2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

He's simply not a small forward. He's the one that you want to gain possession in congestion in the middle, provide some cutting, line-breaking runs and deliver inside 50.

I'd be disappointed if we dump him without giving him a solid go in the middle/wing at WAFL level. None of this 5 minutes a quarter crap. 5/6 games straight full time.

Having said that, I suspect his persistent injuries have probably hampered him from having the tank to play there.

He hasn't fired a shot in two years. Unless that changes before the end of the year I'm not sure he gets offered a new contract (or at least he shouldn't).

That I find just incredible really. How can anyone go an entire game a lay 0 tackles?
Oh, plenty of East Freo players, where do you want me to start? :)

Tunbridge has been 5 years on a AFL list.

Not sure where he goes from here, This was a make or break year in my opinion.

It sure was. I thought he started to play some alright footy before he went out with injury. Keep him around for one more year tops or delist and re-rookie.

Steady without being spectacular, just played his role and did what he had to do. Kicked a long bouncing goal from the centre square which should be on the WAFL highlights video for the round. Going to be a few players coming back after the bye so he might struggle to keep his spot.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/8712/video-wafl-plays-of-the-day-young-gun

Looks like Adamson didn't quite make plays of the day with an 80m goal. There were too many more exciting highlights this week, as seen on the link above.

Karpany is surely gone.. was a bizarre selection in the first place and hasn't done anything in WAFL reserves let alone league.
Far from bizarre. Was best on the ground in SA colts GF with little preparation due to injury. Seemed to fill a WCE need as small forward and was rated as a very clever player with pace and ability. After first season on list with injuries it was hoped he would come on but watching him this year he just doesn't get enough of the ball and when he does, he doesn't really hurt the opposition. The same thing applies to Main who has height, pace and good disposal but simply hasn't come on. In normal situations, they may both be persevered with but we have to drop 3 players at the end of the year. One will be Waters obviously but the two others are almost certainly Main and Karpany unless there is huge improvement this year. There is no doubt Newman would add more to the side than either of those two players. The way the team is going, we aren't going to get high draft picks so I doubt there would be any more than the three delistings unless Selwood or somebody else senior goes and we get high picks for them.

Far from bizarre. Was best on the ground in SA colts GF with little preparation due to injury. Seemed to fill a WCE need as small forward and was rated as a very clever player with pace and ability. After first season on list with injuries it was hoped he would come on but watching him this year he just doesn't get enough of the ball and when he does, he doesn't really hurt the opposition. The same thing applies to Main who has height, pace and good disposal but simply hasn't come on. In normal situations, they may both be persevered with but we have to drop 3 players at the end of the year. One will be Waters obviously but the two others are almost certainly Main and Karpany unless there is huge improvement this year. There is no doubt Newman would add more to the side than either of those two players. The way the team is going, we aren't going to get high draft picks so I doubt there would be any more than the three delistings unless Selwood or somebody else senior goes and we get high picks for them.
I'd rather keep karpany than mcginnity

Can see Newman and karpany swapping spots on our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waters, McGinnity and Tunbridge are the 3 that will be cut.

Main to the rookie list. Newman elevated.

That gives us three draft picks in what has been called an very ordinary draft.

Vic Metro has been the main supply of quality players in past years. This year they are really struggling.

I'm a big fan of Main. Imagine Rosa with a few more yards of pace, an excellent kick and cleaner hands.

Hasn't come on is a nonsense. He should be playing league.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Main. Imagine Rosa with a few more yards of pace, an excellent kick and cleaner hands.

Hasn't come on is a nonsense. He should be playing league.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Main was always a project player . Don't understand why people are calling for his delisting . When your using picks that late in a weaker draft you have a choice go for a mature player (hutch ) which is limited or a player needing development but has desirable attributes . I would be happy to keep both main and Karps on the list .

McGinnity will never be delisted. Will play 100 games for us and retire at age 31 :(

Waters, McGinnity and Tunbridge are the 3 that will be cut.

This is my thinking too.

Karpany just turned 20 this month and Main is still 19. I'm not a fan of cutting kids who are so young unless their attitude is poor. I don't think there's anything to suggest that's the case with these guys.

So many fumbles!

Oh, and that woeful campaigner Schloithe
What about Grescos meandering past the ball that then bounced at right angles (think we found Lyon's Square Jeff there) for a goal??? Oh yes, and that campaigner Schloithe......
Other than that, a good game of footy!

What about Grescos meandering past the ball that then bounced at right angles
Yes, that infuriated me. He should have killed it through the goals. Instead, he lets it run, it performs a leg break that Warney would be proud of and all but seals victory for Souths.

I'm getting a bit jaded by the match committee's selection policy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back