Review vs Bulldogs (5th best comeback by margin for any club, and equal best for StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm watching the 2nd half for the 4th time. Serious question: does Sinclair EVER fumble or miss a target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was out for a duck in the preseason cricket match so the answer would have to be a resounding yes.

Let's not turn this into a thread bagging Bontempelli, he's a freak talent and has only played 20 odd games, will be a star.

I don't think anyone is bagging him are they? He will be a gun but with hype comes expectation. He is a bit like Cyril Rioli where sometimes he makes the stuff he does look good and is very easy to notice so gets more attention from fans. There are other good players from his year but he is the one taking a lot of attention. I personally would rather our players not get it.

been thinking about it a while, think the weekends game could be one of those very important steps for newnes

wasnt up to his best but i noticed he feels more comfortable now to the point he was taking more time with the footy and was taking opponents on rather than taking the safer option. got caught but still could dispose of it. going to be a matter of time before he doesnt get caught and starts to seriously break some lines
Newnesy needs to take the first damn option!

He got caught a number of times after hesitating & looking to find a better target.

He's had a slow start to the season but his toughness & ability to run out games is highly valued.

I'm watching the 2nd half for the 4th time. Serious question: does Sinclair EVER fumble or miss a target?

I think hes great and does things very well... thought the same of templeton last year... he just hits targets didnt fumble. Lets hope he cracks the team again soon.

Alan Richardson on Talking Footy said that Jack Billings covered 16km on the weekend, as much as Jack Steven!
Sounded really impressed with JB's numbers but said 16km's and as much high end running as JS ie: sprints

I think all you Saints fans should chip in to buy a donkey to tie to the electricity pole outside David King's house.
I was at Waverley in '99 when we were 63 up v the Hawks and lost. Finally, that's made up for it. Inspiring saints, inspiring. Seeing that today makes me realize how much I love this club. My son was born and signed up this week, got his membership card yesterday. You ****** ripper!!!!

Agghhh!!!!!!! dont remind me of that day. I was there too. But yes - it has made up for it. I actually feel for the dogs supporters because I was gutted that day. Still am.

Just goes to show how close we've been to being competitive. Joey and Reiwoldt replace our worst two players and BAZINGA.
We still potentially have Farren Ray and Sam Gilbert, they are both better than our current two worst , who arent that bad.

?

How are Membrey and Acres our two worst players...?

Is that what you are saying?

Can't see Ray fitting into our 22 ever again. He will get junk time games when the season is done and the young blokes are too tired.

Gilbo yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newnesy needs to take the first damn option!
He got caught a number of times after hesitating & looking to find a better target.

He's had a slow start to the season but his toughness & ability to run out games is highly valued.

He's got all the assets to become a very good player for us. I agree with you, his decision making is poor at times and he needs to be smarter about his footy. I think he tries to be too smart though, which makes him look dumb at times. It will all come together, Newnesy will be a gun for us.

Maybe because of his antics/diving in the 2009 pre lim. Other then that I respect him for what's he's gone through and he a a gun player

Really Einstein. You know nothing. I have spoken at length to the umpires from that game and also several players. Your pack of spineless wimps took Roo out off the ball the entire first half. Real tough. the umps told your blokes that if they took him out one more time then they would pay a free kick. guess what numbnuts - they did it again at the start of the third quarter and Roo got a kick and the rest is history. #bridesmaidsforever. P!$$ off you sore loser.

How bout when everyone else is feeling the heat and can't get rid of the ball quick enough Newnes has the confidence to sell a bit of foot candy! Unfortunately there mustn't have been anything up the field for him to go to but hopefully a few of our other young guys will have that sort of confidence once they get to 50 games.

With Lenny gone we do need a new candy man, it's very important.

Was watching again today myself. Pay special attention to Sinkers tackling. For a small bloke who still looks like he goes to primary school he is an absolute relentless and vicious animal when he tackles. Faresinkum oppo players will know when they've been Sinkered and afl may need to bring in a toilet bin right next to the blood bin. Some will need both.

How bout when everyone else is feeling the heat and can't get rid of the ball quick enough Newnes has the confidence to sell a bit of foot candy! Unfortunately there mustn't have been anything up the field for him to go to but hopefully a few of our other young guys will have that sort of confidence once they get to 50 games.

With Lenny gone we do need a new candy man, it's very important.
No a couple of times he had a clear option & looked for someone else & got caught. No disgrace in that due to the pressure that the Bullfrogs (as my daughter calls them!) were applying.

Footy candy is fine but JN can occasionally try to emulate Dal in traffic & bite off more than he can chew

Really Einstein. You know nothing. I have spoken at length to the umpires from that game and also several players. Your pack of spineless wimps took Roo out off the ball the entire first half. Real tough. the umps told your blokes that if they took him out one more time then they would pay a free kick. guess what numbnuts - they did it again at the start of the third quarter and Roo got a kick and the rest is history. #bridesmaidsforever. P!$$ off you sore loser.
Great to see you back mate!

My wife didn't let me take the little bloke to the game on the weekend. "gotta prepare for mother's day ...blah blah blah....." At half time I kicked in the telly and had to watch it at the neighbours. Gonna have to find a replacement.

Replacement wife that is. The neighbour has a bigger telly. :p

anyone able to provide a Triple M commentary link to the game....

would love to hear the last quarter with those blokes

Been trying to find it myself, was listening to the pre-game and Spud on his Triple M duties has an all access pass to the coaches box during the game so it would have been great to get that bit of insight into the game as well.

Been trying to find it myself, was listening to the pre-game and Spud on his Triple M duties has an all access pass to the coaches box during the game so it would have been great to get that bit of insight into the game as well.

I listened to the last 10 minutes straight after I played on the weekend. Was exciting stuff.

I was wondering what Richo meant when he said Spud was coming in swapping the magnets around in he 2nd half in the post match interview.

surely there is a way - how does someone make those youtube videos with the triple m commentary

?

How are Membrey and Acres our two worst players...?

Is that what you are saying?

Can't see Ray fitting into our 22 ever again. He will get junk time games when the season is done and the young blokes are too tired.

Gilbo yes.

I think Ray is in the best 22 and is a few years younger than Joey and Roo, Schnieder, Fisher etc from memory. He probably had his most consistent season last year and was going a lot better than Joey. It is pretty rare to have a full list to chose from and won't last. The reinvigoration from the competitiveness should inspire a few older guys to lift even higher. I probably expect a bit of a drop off from some guys like lonie and Sinclair etc at some point and then it will be up to guys like Farren to step up to the plate. I see Farren like Powell and Peckett who might not be A grade but are great contributors to the cause while kids get better and better honing their skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back