Vlad's salary for 2013 was $3.8 million

Remove this Banner Ad

We're looking at the comparative size of the leagues, TV rights, sponsorship etc.
You're just pissed he's closed the gap between what he gets for running the league and what you get from ad revenue. :D ;)

70%+ more than he's earned in any year previously. 2013 must've been a very good year for the AFL.

He probably needs it so he can afford longer mid-season holidays.

Another wing on Lake Como.

105986830_como_293194b.jpg

Seems about right considering the record $446M profit that was reported.

Would assume most CEOs take home an equivalent or higher percentages of their company's profits than Demetriou does.
I thought the $446 was revenue and profit was closer to $15m.

The reason corporate executives continue to leech millions from he rest of us is because people swallow these bullshit justifications like "that's the going rate/underpaid compared to others/etc...".

No person is worth $3.8m/yr unless they built the company.

Fat Andy is just another in a long line of corporate leeches.

You don't think AD has built the AFL into being the biggest sporting powerhouse in the country?

And fair market value does dictate the salary - i'd rather be paying AD $3.8m than David Gallop $500k

If Robbo is so pissed then he should publish his own pay slip and bonus scheme to show just how hard a 'common man' has it.

Bet there are plenty of people who would be happy to take on the role of Herald Sun Chief Football Writer for the 'peanuts' he must be getting.

I thought the $446 was revenue and profit was closer to $15m.

Correct.

Still, net profit nearly doubled in 2013, and revenue reached record levels and had an $18M increase on the previous year. I don't think Demetriou's actual share of that (again, the long service bonus is distorting the figures here) is unreasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Robbo is so pissed then he should publish his own pay slip and bonus scheme to show just how hard a 'common man' has it.

Bet there are plenty of people who would be happy to take on the role of Herald Sun Chief Football Writer for the 'peanuts' he must be getting.
Especially the dribble blobbo writes or says!

On a work to pay ratio Robbo would make 10x as much as the Fonz.

Beaker tried to deflect saying "we aren't comparable to the corporate world" when they were discussing pay structures and bonuses. You earn 250k a year just from the ABC Gerard. I would beg to disagree...

Last edited:
Correct.

Still, net profit nearly doubled in 2013, and revenue reached record levels and had an $18M increase on the previous year. I don't think Demetriou's actual share of that (again, the long service bonus is distorting the figures here) is unreasonable.
I agree, I just thought there was no way the AfL could be making $450m profit.

Not absurd given what other CEOs earn but absurd if you consider his personal contribution to the league's revenues. But you could say the same of a vast majority of CEOs.

How did Vlad get a performance bonus based on last year's performance?

If $3.8m true (even discounting any LSL payout), the most overpaid person in football - even more so than Angus Graham ;)
Don't be naive!! AD is CEO of a major business that has grown by over 200% under his watch. On almost every KPI he has been an overwhelming success. Compared to what some other CEO's get (and this info is published in annual reports) I'm surprised AD isn't paid more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back