Certified Legendary Thread From Injustice to International Cup glory - the Renee Tong story continues

Remove this Banner Ad

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
A Canadian women with ambitions to represent Canada at the 2014 International cup in Australia has entered a competition where she can win $10000 towards her sporting dream. She simply has to get the most votes of the contestants, and she is currently second. Go to this address read her story and give her a vote (you can vote once a day).

Costs us nothing, potentially gives her 10 grand (and a free kick for Aussie rules in Canada).

Update courtesy of Flawed Genius:

Cliffs for those joining us.

Contest = most likes wins $10K to make their dream a reality

Renee (our hero) wants to use the money to play in the 2014 International Cup (AFL) here in Australia
Marissa (our villain) wants to use it for some horse racing barrel racing s**t

Natasha (Nat146) = Marissa's sister (although she has vehemently denied this at stages)
- Natasha's FB history has shown auto-vote services being "liked"
- Upon discovery of said fact, she "unliked" those pages
- Marissa has managed to stay consistently 1000-1500 votes ahead of Renee at all times, despite a concerted effort by BigFooty (>100,000 users) & multiple AFL players & officials RTing tweets with the link
- Natasha has accused Renee of cheating to rig the competition, possibly to cover her own tracks

Currently Marissa leads the voting by roughly 1300 votes with basically 1 day left in the competition

Update 1:
Flawed Genius said:
Natasha Zwicker = Marissa Zwicker's sister

Evidence pointing to this fact: (obtained by Sidebottom2Beams)
- Facebook friends
- Copy of family obituary which lists the two names (Nova Scotia residence)
- Natasha's own admittance​
Auto-voting system proof here

Update courtesy of Flawed Genius and Striker475:

Update 2 ( jatz14 might want to chuck this in the OP as well)
Flawed Genius said:

A post has been made on GenuineHealth's (the company running the competition) Facebook page, bringing to their attention the attempted subterfuge by the Zwicker family. If you would like, you can like the post or add a comment to ensure the organisers of the competition investigate the votes for suspicious IP addresses or any proof of autovoters
Striker475 said:
Direct link to the Facebook post:

Update #3, #4 and #5 courtesy of Flawed Genius from post #1345 onwards

The Official Bigfooty Podcast Episode 18 Extra - Renee Tong
With The_Wookie and The Prosecutor

[audio link]

Update: September 14th

Hey guys,
No news to share yet - but hang tight! I have been in contact with the contest administrator. Don't worry, as soon as there is something I will definitely let you all know

Update: September 25th

There will be, don't worry! GH sent all the entrants an email saying they will still formally announce a winner. I should have another update tomorrow - can't believe its almost been a whole month since the contest ended already eh?

Update: October 2nd

Genuine Health have said via Facebook that they are clearing the results through Legal, but should be about a week away from announcing the winner.

Update: October 3rd

Victory in our time! Congratulations from all of us at Bigfooty

innnerchamppicture-winner.png

Update: October 4th

Thanks again everyone. :) I will definitely keep you all updated with how things are going! There's a few tournaments coming up mid Oct - Canadian Nationals and US Nationals. First round of names on the team are announced a few weeks/ after that I believe. Anyway, any exciting news I will post.

Definitely look forward to meeting you all in person!!

Update: October 24

Hey guys,

The full roster isn't out yet, but I found out that I didn't quite make the team. Sadface. I am currently an emergency but I do have all year to prove myself - there's still time! More motivation to train, right?

Update: October 27

Interview i did with AFl Ontario development manager. We talk about Renee and barrel racing from 23:57 -28:55.

Update: July 2014

Due to some teams pulling out of the women's competition, and because Canada has a large number of women wanting to come, Canada is now sending two teams. Renee remains as an alternate for the Canada #1 side (Northern Lights), but will come with the #2 side (Midnight Suns) regardless.

Update: August 2014

After stellar performances at the International Cup, Renee Tong was named to the International Cup womens World team, on the interchange. She was one of nine canadians to make the team.

Women’s Team
B:
Alexa Blatnik (USA), Malia Afuha’Amango (Tonga), Catherine Georgiadis (USA Liberty)
HB: Fiona Roarty (Ireland), Salote Matakibau (Fiji), Hilary Perry (Canada)
C: Emma Dickinson (Canada), Amy Legault (C)(Canada), Paula Keatley (Ireland)
R: Hallie Lee (USA), Laura Corrigan (VC)(Ireland), Emma Kelly (Ireland)
HF: Veronica Fernandez (Canada), Kirsten Bodashefsky (Canada), Kendra Heil (Canada)
F: Sara Edwards-Rohner (USA), Aimee Hazely (Ireland), Kim Hemenway (USA)
INT: Renee Tong (Canada), Lara Hilmi (Canada), Gill Behan (Ireland), Danah Arnold (Canada)

This folks, is what we know as a great success story.

Update: September 2016

Renee has been named in the Canadian side for the 2017 Cup. Her fundraising page for the trip is here.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Canadian women with ambitions to represent Canada at the 2014 International cup in Australia has entered a competition where she can win $10000 towards her sporting dream. She simply has to get the most votes of the contestants, and she is currently second. Go to this address read her story and give her a vote (you can vote once a day).

Costs us nothing, potentially gives her 10 grand (and a free kick for Aussie rules in Canada).

Where can we see the leaderboard? (How much does #1 have so far?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the Equestrian rider deserves more votes, I'd prefer somebody wanting to make the Olympics over somebody wanting to come to Australia for a holiday.
equestrian is a wealthy persons sport at the top level. $10k shouldn't make or break their Olympic dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back