MVP Votes Round 4 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

5.Jono.....clearly BOG for me,supreme reader of the play
4.Hill....really good signs from Hilly this year and a couple of classy goals
3.Sandilands......dominated and several taps resulting in goals
1.D.Pearce...really strong at the contest,great game
1.McPharlap...supreme at Fullback
1.Pav.....really solid game up forward,always looked dangerous,some good marks mixed with great set shots on goal

honourable mentions to Clancy,Matty De Pig,Creepy and the Zaks

I loved Hilly's game but it's hard to go past Johnno as BOG. So:

5. Johnno
4. Hilly
3. DPearce
2. McPharlin
1. Pav

Sorry Sandi - wanted to squeeze him in, but on balance, his opposition was pretty pathetic, so hard to justify him ahead of any of the five above.

BYB: Gotta be Josh! :hearts::thumbsu:

5 - MJ
4 - Sandi
3 - McPhar
2 - Pav
1 - Hill

Unlucky.. D.Pearce, DePig, Sutty, Crowls, Z.Clarke

Watched a replay this evening. Played better on second watching that I thought the first time, especially given the energy sapping conditions. My votes:

4. Elvis - was solid in both defense and with ball in hand. Just quietly has been in good form all year, but was very influential in this game

3. MJ - particularly when we broke the game open in the 3rd, MJ was key to it, so creative these days, a fantastic tank and disciplined too.

2. Pav - kicked a captains goal to lift ours and sink the Dons morale going into the main break, he and the team went on with it from there.
2. Hill - so important with our big midfield guns missing. Loving his game.
2. DPearce - as with Hill, was so tenacious in the midfield and is hitting the scoreboard which really has always been his thing until an off year last year.

1. Sandi - like the GC game, didn't have much of an individual opposition to deal with, but made it known to all watching that you better continue to have a plan for Sandi, or he will monster his Dockers into a winning position around the clearances.
1. DeBoer - not always as clean as we'd like. But he got in there and provided a much needed physical presence lacking last week. Got his hands on the ball and mostly did something decent with it. Liked his game.

Other good performers:

- Suban as so much more imposing in the contested ball which was absolutely necessary after last weeks no-show. Not dissimilar to DeBoer in terms of importance.

- Duffield played a good game as did Sutty working off the back flanks.

- CPearce was a bit of a jack of all trades in that game and his influence shouldn't be underestimated.

- Crowley, back to his blanketing best significantly reducing Watson's impact.

5. McPharlin
4. Pearce .D
3. Sandi
2. Johnson
1. Pav

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 McPharlin
4 D. Pearce
3 Sandi
2 Pav
1 MJ