matthecat

Rookie
Feb 22, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Well it's round 1 this week and once again the promotion (in my opinion) has been pathetic. Apart from some C7 driven(?) news about their televised game haven't seen much about the other games.

There is no AFL to compete with for the first 2 rounds and this would be a perfect time to get first timers down to the grounds.

Perhaps reduced/free entry would see people come down and experience WAFL - even if 150 "newbies" at each game became regulars that would spread the word and add some new blood.

I for one will be taking the kids down to Steel Blue - forecast looks good. Hopefully the outer has greened up a bit from the rain over the weekend as it looked a bit cruchy last time I passed by.

Thoughts?

To get some more bums on seats ( grass ? ) :-

Half price entry for AFL club members.

Bouncy castles for the anklebiters.

Hit the media hard, with player interviews, expectations and reviews of the clashes.

Email all Eagles / Dockers members with a WAFL Promo. Would need to get the email list off both clubs, but seriously it would be seen as helping grass roots footy and party of the clubs investment with the WAFC.

Are 7 doing some ads ?.

I think they have made it free for U16, is it normally 15? and entry to gummies v royals is $10.

Whilst the promotion may be considered pathetic, it is a damn sight more than previous years! :)

Vast majority of "promotion" has been around the C7 game.
Agree with Masai about trying to lure WCE/Freo members with discounted entry. The trots occasionally have $2 nights, $2 entry, $2 hotdogs etc - anything worth a try.
Weather forecast looks fine for Saturday afternoon - but wait only 1 game at 2.10, 1 twilight and 2 night games - can't imagine a night Subi Oval game will pack them in - hopefully I'm wrong.

I actually think the promotion has been significantly better than usual. We've had a big push with the C7 deal and a new WAFL app that provides a comprehensive array of up to date statistics. I also liked that the WAFL sent team jumpers to a bunch of radio hosts which generated more discussion than usual.

Article in todays West hailing the "large" crowd on Saturday night.
Would be interesting to see how many people actually paid to get into the game.
I was offered free tickets by 3 different acquaintances and you could also get free tickets with the purchase of a meal at the major sponsors stores.
Crowd at Basso seemed a little down on the usual number.

I thought the Basso crowd was good. They need to speed up the entry with the makeshift entrance. I was also offered free tickets to the EP game. I was not interested. Though, I did watch the hilarious 'efforts' on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back