WA Cricket back from dead?

Remove this Banner Ad

WIZARD24

Senior List
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
impressive results of late are we seeing a return to top end of state cricket for this group? Langer seems to be doing the job so many have failed at in recent years opinions?

They have a long way to go obviously, but it is positive to see some good results, and no doubt Langer has been at the forefront of this.

They have a good young group, which, if they develop the way they should, should see WA a real shot at some silverware, and maybe even some new wa blood in the Aus team. There may be some inconsistent results in the meantime, though.

There's a lot of talent coming through WA right now, especially bowling wise. M Marsh, Agar, Turner, Behrendorff, Paris and NCN have all shown signs of becoming good bowlers/allrounders. Considering Marsh and Turner are considered Batting allrounders they have another gap to fill in the bottom 4

Shaun Marsh scores runs, WA decent.

Shaun Marsh hits the piss, WA s**t.

Seems about where WA have been recently. Once Hussey starts cranking the runs out they will be more consistent.

There's a lot of talent coming through WA right now, especially bowling wise. M Marsh, Agar, Turner, Behrendorff, Paris and NCN have all shown signs of becoming good bowlers/allrounders. Considering Marsh and Turner are considered Batting allrounders they have another gap to fill in the bottom 4

Batting is still shithouse.

Sounds like the brown nosed gnome has managed to get S.Marsh into form so i guess thats something. We'll see how it goes long term though.

They did this the last two seasons. Started out poorly, then had a good T20 series and got some confidence back, started playing reasonable cricket again in the longer forms of the game. But missed out on the finals because of their poor start.

Batting is still shithouse.

Sounds like the brown nosed gnome has managed to get S.Marsh into form so i guess thats something. We'll see how it goes long term though.
I like the look of Whiteman with both the stick and the gloves. I also like Davis and Harris with the stick but they need to start converting their starts into big scores

They did this the last two seasons. Started out poorly, then had a good T20 series and got some confidence back, started playing reasonable cricket again in the longer forms of the game. But missed out on the finals because of their poor start.

Must be the time difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the story with Ryan Duffield? Looked pretty ungainly but had a blockbuster start to his shield career, swung the ball a long way, got injured and hasn't been sighted since...

I am of the firm belief that we will win a Shield final in the next 3 seasons
possible. I think whoever gets their batting right will take a season apart, all the attacks are v. good

I think we'll win this year :)
With cameo season from Voges, hopefully M Hussey stays on next year, and Shaun Marsh and Davis, there's your experience. Coulter-Nile and Mitch Marsh step up and produce consistent top tier results. Then there's the kids - Agar, Paris, Whiteman...could be anything. Plus Bosisto & Turner, the quality from the youth programs are starting to show through. Ironic that grade cricket has been a debacle yet the resurrection could come from the U19 program...

Tom Beaton? The bloke still has a contract, despite showing quite little when he has had a chance, disappeared off the face of the earth

Tom Beaton? The bloke still has a contract, despite showing quite little when he has had a chance, disappeared off the face of the earth

Found out as a bit of a slogger I reckon. Has made some runs in the Futures League and still has a future in domestic cricket IMO. Middle order spots will be hard to come by with Hussey coming in though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back