crespo007

Senior List
Apr 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tottenham Spurs, Subiaco Lions
Hearing murmurs that the dogs inner sanctum is chasing Michael Voss very hard to take over from BMac in 2015.

Hearing murmurs that the dogs inner sanctum is chasing Michael Voss very hard to take over from BMac in 2015.
Could you tell us your source?

And as posted above he says that he wants to be in the media next year.

Bomber Thompson said he would be at Essendon too...

Also - never said Voss has said he would take it but is being courted

Surely they would only ditch McCartney for a proven coach i.e. Worsfold

I think he'll get the sack as he is an very ordinary match day coach but not until next season.

Bomber Thompson said he would be at Essendon too...

Also - never said Voss has said he would take it but is being courted
Thompson may still end up at Essendon, no-one thought Hird would be this stupid and go it alone against ASADA and force the board to sack him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell are the bulldogs thinking going after voss if true

I reckon Voss would be a good coach if he got a second chance.

Some bad recruiting decisions were made a few years back and after an internal review it was discovered that the guy had very little support around... Don't think the lions had much money to throw into the coaching department back then and Voss learning the role was too exposed with too little experience around him. Also recruitment is not the coach's sole responsibility but he does need to take the blame.

Did a great job developing some of the kids the lions have now. Rockliff is a great example.

People seem to forget that a 1 point margin in 2 games in the final round in 2013 would have meant finals for the lions which is testament to the way he turned our ageing list around.. He made some mistakes but he also did some great things as a coach.

I'd love to see the guy get another crack.

I think we need an experienced head as our next coach. That means someone like Roos, Bomber or Worsfold. We shouldn't go from a first-time coach in McCartney to essentially a lesser experienced Voss.

Then again, they reckon Gia has a future in coaching. I'm interested in seeing how far that goes.

Sub Coach - and I guarantee that has to become a thing for the AFL. And maybe a franchise sub position.

.......... As long as it's not Brisbane he gets another crack at you mean?

Nah, I reckon he could do pretty well at a club with money and the right coaching support. He didn't have that at the Lions. Add the compromised drafts and I think you'd struggle to find many coaches given such a difficult task in their first couple of years.

I enjoyed the whole Crazy Vossy thing as much as the next guy, but after the initial debacle, which came about because of overvaluing the strength of the playing list by all concerned, he actually developed into an ok coach and started to develop some good young players. I think he will do ok if given another chance.

Funny to say now, but he might end up being the best out of Hird, Buckley and Voss :p

I enjoyed the whole Crazy Vossy thing as much as the next guy, but after the initial debacle, which came about because of overvaluing the strength of the playing list by all concerned, he actually developed into an ok coach and started to develop some good young players. I think he will do ok if given another chance.

Funny to say now, but he might end up being the best out of Hird, Buckley and Voss :p

three of the best players but three of the worst coaches

I can't wait for riccuitto to step up at the crows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back