MVP Votes Round 8 vs Nth Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Watched the rest of the game last night. Gees we were strong. Can't believe I was worried that Nth would do what they did to us last year. Not sure if I'd say they were 'best' as such, but most important in an even performance for mine were:

3. Fyfe
3. Walters
3. Spurrrrrrr
2. Mundy
2. Barlow
1. Neale
1. Balla

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
this is becoming far too hard.

I vote to extend to a top 10 :cool:

Yeah, sounds good. Not going to do it mid season though. But when the season is done, I'd be happy to revisit and see if we can find another method that can still work on a forum like this.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
By definition, you can only have one best on ground.

Not sure I was saying you can't have a 'best on', nor was the post I was replying to.

But seeing as you've brought it up ... yes, by definition, of course that is true. But the reality is that there isn't always a clear 'best on ground' in a real sense. So terminology aside, it might be good to have ways of recognising the more significant/better/important (insert whatever term of praise you like) players on a field that allows for a broad spread as well, particularly for those occasions where you might have a number of players that were, generally speaking, as good as each other. I often refer The Doig method is an example of what I'm talking about and is excellent, but impractical for a forum like this.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure I was saying you can't have a 'best on', nor was the post I was replying to.

But seeing as you've brought it up ... yes, by definition, of course that is true. But the reality is that there isn't always a clear 'best on ground' in a real sense. So terminology aside, it might be good to have ways of recognising the more significant/better/important (insert whatever term of praise you like) players on a field that allows for a broad spread as well, particularly for those occasions where you might have a number of players that were, generally speaking, as good as each other. I often refer The Doig method is an example of what I'm talking about and is excellent, but impractical for a forum like this.

You could only do something similar by using broad ratings for example; Outstanding game, exemplary, very good, good, played his role well.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
You could only do something similar by using broad ratings for example; Outstanding game, exemplary, very good, good, played his role well.

Sure, basically would be like going back to strictly 5-1 and allow people to place as many players as they want into any number, but you might get some skewed results with some people listing the whole team and others just picking out their top few. Haven't though it through that much TBH, but what you're saying is one way I guess.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
It's awesome the way it is!

Yeah, cool. And on that positive note, here are this week's results as the voting panned out; as is the norm these days, Fyfe is up there again and Neale is becoming a feature higher up the voting too, that's 4 weeks on the trot where he has been in our top vote getters. Walters return to form is marked with his rounding out of the top 3 - great to see. Here's the breakdown:

Rnd 8 vs Nth. Melbourne

Score Name - Votes (Number of People who Voted)

7 Nat Fyfe - 271 (65)
6 Lachie Neale - 213 (59)
5 Michael Walters - 167 (61)
4 David Mundy - 126 (50)
3 Michael Barlow - 89 (42)
2 Danyle Pearce - 26 (16)
1 Garrick Ibbotson - 18 (12)
1 Clancee Pearce - 19 (12)
1 Lee Spurr - 17 (6)
- Michael Johnson - 6 (6)
- Hayden Ballantyne - 6 (5)
- Tom Sheridan - 4 (4)
- Aaron Sandilands - 4 (3)
- Matt Taberner - 4 (4)
- Chris Mayne - 2 (1)
- Luke McPharlin - 1 (1)
- Stephen Hill - 1 (1)

65 voters participated

The vote results thread will have the updated standings soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back