2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Smith ( FF) and Paul Johnson ( Ruck) will be 2 main players from the non-eagles that would demand a spot. But from the team you have named it looks pretty spot on.

Mcinnes, Johnson,Sinclair,Mcgovern & Smith is a lot of forward/ruck talls so i wonder if they ever all play at once.

Yeah that is true. Lots of forward talls, not many back talls, not midfielders. Maybe McGovern or McInnes might get some time in defence?

In general, will players play in their West Coast role, their potential future role, or a bit of both? I suppose this question would have been just as relevant this year and previously. eg. would Carter be playing a lockdown role in the WAFL as that's what he'd play for WCE, or potentially play for East Perth through the midfield with more focus on long-term development.

Yeah that is true. Lots of forward talls, not many back talls, not midfielders. Maybe McGovern or McInnes might get some time in defence?

In general, will players play in their West Coast role, their potential future role, or a bit of both? I suppose this question would have been just as relevant this year and previously. eg. would Carter be playing a lockdown role in the WAFL as that's what he'd play for WCE, or potentially play for East Perth through the midfield with more focus on long-term development.

From what Hickmott was saying on 6pr a few weeks back his old role was to be a liaison with WCE to communicate where WCE want their players to play. This attributed to Lycett and Wilson showing quite abit development compared to previous years. I think Adam Selwood's new role is to be that liaison who will sit in the coaches box.

I do remember a year ago Mcgovern said he enjoyed playing defense more than up forward and Mcinnes in his junior days used to rotate FB to FF. Out of the two i think Mcinnes should be the player to be developed a backman so that we have a handy backup.

This reads embarrassingly, doesn't it? From that west article.
"Stephen and Brad Hill went to the AFL and when Anton Saylor went up north for work, West Perth were the only WAFL club without an indigenous player," Crute said. "That was pretty embarrassing."

Not happy :mad:

I am filthy.

Got the feeling sell wood and Pratt May be more on field development for East Perth than in the box also lee eases captain would be a Monty to still be playing for them

Perth went back yesterday and East Freo went back tonight.

Did anyone manage to get down and have a look at all?

Got the feeling sell wood and Pratt May be more on field development for East Perth than in the box also lee eases captain would be a Monty to still be playing for them

It is not that Easy for Selwood to play. He is a 10 point player now as he is retired from the Eagles. The Eagles seconds side formally known as East perth will have to get rid of some good players for him to fit in with the Points system.
As it would be a conflict of interest for Selwood to play for another club I see him either not playing, or they delist a couple of their best players so he can play.
Will be following with interest to see what happens with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be time for a 2014 thread?

Anyway, I was thinking about how our players will line up for east perth next year.

I don’t know anything about East Perth’s non-eagles players, and this would influence where our players would play. But ignoring that for a second, interested in anyone’s thoughts on where you think everyone will line up for EP in 2014. BTW I’m not suggesting that the guys on the bench deserve to be on the bench, just trying to not name players out of position. I've assumed Brown isn't in the team, which may not be likely, but anyway.

Butler ? Wilson
Brennan Brown Smith
? Hutchings Sheppard
Tunbridge McInnes Newman
? McGovern ?

Lycett ? ?

Sinclair Colledge Bennell McGinnity
Won't see that many WCE players in the EP league team. WCE players will be split between the league and reserves teams, especially at the start of the year.

It is not that Easy for Selwood to play. He is a 10 point player now as he is retired from the Eagles. The Eagles seconds side formally known as East perth will have to get rid of some good players for him to fit in with the Points system.
As it would be a conflict of interest for Selwood to play for another club I see him either not playing, or they delist a couple of their best players so he can play.
Will be following with interest to see what happens with this.
Cheers didn't know about the points side of things for sell wood what would Pratt be as I think one of them will be involved on field in some way?

Seen some photos of Notte on instagram he has certainly bulked up quite since the end of the WAFL season.

I think he will be a surprise rookie on Fremantles list.

Hmmm, given his and Sumich's history, not so sure.

Seen some photos of Notte on instagram he has certainly bulked up quite since the end of the WAFL season.

I think he will be a surprise rookie on Fremantles list.

Must be that medal diet he is on...

resized_409134p1_300_300_FitSquare.JPG

is there rumours that he will be picked up that have any substance to them (and i dont mean are they perpetuated by people on various substances. ;))

A highly-respected poster did say that a Bulldogs recruiter took fairly detailed notes on him at a Swans match during the season. Could see him getting picked by the Dogs, the Ash Hansen link would help.

Mind you, Jarrad Grant re-signed so maybe they've met their quota of rake-thin tall forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back