2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks PurpleReign. Just wondering, what did you think of Dann's game? I note that he had 30 disposals and two goals. WHat position did he seem to be playing in? Cheers
I thought Dann was best on ground. He generally starts on the half back line but he is essentially a mid fielder. He is clean and creative with his disposal. He has been very good over a number of weeks now, he could even be in Sandover contention if he continues to play like this.

Just wondering, what role do Crozier and Sheridan specifically play for Peel? Are they outside ball carrying mids playing on the wing, or do they play a bit on the ball and around the clearances?

Just wondering, what role do Crozier and Sheridan specifically play for Peel? Are they outside ball carrying mids playing on the wing, or do they play a bit on the ball and around the clearances?

Crozier has been playing as an inside mid, with stints on the wing. Sheridan has been playing a similar role.

I think they are both more mid's than back or forward flanks and until they can play this role in the AFL they will struggle to have a big impact.

Anyone know why the game started 2.35pm yesterday?
They played the last quarter in the dark as the lights didn't come on until after the game had finished.

Anyway, here's my take on things.

The 1st quarter was horrible to watch skills wise and the only reason Claremont lost the game was because they couldn't kick straight.

Poor Kepler, he had stretch and dive for all of his marks yesterday and I saw him go down grabbing his right hamstring as he hit the deck in the 3rd. The midfielders just kept kicking it too far ahead of him which really made him have to run hard for his marks.

He seemed to walk off okay though, but his game was over at 3/4 time.

Craig Moller has become the new Nick Naitanui. He goes where the ball isn't and drops simple marks all the time. He second efforts were non-existent and both he and Hannath are too slow to react at times.

Sheriff is really excited about Alex Pearce, however I am not that convinced as yet. Maybe I am missing something there?

Vandeluer was horrible yesterday and he didn't appear to be even trying for most of the game. And when he did get the ball he turned it straight over. He reminds me of Jacob Brennan.

Crozier and Sheridan were both just average for mine. Such a shame as these guys are supposed to be pressing for selection.

Jacob Ballard was good and Griff battled hard all day, Matt De Boer was great as an inside mid and was probably best for Peel. Dann and Ballard were good as well, and Wood was having a shocker but suddenly kicked 4 goals to get Peel up to a 19 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

Eddy Dann is gong to be star. Hopefully we can recruit him.

Gumby was a late out for some reason, so Tabs played in patches and probably played half a game in total.

Wood and Duffy were great in the 2nd half and got the side over the line and Menegola was very disappointing.

Peel were lucky to win this game and Ross won't be impressed.

I must lastly mention the Claremont Cheer Squad, which consists of two guys with stuffed tigers on their heads and tails dangling out of their pants.

When Claremont kicked a goal they re-enacted the church scene from the Blues Brothers movie. It was very funny, yet slightly embarrassing to watch at the same time.

geez is it me or future not looking bright?

Anticipating a routine annihilation of the saints I thought I might check out the 2's and catch the main game on the replay. So please, no one tell me score I can't wait to watch it. ;) (...)
Terrific effort on the peel vs easts review. Greatly appreciated!

I remember watching gu in the wafl and being pi$$ed off that GC were going to waltz in and pick up a quality, mature and ready made player virtually for free in the draft. I was delighted and amazed that he got traded to us. That draft blunder by GC rarely gets raised by commentators, unlike our McLeod draft blunder. I reckon Dann is having a similarly impressive year to Gu's last year in the wafl.
McLeod was a massive piss head and a s**t bloke. He got traded because he wasn't up to a certain standard. Only when he realised he was on the chopping bloke at Adelaide did he realise his full potential. A bloke I know played with him and said he would not stop drinking

I remember watching gu in the wafl and being pi$$ed off that GC were going to waltz in and pick up a quality, mature and ready made player virtually for free in the draft. I was delighted and amazed that he got traded to us. That draft blunder by GC rarely gets raised by commentators, unlike our McLeod draft blunder. I reckon Dann is having a similarly impressive year to Gu's last year in the wafl.
McLeod was a massive piss head and a s**t bloke. He got traded because he wasn't up to a certain standard. Only when he realised he was on the chopping bloke at Adelaide did he realise his full potential. A bloke I know played with him and said he would not stop drinking

Here is the teams as listed on the WAFL website, but I expect C Pearce, Crozier and Sheridan to all play.

According to the below website Moller will play reserves, and I think all except 1 bench players will follow him. Forward line still looks a bit tall and slow but having Pearce, Crozier and Sheridan on the bench should help that.

http://www.wafl.com.au/games/view/9790

Per the WAFL website with emergencies not included.
B J Mathers A Pearce T Smith
HB T Vandeleur A Silvagni S Menegola
C E Dann B Jones J Ballard
HF M Brown M Apeness A Morabito
FF M Wood S Gumbleton J Hannath
F J Griffin C Sylvia M Duffy
Int. J Flaherty, K Thornton, C Moller, J Bootsma, D Winton, L Wilkins, S Barndon,
In A Silvagni, S Menegola, A Morabito, J Griffin, C Sylvia, J Bootsma, M Brown,
Out C Morris, C Pearce, H Crozier, T Sheridan,

My Guess
Int: C Pearce, H Crozier, T Sheridan, L Wilkins

If we loose with this team the coach can not blame the quality of players, so either he can't coach or the players are divided.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-08-01/players-lining-up-for-peel-saturday-2-august

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the teams as listed on the WAFL website, but I expect C Pearce, Crozier and Sheridan to all play.

I think Clancee is injured, out for a month
Several of these guys (Silvagni, Crozier, Sheridan) should bknow they have a place in the team waiting for them if they play well

According to the below website Moller will play reserves, and I think all except 1 bench players will follow him. Forward line still looks a bit tall and slow but having Pearce, Crozier and Sheridan on the bench should help that.

http://www.wafl.com.au/games/view/9790

Per the WAFL website with emergencies not included.
Int. J Flaherty, K Thornton, C Moller, J Bootsma, D Winton, L Wilkins, S Barndon,
In A Silvagni, S Menegola, A Morabito, J Griffin, C Sylvia, J Bootsma, M Brown,
Out C Morris, C Pearce, H Crozier, T Sheridan,

My Guess
Int: C Pearce, H Crozier, T Sheridan, L Wilkins

If we loose with this team the coach can not blame the quality of players, so either he can't coach or the players are divided.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-08-01/players-lining-up-for-peel-saturday-2-august

He can't coach.

He does bigger all anyway the Freo line coaches address the players. I really like Mark Webb and wish he coached Peel but that would mean a reshuffle of coaching staff for Freo.

I think Clancee is injured, out for a month
Several of these guys (Silvagni, Crozier, Sheridan) should bknow they have a place in the team waiting for them if they play well

Silvagni looked good before his injury and Sherro from a few posters such as Sheriff have told me he is in great form. I'd like him to get a couple more games for Freo this season in case Freo need him come finals.

Silvagni looked good before his injury and Sherro from a few posters such as Sheriff have told me he is in great form. I'd like him to get a couple more games for Freo this season in case Freo need him come finals.

Great to see my buddy doing well and pushing for selection. I wouldn't mind him coming in for de Boer next week if he has a good game this week.

**** sake they never show any Peel games, eat a dick ABC.
I heard ABC won't have the rights next year and channel 7 are the front runners to get the new deal. Look forward to watching East Perth every single week next year. :mad:

Can't remember where I heard that though. Think on some radio station that I was half listening to. Could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back