WACA Wallys

Remove this Banner Ad

Or they could just get some shade clothes at the WACA instead of selling the place.

Only reason to sell would be to get operation rights over the new Burswood stadium for half the year.

Even then having the WACA makes perfect sense for shield matches/womens cricket etc

Never going to happen. Cricket doesn't have a good enough hand to negotiate that kind of deal.

18,207 there yesterday. Tad down on Monday but about 3k up from the Boxing Day game last year. From what I saw while I was there was that the peasants side was significantly fuller, as full as I've seen it, while the members side was a lot emptier than Monday.

The 'peasants' joke isn't funny.

Especially considering every WACA Member I know is nothing more than cripplingly middle class...

Do they still make them wear collared shirts and pleated trousers?

A mate that was a member told me about the dress regulations after going on a 40 degree day and not being able to get a seat in the shade. You can only laugh at the poncy twats that run those clubs.

A mate that was a member told me about the dress regulations after going on a 40 degree day and not being able to get a seat in the shade. You can only laugh at the poncy twats that run those clubs.
The ultimate irony, of course, is that WACA/MCC Members tend to be nothing more than middle class bogans in tidier haircuts. It's not like everyone's second cousins with a former Duke.

Collared shirt yes but you can wear shorts. Pretty much the only dress standard I've seen them enforce is collared shirts and no thongs.

collared shirt and shorts.

18,809 tonight. Again capacity on the commoners side (is that better?), while members were a little down.

Last edited:
Maybe it is better - if I can call the members nothing more than bogans in toffs clothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19,591 for tonights game. For a 4.10 start on a Thursday that really is an amazing total. Last year only the BB Final and first two days of the Ashes test beat that figure.

12,508 today. 7653 for the neutral game on Friday but that was to be expected. Far cry from the 19,289 that were at the Scorchers semi last weekend. All Scorchers game were above 18k, while all 4 ODIs were under 13k, two under 10k. Pretty clear the direction cricket is going.

12,508 today. 7653 for the neutral game on Friday but that was to be expected. Far cry from the 19,289 that were at the Scorchers semi last weekend. All Scorchers game were above 18k, while all 4 ODIs were under 13k, two under 10k. Pretty clear the direction cricket is going.

Are members attendance numbers available your grace?

Are members attendance numbers available your grace?

The WACA doesn't differentiate between members and non-members when releasing crowd figures. As someone who is a member though, from what I saw personally, members attendance were pretty much the same across the Big Bash and the two weekend ODIs. Where the crowds took a hit was no doubt on the non-members side. Like on Sunday there were quite a few gaps in the Inverarity Stand, the temporary seating were barely occupied and there was more grass than people on the east grass bank.

The WACA doesn't differentiate between members and non-members when releasing crowd figures. As someone who is a member though, from what I saw personally, members attendance were pretty much the same across the Big Bash and the two weekend ODIs. Where the crowds took a hit was no doubt on the non-members side. Like on Sunday there were quite a few gaps in the Inverarity Stand, the temporary seating were barely occupied and there was more grass than people on the east grass bank.

cheers, just musing over what the new stadium manager would need offer the WACA to get them to move a fixture & what sort of crowd of non members that might be.

cheers, just musing over what the new stadium manager would need offer the WACA to get them to move a fixture & what sort of crowd of non members that might be.

• Although commercial terms have not yet been clarified to enable an agreement to be reached on staging cricket at the new Perth Stadium, CEO Christina Matthews reaffirmed to Members that ongoing discussions with Government were aiming to secure accommodation for 10,000 members and their guests in the new Perth Stadium with appropriate dining room and bar facilities, seating and other amenities similar to the MCG. She also advised that the seating would be behind the bowler’s arm. And, a key part of this is that membership would be for the Association and not just the ground so that it would be fully transferable.
That was in an email a few months ago.

• Although commercial terms have not yet been clarified to enable an agreement to be reached on staging cricket at the new Perth Stadium, CEO Christina Matthews reaffirmed to Members that ongoing discussions with Government were aiming to secure accommodation for 10,000 members and their guests in the new Perth Stadium with appropriate dining room and bar facilities, seating and other amenities similar to the MCG. She also advised that the seating would be behind the bowler’s arm. And, a key part of this is that membership would be for the Association and not just the ground so that it would be fully transferable.
That was in an email a few months ago.

Rights for members to cricket only? Fully transferable, cricket only?

I've got absolutely no problem with that, I don't want stadium memberships. The organisation hiring the ground should have control over the best seats in the house. I don't mind a certain allocation of general admission "cheap" seats being reserved for the casual fans, but the good seats should be for the hirer to allocate as they see fit. If that means their members get the best seats then it's an incentive to become a member, which rewards the club or association financially. We shouldn't have stadium memberships competing with that and taking away revenue from the hiring organisation.

$$$$ of tickets

The WACA is a shambolic organisation, the only good part about the ground is inside the fence, the outfield and wicket make for very good cricket. Outside the fence it's facilities are the worst of any ground in Australia... including Paterson's Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back