side who are far more agressive and far less concerned with the effects of their actions. I think his presence is probably a good thing in the sense that he isnt afraid to call the States out for its duplicity.

Nutjob though.

Well said.

Although....When the U.S Admin, under the reign of Ronnie ray-gun & Gee-Dubya Senior, placed Sting on the top 10 list of America's biggest enemies, for merely penning his song 'Russians'....Then you begin to understand that 'nut-jobs' abound wherever power-politics exists.

Nutjob though.
What would be a example to back up the nutjob slur??

I am still unsure of what to make of this guy. I have no idea on whether he has helped Russia become a better place to live or whatever? But recently he seems to be promoting Russia more as a power to be reckoned with on the world stage - with increase military exercises, etc. I think he is definitely a stronger leader than that joke of a leader Boris Yeltsin. But some people say he is too authoritarian. Ex world chess champ Garry Kasparov has been trying to campaign against him in Russia, saying the same thing. Any opinions from people who know more about the current state of Russia?

I'm no expert on Russia , but I have thought in the past this Putin was a egotistical half wit.

I'm not so sure anymore. Some will say he is in Syria helping a dictator , I think now that that dictator may have to kept and controlled to get rid of ISIS and any other anti western terror groups. Or groups that might bother the Russians as well.

I have always thought that the world since the fall of the Soviet Union has become so much more dangerous , even though before there was mutually Agreed Destruction, between the Iron Curtain and the West. NUKES GALORE!

But the world was controlled , by super powers and I think 25 or so years of over indulging in Nationalistic Insanity in many many places around the World SINCE 1989 we have seen more trouble than ever before, because too many nationalities wanting control and to do some payback.

They have to be kept in line , and the only way is through 2 or 3 big super military powers running the world. Sound funny but in my mind that is how you stop petty wars, and politics etc , when the power nations are drained of influence and only one left ( the USA) with too much on its plate.

All the little killers come out like Rhuwanda, the conflicts in the Balkans which were horrendous, the rise of terror to an extreme level, and even when strong men were in control , even the Middle East was calmer , until our big cousin got involved, even after 9/11 there was a better way to go than going to war in 2 countries, 10 years of death to kill Osama Bin Laden.

So that is what I think Putin is saying , we will flex our muscle , we won't beat around the bush with maniacs like ISIS and others , or play the war game too softly , we'll join up and show you how to destroy these world ruiners , terrorists!

We'll actually go to total war and finish it.

And the West maybe grateful that the Russians have come in , and they should also be hammering ISIS , and getting results. They say they are bombing the living daylights out of ISIS , BUT ISIS IS STILL THERE.

Putin may just be balancing up the world military power again. Because right now we have 2 military giants, in Syria and Iraq, they have to be and they have to win so the refugees can go home.

As for the Ukraine troubles , I don't know that Russia is right there I know the current Ukraine govt kicked out a greedy nutter who was pro Russian.
But I don't think Russia would have any problems with a pro West Ukraine, in fact they might benefit form being part of the main stream world.

Maybe that's what Mr Putin is heading towards. As for Syria , right now I say that its fine, that another power wants to wipe out ISIS and others,even if its helping another dictator , I mean the super military powers of the world dictate to everyone all the time, don't they, yes/no?

he's as bent as Stalin, he hasn't murdered nearly as many but his morals and ethics are the same, he kills political opponents or sends them to jail on false charges. He kills journalists who speak against him, he is becoming a dictator but sadly he will get away with it because the Western goverments are too scared to question him and the yanks are just as bad anyway.

I don't think any of us can assume we know what Putin is or isn't. And Russia is a different kettle of fish to run, than any where else.

Dogmatic bastards may be needed there!

The one thing I do know , in Syria at the moment , Russia is fighting against some of the terrorists we are fighting against.

Strange that?

Its why something else is going on I think, to stabilise the world before all this does turn into Armageddon.

And you know the most baffling thing is why do we humans make everything so damned hard and fight and kill. What are we?

WHY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Doesn't everyone enjoy peace and calm, there is no need to go to war , got to be a better way. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ! There won't be though!

Basically. We need Russian gangsters to keep U.S gangsters from achieving complete dominion, though.
Yes better than Australian Gangsters who kill all of each other , to the point where we have no more Aussie actors to play them in Underbelly!!!!

At least Russia and America put their gangsters into office!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is a wonderful leader. He doesn't apologise or back down for being a real man and wanting to keep Russia connected to it's traditions. You have to admire that about many of the Russians. They are who they are and don't give a damn who it offends.

When i grew up the KGB was suppose to be evil nasty men, I never would of believed one would become president of Russia and speak with so much compassion knowledge and guts.

that was absolute brilliant viewing, cheers for that:thumbsu:

When i grew up the KGB was suppose to be evil nasty men, I never would of believed one would become president of Russia and speak with so much compassion knowledge and guts.

Wow Little Graham, I haven't seen that before , but I too have really given Putin a kicking personally , myself on BF , I think I am wrong.

I think when I look at the situation the US and consequently all its allies are in now, that we are in need of new Russia , and Putin strong man attitude over the years IN HIS HOMELAND, is to perhaps give him power and credibility to give good advice to the West.

And his Soviet experience ? Well maybe we did read him wrong, when he finally got leadership of Russia. Maybe he did have the right to say to Ukraine , Khrushchev gave Ukraine the Crimea , we didn't , that is a question I had forgotten.

Also the fact that the Russian fleet did spring up on the west coast I think it was, of America, in support of the 18th century American Independence war.

Both of the two world wars we were allied with the Russians.

Perhaps in this modern era we will be able to see that perhaps the bogey man was not Russia. Australians love America, but we have ridden the Tigers back for a long long time, to to our advantage, as well as what we are involved in now.Which is a dangerous shamozzle of the highest order.

Sometimes advising a good friend, on a better way, is a good thing to do. After 9/11 the US went about the destruction of Al Qaeda in the most stupid way and got no where. After Iraq the Middle east turned upside down. The Americans were defeated in Iraq by stupidity.

Now they have the whole world in a war with a pack of maniacs they helped create!

I think , you know, just maybe, we have a friend in the people, who pulled down their Iron Curtain. A large rethink, we all have a common enemy.

And Putin did nothing in that interview and speech... but TALK SENSE!!!!!

Abbott really was a flea in world sensibility.

Cometh the moment, cometh the man....and thank 'you know what' for that. Putin saved Russia from that drunk Yeltsin and his Oligarch supporters and has proven to be a statesman for the whole journey since then.

Last edited:
What would be a example to back up the nutjob slur??

The horseshit these guys read and see in the media and believe...Because you know it's in the media and the media never lies does it nor does it play out the governments agenda.

Nooo those things only happen in evil communist countries like Russia with big bad Vlad the blood sucking war monger.

Keep up, it's not hard. Whenever you feel you are starting to think for your self just bash your head against a brick wall to bring you back to the level of the common imbecile in Australia and you'll be right mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back