Competitions Vote for the 2015 Whipping Boy!

Who will be the 2015 Whipping Boy?

• David Mackay

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ricky Henderson

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Josh Jenkins

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Brodie Martin

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • James Podsiadly

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Brent Reilly

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Scott Thompson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nathan van Berlo

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Steven Trigg

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's gotta be Mackay, the one with the most potential on that list and most likely to disappoint. And also probably going to have his fair share of game time as well.

He's our 7th most experienced player. He should be getting game time. I hope he plays with 150th this year. (Edit: no I don't - 149 would be better)

I agree it will be Mackay, because he's unfairly judged on here.

265686-steven-trigg.jpg

There's to many options on that poll that hold thier own and make the decision hard.

Pleased delete thread.

Nah, I wouldn't think so. After all, he left us in great shape, by his own admission.

Funnily enough, I think we can attribute lots of the things that go bad on 2015 to decisions he's made previously, absolving the golden children Roo and Fagan from criticism while they right the ship. He is truly the gift that keeps on giving. In other news, I want Carlton to go 0-23 this season.

Nah, everyone will come down hard on Brodie Martin if he doesn't get at least 25 possies at 100% DE and at least 4 goals, while Brodie Smith will be universally gooed over even with 5 direct turnovers a game...

Nah, everyone will come down hard on Brodie Martin if he doesn't get at least 25 possies at 100% DE and at least 4 goals, while Brodie Smith will be universally gooed over even with 5 direct turnovers a game...
I'm not sure I have ever seen Smith turn the ball over let alone 5 times in one game ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far too hard to select just one option, I guess it will also depend on which of these guys are playing in the 22 to determine which one will be the biggest whipping boy.

Isn't Brodie Smith getting the 25 disposals at 100% efficiency?

I'm not sure I have ever seen Smith turn the ball over let alone 5 times in one game ;)

Isn't Brodie Smith getting the 25 disposals at 100% efficiency?

Smithers has turned it over by foot numerous time. 5 times a game is overstating the situation, but he isn't as elite by foot as some believe. sure he hits a lot of long range targets, but he also turns a few over, nearly always in the back half, often leading to opposition scores. Now I am a Smithers fan, but he gets away with a lot more on this board than the whipping boys do.

And yes, I can see the sarcasm dripping...

Smithers has turned it over by foot numerous time. 5 times a game is overstating the situation, but he isn't as elite by foot as some believe. sure he hits a lot of long range targets, but he also turns a few over, nearly always in the back half, often leading to opposition scores. Now I am a Smithers fan, but he gets away with a lot more on this board than the whipping boys do.

You don't become an AA if you're a whipping boy.

Gee if B.Smith turnovers get you going how did you cope with a decade of Brent Reilly?

Gee if B.Smith turnovers get you going how did you cope with a decade of Brent Reilly?
To be fair, Reilly rarely kicks it directly to an opposition player.

It usually goes straight into the crowd.

Back