2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

I would not want Apeness to play ruck at AFL though.
dont think hed dominate or anything, but hes strong so could probably hold the other ruckmen down to at least make their hitouts inneffective OR allow fyfe/mundy to come across as 3rd man.

A couple of good individual performances, but I really hate the heart of this Peel team. They are very very difficult to support.

Apeness, Dann, Mora and Jones as usual played well. Liked vander who has started to progress rapidly like Wood in recent weeks.

Ballard and Ibbo ok but the team just does not play for each other.

While Pav's still playing he could rotate with Sandi. After that he will either play forward/ruck with Griff or Clark or Key forward, depending on how Taberner goes or future recruiting.
What happens if Sandi goes down injured and he has to ruck the whole game. He is not big enough to handle it physically. I dont see why he cant play as a second key forward only and we have a proper forward structure.

What happens if Sandi goes down injured and he has to ruck the whole game. He is not big enough to handle it physically. I dont see why he cant play as a second key forward only and we have a proper forward structure.
He could go back and Dawson could ruck

Whether Ross would play the three of them in the same forward line is the question. Apeness has good defensive pressure so maybe and Clarke could just run around like a flanker. Might work but would be a departure from what Ross usually does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether Ross would play the three of them in the same forward line is the question. Apeness has good defensive pressure so maybe and Clarke could just run around like a flanker. Might work but would be a departure from what Ross usually does.
I agree that Lyon wont change but that is what I would do.

It was me Kenny and Salim and that camera man couldn't bloody keep his lens off us.
No doubt due to Salim's youthful innocence and flowing blond locks...

Apeness best on, Ibbo second, Mora third and Ballard fourth. Didn't get to catch the game, anyone got a rundown of how our boys played? Mainly Apeness and Mora.

I'm confused ??
You're calling out best players yet didn't watch the game :confused::confused:

Unless your reading from wafl website...
We didn't have a standout best on, mora got a lot of it but wasn't always tidy with it, ape took some fantastic pack marks and really pushed himself to get involved in multiple contests but he butchered his set shots on goal.the promising thing was he rucked and competed well in the ruck. Was quite mobile when running through the middle.
Ballard was strong and gets a helluva lot of contested nut. Again, butchers it a touch by foot but nothing overly concerning given a lot of his ball is under pressure ( refer to the Fyfe precedent) . Ballads hands are pretty good but his awareness let him down a little getting caught HTB .
Overall our mids and griff were good, I can see the arguement to award him bog but for mine, he missed too many easy kicks to deserve it.

Possibly mora ?

I'm confused ??
You're calling out best players yet didn't watch the game :confused::confused:

Unless your reading from wafl website...
We didn't have a standout best on, mora got a lot of it but wasn't always tidy with it, ape took some fantastic pack marks and really pushed himself to get involved in multiple contests but he butchered his set shots on goal.the promising thing was he rucked and competed well in the ruck. Was quite mobile when running through the middle.
Ballard was strong and gets a helluva lot of contested nut. Again, butchers it a touch by foot but nothing overly concerning given a lot of his ball is under pressure ( refer to the Fyfe precedent) . Ballads hands are pretty good but his awareness let him down a little getting caught HTB .
Overall our mids and griff were good, I can see the arguement to award him bog but for mine, he missed too many easy kicks to deserve it.

Possibly mora ?
Yeah the wafl site mate

At the Saints he was pretty keen to get Reiwoldt, Kosi, King and Gardener into the same side.

I went down and watched the game . TBH I was left feeling a bit deflated watching two WAFL teams that are not playing finals and don't look like playing finals footy for quite awhile .
The usual few subjects put together about half an hour of entertaining footy the rest was about Sunday league seconds quality football .
The fight well wrestling was the most entertaining thing that happened .

The players on the Fremantle list that impressed me the most were Alex Pearce , Morabito ,Ballard , Apeness and Ibbotson .
Hannath has improved ever so slightly .
Fremantle players that where on the ground and tried to get into the game De Boer and Clancee .
The players with no impact no run and need not to apply for a future League game Kepler , Vandeleur ,Griffin and Wood .
I know there will be howling from most about Griffin but TBH he lacked Pace his decision making when kicking from defence was extremely poor and caused turnovers , his rucking was just a pass mark ,yes he won taps but they where mostly ineffective and his fitness leaves a lot to be desired .
I took particular notice of Menegola and his possesions and watched his covering the ground .Yes he was playing in the midfield and he is tagging but for crying out loud he is a one pace runner that gets lost in traffic and once the ball comes out of the rucking duel he has no bloody idea where to run too and he was left in the wake of the West Perth mids as they ran away from him with ease .
Our ruckmen have to spoon feed him the ball and then he just throws it on the boot in panic ,very rarely he would send out a hand pass to Mora

Eddie Dann covers more ground and has break away speed and has 3 times the impact on the game as Menegola .

For those interested in the performance of the coach we had a forward line that consisted of 4 talls and no crumbing forward for the whole of the last quarter . Ibbotson was the shortest forward and De Boer spent a little amount of time there but only when resting after a run on the ball . He played a quality forward Thornton on the wing for most of the game .
The game was exciting only on the score board but West Perth's midfield out lasted ,out ran and out spread Peels all day .

Isn't Tabs like 196cm? Surely he could be the chop out ruckman, he must have a leap that is bigger than Apeness and he can run all day.

Next year:

HF: Crozier/Duffy Pavlich Taberner
FF: Ballas Apeness Walters

Mayne might become a defender...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back