MVP Votes Round 4 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

5 -D Pearce - lead the midfield, absolutlely brilliant today.
3 Johnson - 1 of the two defensive generals
3 McPharlin - 1 of the two defensive generals
3 Pavlich- Best forward by a mile
1 Sandilands, brilliant tap work.

5 - Johnson (yes I know McPharlin had most disposals, but there were a LOT of cheap switching marks amongst them; it's MJ who actually gives us the main offensive drive from the backline these days and had the greater influence today)
4 - Sandilands (Hey Lethal...Sandilands angry...Sandilands want ball...Sandilands tap ball...Sandilands rove ball...Sandilands hit hard...Sanidlands rated by people who know!)
3 - Pavlich (maybe in his twilight the truly great games might get a little more sparse, but when the SuperPav boot is on song it still brightens the hearts of Freo fans everywhere)
2 - Hill (our emergency bullocking clearance man who seems to have really grown into his frame now - and as his goals proved, he still has the afterburners when necessary)
1 - Suban (some shocking kicks early on, but our mate Nick is probably another one who has grown into his body and I was delighted to see him just keep attacking the stoppages and preventing Essendon getting any lightning run going)

Very honourable mentions to McPharlin, Pearce and Mzungu.

Not quite enough from either Simpson or Taberner to warrant a BYB (which I don't give out lightly), but neither were far off.

Only 2 out of the first 28 posts in the votes thread have Matt de Boer in their best.

His stats:

12 Contested possies (#1 for Freo)
8 Tackles (#1)
4 clearances (#3)
91.3% Disposal Efficiency (17.5% ahead of our next best mid)
0 Clangers

Just sayin...

Only 2 out of the first 28 posts in the votes thread have Matt de Boer in their best.

His stats:

8 Tackles (#1)
4 clearances (#3)
0 Clangers

Just sayin...
He was better than last week for sure, but without the benefit of watching a replay yet, I'd still have 5 or 6 players higher than him. I expect that sort of DE from players whose handball to kick ratio is so high. Again, I haven't seen the stats but I can't recall him kicking much at all this afternoon (and that's fine, because he knows his limitations).

Anyway my votes:

3. D Pearce
2. Hill
2. McPharlin
2. Mzungu
2. Pav
2. Clarke
2. Sandi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His stats:

8 Tackles (#1)
4 clearances (#3)
0 Clangers

Just sayin...
He and Ballantyne played terrific games. de Boer was superb, may not appear in a lot of votes, but the coaches would of loved his match.

His stats:

8 Tackles (#1)
4 clearances (#3)
0 Clangers

Just sayin...

yeh kept noticing him appear and do the right thing, he really offers us depth in the midfield and is a big reason Lower never got much playtime.

Radio only but:
5. McPharlin
4. Pavlich
3. Hill
2. Johnson
1. D. Pearce

BYB: Taberner.
2 goals from a KPF other than Pav, isn't it great?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty even performance:

2 D. Pearce
2 Sandilands
2 Pavlich
2 McPharlin
2 Johnson
1 Hill
1 Neale
1 DeBoer
1 Clarke
1 Ballantyne