2nds WAFL Watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Disposal has been poor. By hand and foot.

East Perth look much better when their moving quickly, from the back half. They can get their backs up and really press on the Subiaco midfield. This is where Sinclair and Lycett have been able to work into the game. Sinclair playing up as a ruck/ CHF and Lycett playing deeper.

As far as a pure midfield contest goes EP can't win outright. But moving the ball quickly off the half back line and isolating EP talls is really damaging.
Who do you prefer, ER? Sinclair or Lycett?

Tunbridge injured? Struggling to get into it if not.

Hasn't been his day. Played forward and wide most of the game and EP are playing pretty direct football.

Floated into the middle but has lacked any impact there. Has a lot to do if he's to be a midfielder.

What is happening in the last quarter there - has the breeze switched ends? Subi seem to be doing all the scoring, when i thought EP would come home with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game has been perfect. Great performances coming back from being dropped by Lycett and Colledge and looks like the mighty Lions will get up!

No goals in the 1st Q and none in the last so far / disappointing - can't win games like that. Good performances by some of the Eagles players though / like Sinclair's numbers. A good solid game all round.

seems unthinkable but Nicnat is under legitimate pressure to keep his spot, from both EP ruckmen. I also hope we really get some games into colledge this year great size for a mid, esp for our small midfield.

seems unthinkable but Nicnat is under legitimate pressure to keep his spot, from both EP ruckmen. I also hope we really get some games into colledge this year great size for a mid, esp for our small midfield.

Didn't impress in his two games. Though they were against decent opposition.

Wouldn't mind seeing him later in the year when we rest a few stars and give him a crack in a full game against an easier team.

What is happening in the last quarter there - has the breeze switched ends? Subi seem to be doing all the scoring, when i thought EP would come home with it.
East Perf dropped their bundle when McGinnity started fighting and giving away free kicks. Once the run of the umpires started going against them they gave up. There were some bewildering umpiring calls, tbh, but they didn't fight it out.
Lycett was fantastic, IMO, as was McGovern. Colledge also very good. I actually thought Tunbridge was good, but a little wasteful by foot. McGinnity was good in patches until he had his brain snaps. Brennan and McInnes good in patches. Wilson and Smith the same. Smith actually looked better, for mine, when he was up on the ball in the middle of the congestion.
Karpany quiet.
One thing was evident, the chases of some of the eagles players were very poor, or the running to defensive position when Subi got the turnover. Wilson in the first, Smith a couple of times and Lycett in the last were a few times that stood out in my mind.

Karpany quiet.
One thing was evident, the chases of some of the eagles players were very poor, or the running to defensive position when Subi got the turnover. Wilson in the first, Smith a couple of times and Lycett in the last were a few times that stood out in my mind.[/quote]
Thanks for the report, Swannies. The lack of defensive run sounds a worry. As does Karpany's form - seems to be producing very little / was expecting more.

Thanks for the report, Swannies. The lack of defensive run sounds a worry. As does Karpany's form - seems to be producing very little / was expecting more.
Didn't have much of a preseason and is only his 2nd league game. Let's give him time.

Lycett was very impressive. He does everything with intent. Clunked a lot of his marks. He spilt a couple and was very disappointed with himself punching the turf. He really looks like he wants to impress.

Butler had big numbers but I wouldnt say he was influential at all. Someone has mentioned it reminds them of selwoods last year and ive always been a fan but dont think he should play for us again.

Wilson and Carter trailed their men quite often. In defensive 50 they were matched up but as the ball was kicked in they appeared to zone off and subi hit up their players a number of times.

Gov was equivalent of Lycett at the other end of the ground clunking marks but his disposal was poor.

As with freshman he got a lot of the ball but most of the time I noticed him he kicked it to disadvantage

I didnt know karpany was karpany. He didnt get much of the ball but I noticed he was often in dangerous positions he just couldnt find it.

Its actually quite evident watching east perth our extreme lack of midfield depth

First wafl game ive been to in a number of years, quite enjoyed it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back