WAAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the 2 promoted teams from B grade going strong (Wesley curtin look to have recruited very well) , while north freo not finding B grade as easy as they thought it might be. My tip would be Kalamunda to take the flag with West coast Cowan taking 2nd spot.
Looking across the board looks like the c grades are all quite competitive while the E-grades are looking pretty one sided with 1 or 2 teams dominating their respective grades.

Good to see the 2 promoted teams from B grade going strong (Wesley curtin look to have recruited very well) , while north freo not finding B grade as easy as they thought it might be. My tip would be Kalamunda to take the flag with West coast Cowan taking 2nd spot.
Looking across the board looks like the c grades are all quite competitive while the E-grades are looking pretty one sided with 1 or 2 teams dominating their respective grades.
I play up at Kalamunda, League is certainly going strong, they've identified West Coast Cowan as their biggest threat. They haven't played yet and don't for a couple more week, but it should be a good indicator.

D1 is a struggle for the thirds and fourths of B Grade clubs, since the league were merged and they're now playing A Grade thirds and fourths. Goes to show the strength of clubs like University, Wesley Curtin, Mt Lawley etc. that they're third and fourth teams are so strong.

I play up at Kalamunda, League is certainly going strong, they've identified West Coast Cowan as their biggest threat. They haven't played yet and don't for a couple more week, but it should be a good indicator.

D1 is a struggle for the thirds and fourths of B Grade clubs, since the league were merged and they're now playing A Grade thirds and fourths. Goes to show the strength of clubs like University, Wesley Curtin, Mt Lawley etc. that they're third and fourth teams are so strong.

Whatever has happened in the off season at kala has worked wonders, you guys were definitely strong last year but have taken another huge step up. The game against the West coast guys should be an absolute belter and will give a real indication of where this season is going.

Pretty disappointing to see a couple of b/c1 clubs send their 3rds and 4ths down to the lower e grades instead of remaining in d2 putting alot of pressure on those forced up into d1.

Speaking on my own experiences I played a couple of games for a c-grade clubs 3rds in e1 last year when I wasnt playing in the 2's and there's nothing fun about lining up against some of the stronger 1 team clubs (Swan view, Rossmoyne, wooraloo prison) and getting belted by 100+ points.

Whatever has happened in the off season at kala has worked wonders, you guys were definitely strong last year but have taken another huge step up. The game against the West coast guys should be an absolute belter and will give a real indication of where this season is going.

Pretty disappointing to see a couple of b/c1 clubs send their 3rds and 4ths down to the lower e grades instead of remaining in d2 putting alot of pressure on those forced up into d1.
There wasn't really a massive change in the league team this season, a couple of players back from injury and the addition of van Groenegin really.

Yeah, it really has put pressure on the lower grades of Kalamunda, Scarborough and Wesley Curtin. Within D1 at the moment there is a clear difference in quality between the top 4 and the rest of the comp, and I think it needs to be looked at.

How are Wesley-Curtin going this year? Played there last season before moving to Melbs. Colts were going okay, never really hung around for league.

How are Wesley-Curtin going this year? Played there last season before moving to Melbs. Colts were going okay, never really hung around for league.
League are dominating a-grade at the moment playing some really good footy.
Be interesting to see if they can keep it up, but a great start to the season nonetheless

1 6 6 0 0 0 0 638 338 188.76 24
2 6 5 1 0 0 0 501 306 163.73 20
3 6 4 2 0 0 0 512 358 143.02 16
4 6 3 3 0 0 0 528 487 108.42 12
5 6 3 3 0 0 0 443 443 100.00 12
6 6 3 3 0 0 0 415 563 73.71 12
7 6 2 3 1 0 0 430 501 85.83 10
8 6 1 4 1 0 0 392 507 77.32 6
9 6 1 5 0 0 0 395 496 79.64 4
10 6 1 5 0 0 0 312 567 55.03 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played at Canning Tigers when I first moved up to Perth three years ago. Got a massive bump first 5 mins of the first game and broke my collarbone and three ribs. Played the next two quarters because the trainer (a trainee at the time) said it was nothing and the pain would go away. My mate who also moved up to Perth at the same time broke his leg in the next game. Shame we had to move up to the north of Perth as its a bit far to travel atm. Great club.

How was the game? Looks like a team have finally got close to kala but they still held strong
I haven't had a chance to find out yet, I was away at bullcreek-leeming and couldn't make it to the club last night. I'll know on Tuesday though. Agree that it liked like a cracking game based on the results!

I haven't had a chance to find out yet, I was away at bullcreek-leeming and couldn't make it to the club last night. I'll know on Tuesday though. Agree that it liked like a cracking game based on the results!
Yeah sounds like it, looks like your league side can still hold strong even when challenged.
Well done on getting up over Bullcreek in the 3's and 4's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back