Game Day Vs Gold Coast at Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

F%^^ getting a better position on the draft. We aren't melbourne or carlton. Geelong/hawthorn have managed to stay afloat with little drafting power.

We needed a good end to the season and I am glad we won convincingly. Good to have that momentum swing through to next year. Bring on 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm happy we put in a good performance today.

personally don't give a s**t about losing 2-3 draft places, especially not at the expense of club culture. i mean, if we take that attitude why even bother to win games to begin with? no one wins a premiership from below 4th, so anything less is just blowing draft position :drunk:

people place too much value on draft position. sure lower numbered picks give you a bigger pool to choose from but it's hardly a guaranteed thing.

F%^^ getting a better position on the draft. We aren't melbourne or carlton. Geelong/hawthorn have managed to stay afloat with little drafting power.

We needed a good end to the season and I am glad we won convincingly. Good to have that momentum swing through to next year. Bring on 2015.
Yep. From 1990 to 2007 we played in 16 finals series out of 18. Didnt tank once. Not sure why we need to start now. People forget we are a fairly young list too not a team of veterans coming to an end.

Can't believe people in here are talking about mediocrity and then in the same breath saying we shouldve tanked for picks.
I didn't want them to tank. Just didnt want them to win. If you can have it both ways. Would have been better if we finished our season against hawks and a probable loss if that makes sense.

Why do people say stupid s**t like this? We aren't Geelong or Hawthorn. We aren't coming from the same position. We aren't coming off winning a premiership. We don't have the core nucleus of the same team that won said premierships. It's easier to stay afloat when you're coming from such a fantastic position like those two teams.

Whether one agrees with wanting a lower pick or not, it doesn't make points like yours any less ridiculous and inane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back