vozzo

Remove this Banner Ad

bradee

Senior List
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Tried to post a link,but its not working.But just read an article on Perth Now,that Vozzo is a leading contender for the Adelaide Crows CEO position.How would we feel about that? Happy? or disappointed if he left?

who would we replace him with ?Trevor Woodhouse? Mick Moylan? anybody other names we could throw up?

Not Happy.

People are blaming him for poor recruitment when hes only been in the job for a few years and thats not even his main responsibility.

His effectiveness can only be judged after a few more years.

But if he does go, target whoever is recruiting at the Lions... just find someone else to be responsible for keeping them around.

Unhappy. Coach bears primary responsibility for the shape of the list, recruiters are responsible for assessing players on talent and Vozzo is the middle man. There is nothing to suggest he can't build an effective working relationship with Simpson in the medium to long term and turn us our football department around into something notable.

Ultimately i'd like Nisbett to be replaced. So chopping and changing our football operations manager every few years is a little counter productive in that regard.

Last edited:
Good. We need a clean deck, including moving Nisbett along. It's time. Cransberg can talk all he wants, but until this happens it all just air.

I don't enough about how it all works but I do believe I read/heard somewhere that Vozzo was largely responsible for pitching to Mitch Brown when he was halfway out to the door to St Kilda.

Happy. Unless he wasn't actually responsible for delisting Dalziell, in which case Unhappy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't too impressed with what he we achieved last off-season (felt deals could have been slightly better). If he stays, I want him to be more ruthless.
Dude, man, dude.....last offseason is the most active we have been in a while....are you forgetting the acquisitions of Ellis & Yeo?

I wasn't too impressed with what he we achieved last off-season (felt deals could have been slightly better). If he stays, I want him to be more ruthless.
I thought what the club achieved during the off season was a stroke of genius to be honest. Yeo was basicly free! Ellis was free, got the target man in Sheed. Late draft picks meh.

Dude, man, dude.....last offseason is the most active we have been in a while....are you forgetting the acquisitions of Ellis & Yeo?

Unless I'm mistaken, and Vozzo doesn't do the negotiation, I thought it was poor.

28 instead of 31 - cost us Taylor.

Giving Collingwood 44 for 49 - meant we lost our mid third round compo pick to GC to get back up into the low 40s.

Getting players to come is separate to getting the best deal once they decide. It was great to get Yeo and also Ellis, ill agree with that.

Unless I'm mistaken, and Vozzo doesn't do the negotiation, I thought it was poor.
28 instead of 31 - cost us Taylor.
Giving Collingwood 44 for 49 - meant we lost our mid third round compo pick to GC to get back up into the low 40s.
Getting players to come is separate to getting the best deal once they decide. It was great to get Yeo and also Ellis, ill agree with that.

Not saying it couldnt have been better, but if you compare to, say, the previous 5 trade periods, where do you rate it?

I thought they did well getting Yeo, Ellis & Sheed (reckon he'll come good)

And I was 'all in all' happier this time compared to last year - giving up our 1st rounded for Wellingham.

Ellis was all about Simmo, wasn't he. Nothing to do with Vozzo. Wit Yeo, he wanted to be here, we ended up trading 28 instead of 31, not sure where the pus is there in Vozzo's favour...

Not saying it couldnt have been better, but if you compare to, say, the previous 5 trade periods, where do you rate it?

I thought they did well getting Yeo, Ellis & Sheed (reckon he'll come good)

And I was 'all in all' happier this time compared to last year - giving up our 1st rounded for Wellingham.

Hard to know how much Vozzo did for each.

I liked the recruitment. I didn't like the negotiations.

Overall it was pretty good, should have been better.

who would we replace him with ?Trevor Woodhouse? Mick Moylan? anybody other names we could throw up?
What?

You nuts?

Nizzy is all the club needs. The more responsibility we can throw at him the better. Id make Nizzy chief recruiter, MDP, head coach, midfield coach, etc. Doinf a great job.

done,nizzy it is then...all he needs to do is give himself the tick of approval ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back