WAFL Tipping Competition 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

May I ask why do you include finals in the overall tipping?

swannies started the inaugural competition on here and it was decided we'd include finals in the tipping competition for that year. I kept things going as they were when I took over running the competition.

If there's a consensus for next season to not have finals included for next year then I am happy to leave them out.

No one's, sorry hansie, going to catch you anyway freofan_mundy. I knew Swans were in trouble when I saw you tip Claremont......

Tipping Ladder after Round 23

Code:
Tipper           Round 23  Total

freofan_mundy       4       69
hansie              2       65
swannies            2       64
Military_man        4       62
Ljp86               3       61
thorne89            2       60
FiveStrings         3       59
getgaff             3       58
masai               3       58
Michael_29          2       58
freofalcon          1       57
Kram81              3       57
samFFC              1       55
andana              3       54
Milang_Panthers     1       47
Spanna65            1       42
greatwhiteshark     1       40
Monocle             1       38
Underdog            1       35
dogman74            1       34

The final round proved to be relatively easy for most with the majority of those who tipped getting three tips. freofan_mundy was the standout again getting all four games correct while Military_man picked up the bonus point for the closest margin.

All up freofan_mundy has extended his lead is on 69 points, leading by four from hansie who is second on 65. swannies stays third on 64, Military_man moves to outright fourth with 62 with myself in fifth place on 61 points overall.

Finals Week One Fixtures

League

Qualifying Final: West Perth vs Peel Thunder at HBF Arena (Sunday, 2:15pm)
Elimination Final: East Perth vs Claremont at Medibank Stadium (Sunday 2:10pm, margin)

Reserves

Qualifying Final: Subiaco vs Swan Districts at Medibank Stadium (Sunday, 11:25am)
Elimination Final: West Perth vs East Perth at HBF Arena (Sunday, 9am)

Colts

Qualifying Final: Swan Districts vs Peel Thunder at Medibank Stadium (Sunday 8:55am, neutral venue)
Elimination Final: East Fremantle vs West Perth at HBF Arena (Sunday, 11:40am)

So onto the first week of finals with six games to tip for. In the League matches, we have West Perth hosting Peel Thunder in the Qualifying Final while East Perth and Claremont do battle in the TV game at Medibank Stadium in a sudden death Elimination Final. The Reserves sees Subiaco host Swan Districts in the Qualifying Final while the Perth derby takes place in the Elimination Final with West Perth hosting East Perth. That Perth derby is an early game at 9am.

In the Colts, Swans Districts will host Peel Thunder at Medibank Stadium in the only neutral venue game of the round while East Fremantle have to play a "home" game against West Perth at HBF Arena. That Colts match is after the Reserves game at 11:40am.

Still time to catch up if you're a bit behind with six games on Sunday. Weather is looking okay at this stage but we're still a fair way out yet. Hopefully we'll see some good close football in all games as the finals for 2015 get underway. Happy tipping!!

League
West Perth
East Perth 10

Reserves
Subiaco
WestPerth

Colts
Swan Districts
East Fremantle :)

Well done freo fan mundy - be hard for me to catch you now, especially given I'll be tipping ressies and colts blindly!

West Perth
Claremont 10

Swans
West Perth

Swannies
East freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping Ladder after Q/E Finals

Code:
Tipper          Q/F Finals Total

freofan_mundy       5       74
hansie              3       68
Military_man        5       67
swannies            3       67
Ljp86               5       66
Michael_29          6       64
thorne89            4       64
FiveStrings         4       63
getgaff             5       63
masai               4       62
freofalcon          4       61
Kram81              3       60
samFFC              3       58
andana              3       57
Milang_Panthers     3       50
Spanna65            3       45
greatwhiteshark     3       43
Monocle             3       41
Underdog            3       38
dogman74            3       37

Well the first week of finals was a decent weekend of footy. The League games weren't the best but there were some very close games in the other grades, particularly in the Reserves which saw both matches decided by less than a kick. Several tippers picked up five this round with just about everyone stumbling on Colts game between East Fremantle and West Perth. Michael_29 got the margin this week after being only three points off East Perth winning margin of 32 points.

Well freofan_mundy has extended his lead again and now leads by six points overall on 74 with hansie in second place on 68. The challengers for second spot are closing however with Military_man and swannies now tied for third on 67 with myself in outright fifth on 66 points.

Finals Week Two Fixtures

League

Second Semi Final: Subiaco vs West Perth at Medibank Stadium (Sunday, 2:15pm)
First Semi Final: Peel Thunder vs East Perth at Bendigo Bank Stadium (Sunday 2:10pm, margin)

Reserves

Second Semi Final: South Fremantle vs Subiaco at Medibank Stadium (Sunday, 11:30am)
First Semi Final: Swan Districts vs West Perth at Bendigo Bank Stadium (Sunday 5pm, neutral venue)

Colts

Second Semi Final: Claremont vs Swan Districts at Bendigo Bank Stadium (Sunday 9:05am, neutral venue)
First Semi Final: Peel Thunder vs West Perth at Bendigo Bank Stadium (Sunday, 11:40am)

So the second week of finals is here with a couple of cracking contests to be had. In the League, Subiaco host West Perth in the second semi while it's an alignment club final in the first semi with Peel Thunder hoping to bounce back against East Perth. In the Reserves South Fremantle take on Subiaco with Swan Districts hosting West Perth down in Mandurah at 5pm. And finally in the Colts, Claremont will play Swan Districts for the right to go straight through to the Grand Final with the first semi seeing Peel lock horns with West Perth.

The weather is looking good for Sunday so we should see some dry weather football although things might be a little greasy from the expected rain on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Hopefully we'll see another great weekend of WAFL footy as we head deeper into the finals. Happy tipping!!

Tags: samFFC, Milang_Panthers, Spanna65, greatwhiteshark, Monocle, Underdog, dogman74

What a weekend for finals footy in Perth. Pity the weather gods may not be smiling but the poor weather may make for better contests

SUBIACO
PEEL THUNDER by 12 points

SOUTH FREMANTLE
SWAN DISTRICTS

CLAREMONT
WEST PERTH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back