Review vs Bulldogs (5th best comeback by margin for any club, and equal best for StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

That was something special. The heart, the passion, the defiance. Rather than folding up meekly the boys did us proud today. Probably helps that we had two more great leaders out there (have to say more because Armitage and others have been trying their guts out) but today's win was from the kids to the vets.

Go the Jack Brigade!

What a great game! Couldn't make the game unfortunately and missed the first half but the second half was something to watch! Best win for a couple years!

Our talls look pretty special, Hickey Longer Bruce McCartin Goddard!!

Posted this in the other thread

Schneider was fantastic all day.

Billings is a fantastic player, unsure why we had doubts.

Hickeys last quarter was sensational.

Roberton was great all night. He's having a great season.

Sinclair's third quarter was sensational.

Bruce forward pressure and competing all night was fantastic.

DANIEL MCKENZIE TAKE A BOW. Made 2 blues early and didn't let it get him down and he was fantastic for the rest of the game. He's quick!

David Armitage is seriously a man possessed he was running harder than anyone in the last quarter. He made that big tackle on Bonts. He was the one exploding from the clearances.

Jack Steven just ran and ran and ran all day. Jesus he's a good player. Turns it over at times however he just breaks the lines.

Riewoldt worked into it. He did some nice things.

And our back six, unbelievable effort all night especially in the first half when we were getting flogged.

I'm so ******* proud of them. They were sensational. This list is going places

Armo 45@75% 5 tackles 5 i50's 3 r50's 8 clearences 1 goal 10 s.involv.
Billings 22@ 77% 4.2 goals 2 assists 13 s.involv. 7 marks 4 tackles 7 i50's 2 r50's
Steven 32@65% 2 assists 9 s.involv.11 mark 5 tackles 3 clearances 7 i50's 3 r50's
Schneider 22@95% 1 goal 8 marks 2 clearences 7 i50's 2 r50's 1 tackle
Monty a quiet 27@77%
Fisher 26@69% 13 marks

great result for the boys, so ******* proud right now, so nice to see them recover from and s**t start and not falter, think enough players showed enough promise today. Good stuff from the coach to make the Roo move which WAS the difference in out fwd line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best wins I've ever seen having supported for 33 years, as simple as that. Armo was an absolute warrior out there, an absolutely ridiculous game from him. Is a genuine star. Billings, wow, what a classy player he is and will become. Rose to the occassion. Just such a gutsy performance all round. So proud of them.

Great win boys. Tail between the legs and the karma bus got me hard this week for my banter.

Your boys saw their chance and they took it.

Billings just awesome. Bruce not going anywhere, will be a force for a long time. Armo likely for AA right now.

Why are people being nasty to Bontempelli?

He's a great talent.

I'm all for comparing the two but let's appreciate Jack rather than calling Bonts a "s**t flog"...

I'm so so excited about what some of these players can develop into. DMac was seriously fantastic.
Banter mate.

Dogs fan have said worse about Billings.

First half was bloody average but it was all due to the dogs pressure. They missed a lot of easy shots which kept us in the game, but no side will be able to sustain that level of pressure for four quarters.

So the first quarter was a positive almost in how we were still close.

Second was extremely forgettable and we wasted the few chances we had.

Armo - lock him in for B&F now.

Billings - wow. Turned the game.

Stringer - fired the boys up at half time. Thanks mate! Hope you enjoy watching that back in the review on Monday.

Hickey stood up, Mckenzie looks a player. It's his second game and he was comfortable taking the game on, very exciting signs.

First half highlighted our need for pace around the ground but that second half showed that we sure aren't needing for heart. What a gutsy effort to get up.

Why are people being nasty to Bontempelli?

He's a great talent.

I'm all for comparing the two but let's appreciate Jack rather than calling Bonts a "s**t flog"...

I'm so so excited about what some of these players can develop into. DMac was seriously fantastic.
Yeah i find it a bitt embarrassing saying " our kid did better than your kid"
They are both very exciting young players. Just be glad ours came out on top today.
Imagine Jack & Bont in the same side :eek::eek::eek:
Dmac showed he is gonna be a great pick up
:thumbsu:

Pardon the intrusion, just wanted to say congrats.
To come back from 50+ with the youngsters leading the way must be freaking exciting.
Would have been so easy to play 10% off this week after last week where every non-Bomber fan in the country was willing you over the line.
As my departed dad and mad saints fan used to say, you lot must be 'tickled pink'.

Just so many positives out of today I don't think we need to call out another teams really really talented midfielder who we ranked as their most dangerous mid, as we sent Weller to him.

Gearys job on Dahlhaus as well was really strong. Dahlhaus has been in great form.

He's probably got the B&F sown up, but any chance Armo challenges for a brownlow?
Averaging 34 disposals (2nd in the AFL - Lewis* first)

We can at least officially call him an A-grader now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back