2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of illegal holding off the ball that sherro has to put up with from Fong is amazing. Surely the ump needs to do something about it.

Peel up by 19 at 3/4 time. Would love to know what Shepherd said to them at 1/4 time. Listening to the game on the radio, it sounds like Peel have been a different team since the start of the second.

Peel up by 19 at 3/4 time. Would love to know what Shepherd said to them at 1/4 time. Listening to the game on the radio, it sounds like Peel have been a different team since the start of the second.

"I'm quitting as coach at the end of the game if you lot win by 25 points or more!!"??

Kep not on the field, word from the rooms is he has a hamstring issue #GoThunder

Damn

Jeebuz, what other injuries can we get?? So sad, Kep was playing well in the WAFL and really could have been valuable for us as either a fill in if Luke Mack had to stay out for a few weeks or if we needed a third tall forward.

Given Keps is on a one year contract, and Lochy Ness and Alt-Tabs have been picked ahead of him already this season, you'd have to think it is close to the end for Keps. Very sad, he has been great for us, very good value given how little we paid for him...

I hope we at least keep him as a rookie listed player next year, when fit he is hugely versatile and very under-rated...

Jeebuz, what other injuries can we get?? So sad, Kep was playing well in the WAFL and really could have been valuable for us as either a fill in if Luke Mack had to stay out for a few weeks or if we needed a third tall forward.

Given Keps is on a one year contract, and Lochy Ness and Alt-Tabs have been picked ahead of him already this season, you'd have to think it is close to the end for Keps. Very sad, he has been great for us, very good value given how little we paid for him...

I hope we at least keep him as a rookie listed player next year, when fit he is hugely versatile and very under-rated...

Why hold his footy career back in making him a rookie?

I reckon he's got another couple of years left in him and a team like Richmond/Bulldogs or even GWS could benefit from his powerful forward presence. It's extremely clear that they've decided he's not the man for Fremantle short or long-term but I despite all the jokes there's a few other teams that could enjoy some Keplar-magik.

I reckon he's got another couple of years left in him and a team like Richmond/Bulldogs or even GWS could benefit from his powerful forward presence. It's extremely clear that they've decided he's not the man for Fremantle short or long-term but I despite all the jokes there's a few other teams that could enjoy some Keplar-magik.

Maybe Leon Cameron and SOS are up there to check out Keps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree sorry if I wasn't clear, if there are other teams interested in putting him on their main list (Bullies, St Kilda, Brisbane, or even Carlton - after all he did step the mighty loser Judd) then by all means he should go to them (I'd even be happy if we let him go for free). My comment was on the basis of an assumption that we are the only AFL team interested in Keps. If that is so, I would rather he was on our rookie list than out of AFL altogether.

Also, with the nominated rookie spot and the rate of long term injuries, putting someone on a rookie list is hardly holding back their career... Hence why I can see us trying to put Josh Simpson on the rookie list instead of releasing him outright. But list management is another thread...

Go Peel, as they won by less than 25 no doubt Shep will still be coaching them next week. Damn shame that...

I was at the game and here are some observations for what its worth.
Terrible first quarter, really good second and third quarters, and decent fourth quarter from Peel.
De boer and Ballard were both really good, but both had pretty average kicking games. Their stats flattered their impact on the game in my opinion, but both were fantastic at winning the contested football. Ballards kicking definitely needs some work, but he has improved his running and contested football winning ability incredibly since the start of the year.
A.Pearce was fantastic today. He spent the game playing on a rotation of Claremont small forwards and showed brilliant agility and closing speed. His work in the first quarter where the Peel defence was underseige was fantastic. He also posseess the MJ sidestep with his ability to side-step through tackles. Reading the ball in the air, while also running and carrying the footy were both massive stengths in his game. His kicking still needs some work, but Im confident we have a potential star in A.Pearce.
Like others have said Wood was really skilled and composed today, while Bradley competed fantastically before getting injured.
Sheridan and Crozier were also pretty good today. Eventhough neither won as much of the footy as Ballard or De Boer, both Sheridan and Crozier were more effective with their possessions.
Griffin won a ton of hit outs today, but also dropped quite a few marks and still looks significantly off his best form.
Duffy drifted in and out of the game, but did a couple of really exciting things including a brilliant goal.
Menegola and T.Smith were both servicable without dominating today. Smith made a few costly errors and Menegola went missing for extended periods, but neither were terrible at any moment in the game. Vandeleur, Moller and Hannath on the other hand had deadset shockers. Hannath appears to be servicable when you look at the stat sheet, but when you watch him live he doesnt jump high enough and gets exposed for pace by the opposition ruckman as he is painfully slow. Vandeleur just looked like he couldnt be bothered today. He turned the ball over and looked disinterested in closing down his man.
Moller simply looked like WAFL level is a step above the level he is cappable of playing.

Tabs spent 60%+ of the game off the ground. He was pretty good when on the ground, playing predominately in defence. Im thinking there is some doubt on Dawson for tomorrow's game.

Anyway, that is my view on todays game.

Last edited:
I was at the game and here are some observations for what its worth.
Terrible first quarter, really good seconda and third quarters, and decent fourth quarter from Peel.
De boer and Ballard were both really good, but both had pretty average kicking games. Their stats flattered their impact on the game in my opinion, but both were fantastic and winning the contested football. Ballards kicking definitely needs some work, but he has improved his running and contested football winning ability incredibly since the start of the year.
A.Pearce was fantastic today. He spent the game playing on a Claremont small forward and showed brilliant agility and closing speed. His work in the first quarter where the Peel defence was underseige was fantastic. He also posseess the MJ sidestep with his ability to side-step through tackles, while also running and carrying the footy were both massive stengths in his game. His kicking still needs some work, but Im confident we have a potential star in A.Pearce.
Like others have said Wood was really skilled and composed today and Bradley competed fantastically before getting injured.
Sheridan and Crozier were also pretty good today. Eventhough neither won as much of the footy as Ballard or De Boer, both Sheridan and Crozier were more effective with their possessions.
Griffin won a ton of hit outs today, but also dropped quite a few marks and still looks significantly off his best form.
Menegola and T.Smith were both servicable without dominating today. Smith made a few costly errors and Menegola went missing for extended periods, but neither were terrible at any moment in the game. Vandeleur, Moller and Hannath on the other hand had deadset shockers. Hannath appears to be servicable when you look at the stat sheet, but when you watch him live he doesnt jum high enough and gets exposed for pace by the opposition ruckman as he is painfully slow. Vandeleur just looked like he couldnt be bothered today. He turned the ball over and looked disinterested in closing down his man.
Moller simply looked like WAFL level is a step above what he cappable of playing.

Anyway, that is my view on todays game.

Thanks mate

Did the Bradley injury look bad? I honestly thought he would be the next one to come into the AFL side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back