2nds WAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

He has signed a three year deal with East Perth. Not expected to start full training until mid year.

Do you know if there is a preseason game schedule for East Perth?
From their website
Saturday, March 5
2:15pm – South Fremantle v East Perth (Fremantle Oval)

Saturday, March 12
2:15pm – East Fremantle v East Perth (ATOM Stadium)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a few Eagles playing this weekend (see post above) for the Royals.

I will probably head to East Freo oval next weekend for a look, having just moved in near the stadium (serious enemy territory).

Wonder who will play? You'd think everyone who misses out v Gold Coast who is no chance for the Eagles for round 1 should play both games.

Should be a few Eagles playing this weekend (see post above) for the Royals.

I will probably head to East Freo oval next weekend for a look, having just moved in near the stadium (serious enemy territory).

Wonder who will play? You'd think everyone who misses out v Gold Coast who is no chance for the Eagles for round 1 should play both games.

Id like to know if Adamson is getting a run for EP in this weekends game..

Lucas was pretty good in the middle. Allen was a good target in the last quarter. Some rookies playing their first senior game will join Tom Lamb in his weekly "just because you're an AFL player playing reserves doesn't mean you can ignore team plans and structure" meeting with Adam Simpson.

Tom Lamb may have been reported for striking in a behind the play incident in the last quarter.

Interestingly McInness played one quarter after he played on Thursday night. It was the only interest in the game. Low intesity, soft hitout.

Lucas was pretty good in the middle. Allen was a good target in the last quarter. Some rookies playing their first senior game will join Tom Lamb in his weekly "just because you're an AFL player playing reserves doesn't mean you can ignore team plans and structure" meeting with Adam Simpson.

Tom Lamb may have been reported for striking in a behind the play incident in the last quarter.

Interestingly McInness played one quarter after he played on Thursday night. It was the only interest in the game. Low intesity, soft hitout.

Did Adamson play mate? :)

Went down to the Colts at ATOM yesterday. Waterman didn't play colts, he either played second half of the reserves or league. Looks to have baulked a little.

Petrovski Seton wasn't sited by me, probably played league. Jacob Sideris probably played reserves, he's one to watch in spite of his pocket watch size.

Didn't hang around to watch either of those games. In the Colts East Fremantle got up rather easily but both teams had players out and both could take a lot from the contest. I think at full strength Claremont would have the edge but I'm not as sure now.

In terms of players to watch. Luke Stranadica was imposing up forward as usual. Could go quite high if he has a good champs, as he's a big tall forward that moves well and uses the ball well.

A player I've seen little of last year was Nicholas Bonomelli. He however dominated yesterday, superbly athletic at around 193cm or so. He has a lot of Bontempelli about his body shape, not just his name. Jumps high, leads well and kicked goals from every angle. Could be a bolter.

Tyler Sorrell little ginger nut who kicked a few brilliant goals. Got to the right spots and was good in gritty situations, kicked a superb grubber goal from the pocket in the last.

Jordan Battel wasn't super efficient. But tenacious at stoppages in a game that lacked genuine brilliance at stoppages, prevented a stronger Claremont side from rolling East Perth in the second half.

Keanu Shandley played the first half was excellent, wiry indigenous kid who stands around 182cm tall. Was very good in congestion and had Claremont's best clearances in the first.

Caiden Curtin exciting but frustrating talent, genuine line breaker. Should get drafted if he lifts his production.

Tyson England stood out for me. Looks like a 1999 boy but bursts clean from congestion on multiple occasions in his second half display. One was a goal only he would have kicked.

Some of Claremont's other talents where a little bit of a let down. Goddard was poor with his marking letting him down especially. Bailey Banfield more so.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did Adamson play mate? :)
Yes he did mate. Slimmed down alot and played more midfield than last year. Wasn't the worst of the Eagles players but as I said the game had less intesity than a training session.

Went down to the Colts at ATOM yesterday. Waterman didn't play colts, he either played second half of the reserves or league. Looks to have baulked a little.

Petrovski Seton wasn't sited by me, probably played league. Jacob Sideris probably played reserves, he's one to watch in spite of his pocket watch size.

Didn't hang around to watch either of those games. In the Colts East Fremantle got up rather easily but both teams had players out and both could take a lot from the contest. I think at full strength Claremont would have the edge but I'm not as sure now.

In terms of players to watch. Luke Stranadica was imposing up forward as usual. Could go quite high if he has a good champs, as he's a big tall forward that moves well and uses the ball well.

A player I've seen little of last year was Nicholas Bonomelli. He however dominated yesterday, superbly athletic at around 193cm or so. He has a lot of Bontempelli about his body shape, not just his name. Jumps high, leads well and kicked goals from every angle. Could be a bolter.

Tyler Sorrell little ginger nut who kicked a few brilliant goals. Got to the right spots and was good in gritty situations, kicked a superb grubber goal from the pocket in the last.

Jordan Battel wasn't super efficient. But tenacious at stoppages in a game that lacked genuine brilliance at stoppages, prevented a stronger Claremont side from rolling East Perth in the second half.

Keanu Shandley played the first half was excellent, wiry indigenous kid who stands around 182cm tall. Was very good in congestion and had Claremont's best clearances in the first.

Caiden Curtin exciting but frustrating talent, genuine line breaker. Should get drafted if he lifts his production.

Tyson England stood out for me. Looks like a 1999 boy but bursts clean from congestion on multiple occasions in his second had display. One was a goal only he would have kicked.

Some of Claremont's other talents where a little bit of a let down. Goddard was poor, Bailey Banfield more so.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Interesting comments there, appreciated big time. I will keep my eye open for news on these kids as the season rolls on.

Interesting comments there, appreciated big time. I will keep my eye open for news on these kids as the season rolls on.

No problems. Some other guys that i noticed, some not worthy of special mention but where solid none the less.

Cameron Zurhaar, big medium defender. Lots to like about his defensive work and rebounding, had a great don't argue where he leveled a smaller opponent with one clean hand in the chest.

Sam Lewis, Liam Minervini from East Fremantle and Lachlan Tweedie and Bailey Bennett from Clarmont showed a some ability when they had the ball.

Shandley and Bonomelli sound interesting. I hope we go for these types in this year's draft ... continue to boost the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back