VRC Oaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been in for the last two races, and picked first/second both times :p Not game enough to throw more money on it just yet though, hahaha!

Got the winners in Race 3, 5 and the Crown Oaks. Quinella in race 6 at 333% (times 2). Decent day. Missing a few trifectas though

**** yeah, good effort!

Makes up for Tuesday lol! Although did have $50 ew on the winner of the cup (well that was a saver)...McEvoy cost me a lot on LV!

Started the day with a 3rd

then a 2nd, then a 1st

followed by another 2nd

then didnt get close, bombed out last leg of quaddie

bleh, might avoid the midweek races next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crafty safest bet for me because I'm positive she will run the trip, can't say that about a lot of others unless its a walkathon.

Thunder Lady and Set Square my second and third picks for similar reasons but I'll only be backing Crafty.

I loved the part where I mentioned three horses and the two I don't back run 1 and 2 the most

Can't argue that point but going over heals from the 550m to 150m I wouldn't say she can't stay definitively. Also pulled up lame in both fores was decent run I thought don't let margin fool you she eased up with terrible action towards the end.

To a degree, but honestly I thought it was buggered after 2000m, pulling up lame is a fair excuse I'll grant that though. Probably is a 2000-2200m horse in my view at least. Like a lot of these horses they are absolute lotteries as to whether they will get the 2500m trip. The winner looks a future MC contender (I never say winner), just looked to be doing it comfortably. I'm surprised it eased in the market, was amazed I got $8.50 for the win in the end.

Gotta wonder about the Oaks winner. Debut at Donald 4 starts ago in a 1300m maiden - 3rd out of 6 runners and started at 9-1.

Bookies will be counting their cash after the last 2 days.

I'm going to forget today happened.

memoryeraser.png

U would think Saturday at least 1 fave would win... wouldnt u?

Yes...or you can look to the value OR where the money flies. Oaks Day was weird, although the few that I tipped, I did for good reasons. To be fair only 1-2 'donkeys' as I call them won yesterday. Favourites in big fields are always prone to upsets, especially when there are distance questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back