Review vs Bulldogs (5th best comeback by margin for any club, and equal best for StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't been on for a while guys, been tied up over in the SuperCoach chats. Great win last week, exciting times ahead!

Watching the replay, keeping Schneids was always the right move and again he was prolific. Very valuable and clearly best 22, but more important was the message it sent to our young players - you will never be penalised for taking the game on. It showed, too, with Billings demanding the ball every time he could and JB not really caring about his other misses.

Just watching the game for the first time:

1st half
- disposal was lazy, which in turn makes it terrible. I can cop errors when under pressure, but some when players were in open play were just lazy
- commentators stuffing up player names driving me insane
- to be honest, it looked like the Bulldogs just played with more fire in the belly in this half & we weren't switched on enough
- suck s**t Koby Stevens: tried to block Seany off the pack & copped a massive corked ass as a result - karma bus arrives with vengeance

Could add more but trying to get through the game before 10pm, so back to watching the best part - 2nd half, here I come! :)

2nd half:
- coach mixed things up a bit: Roo to the wing, Weller to Murphy :thumbsu:
- hunger for the ball & taking pride in actually hitting a target was excellent
- Billings unlucky not to finish with 6
- Koby Stevens limping around... Hilarious... Will definitely think twice before blocking someone off a pack again
- the 1st & 2nd year kids have consistently better disposal than some of our older brigade... Bodes well for years ahead
- seriously, Dan McKenzie went from 'deer in headlights' debutant to 75 game veteran in 1 week... He was very very good
- Josh Bruce could have ended up with at least 3 goals... Some easy misses, missed marks, but deserved at least a couple of free kicks for blokes using his head & shoulders as leverage to get a spoil in - free kick everyday!
- Umpiring was pretty decent throughout the game I thought... Wow!
- loved the spirit & fight of the boys... Don't really won't to ever be 55 points down just after half time again, but at least we know we can fight our way back into it if we knuckle down & play for each other & the jumper!

:)

Brucey is a weapon already, steal. Already he's a marking threat who makes our smalls 10 times more effective and he has kicked bags, one against one of the best defenders in the comp in Hooker. Would like to see him win more of it up the ground, if possible.

Brucey is a weapon already, steal. Already he's a marking threat who makes our smalls 10 times more effective and he has kicked bags, one against one of the best defenders in the comp in Hooker. Would like to see him win more of it up the ground, if possible.

I think he could easily do that, as well. His contested work is pretty impressive, and he has pace and endurance. When we weren't playing him so deep he was taking some great marks on the wing and providing some run as well. All he talks about is how important workrate is, and everyone says he works incredibly hard in the preseason so he's very professional about it, and I think he could end up being an even bigger weapon than he already is. I'm just happy he's out of the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 2nd favourite St Kilda game that I've seen, after the drawn Granny of course.

How can the drawn Grand Final be your favourite game mate?? Couldn't pay me to watch that again.

Round 14 2009 ftw

I could see it being a favourite. Only the second GF we didn't lose and when Goddard took that mark i think we all felt as close as we ever have to that flag.

Still i won't watch knowing what happened after that.

I could see it being a favourite. Only the second GF we didn't lose and when Goddard took that mark i think we all felt as close as we ever have to that flag.

Still i won't watch knowing what happened after that.
The Goddard mark kills me because, as you said, it felt close. But I know how it ends so I just wanna cry when I see it. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Now that Melbourne smacked the doggies does our come back count for anything? Ba ha ha

Wonder what their fans are saying? Boyd N Bonts (In all seriousness I rate these kids they just need a few more years)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back