News Walters ready to weigh in for Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Its got nothing to do with playing favourites.
Dawson is ahead of Silvagni because he knows and understands the structures better than anyone else in our team.
Ross has seen what he can do at saints before an in preseason games here.
Lyon hasnt seen with his own eyes how Silvagni goes down back, an if he can come to grips with structures etc.

He will not be given an opportunity down there unless injuries or very bad form from others.

I believe given the opportunity, he could prove himself an will be better than Dawson.
He's shown in the past he can play as 3rd tall an has no fear in leaving opponent to help out others.
He's also shown us he can hold his own 1 on 1 against the gun forwards of the AFL.
Plus alot more reliable with ball in hand.

Not going to get the opportunity to provce it to Lyon though :(

I do think he can be very handy up forward also.
An will add more than just being tall to the forward line.

Trouble is he has shown potential to be a very good backman.
I doubt he will be much more than handy as a forward.

I can't think of any AFL team who have a key defender the ilk of SNOS who has beaten the best key forwards in the AFL sitting in the stands.:mad:

Yeah, somebody have a word to Roscoe next time they get down to training and tell him to watch Scossy's tapes. If we have a Palmer situation with Silvo I'll be devastated.

Yeah, somebody have a word to Roscoe next time they get down to training and tell him to watch Scossy's tapes. If we have a Palmer situation with Silvo I'll be devastated.

The assistant coaches from last year would've informed Ross. There's obviously a problem outside of what we know. If the guy can't get more than 9 touches and can't score a goal playing CHF in a dominant WAFL side that kicked 15 goals then there's something wrong and we know that it's not a lack of talent.

I know this is supposed to be a Walters thread but whatever I want SCOS in the team. I was one of the people on here that got to a lot of the pre-season training sessions and noted that Silvagni was having a ripper of a pre. However one thing I noticed and this is just my own opnion is that when he returned to the main group after his injury he really didn't seem the same. During the simulation drills there were times when he looked frustrated, down on confidence and disinterested. It was like he knew he was in the outer or that the club wanted him to someting he wasn't used to.

He has blanketed some of the best power forwards in the game and I don't understand why they would want to turn him into a forward; Mcpharlin won't be around forever. And even still, JA and Keplar are rated ahead of him as forwards. What gives.

I know this is supposed to be a Walters thread but whatever I want SCOS in the team. I was one of the people on here that got to a lot of the pre-season training sessions and noted that Silvagni was having a ripper of a pre. However one thing I noticed and this is just my own opnion is that when he returned to the main group after his injury he really didn't seem the same. During the simulation drills there were times when he looked frustrated, down on confidence and disinterested. It was like he knew he was in the outer or that the club wanted him to someting he wasn't used to.

He has blanketed some of the best power forwards in the game and I don't understand why they would want to turn him into a forward; Mcpharlin won't be around forever. And even still, JA and Keplar are rated ahead of him as forwards. What gives.

Like...he was being played out of position?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like...he was being played out of position?

He still did some training with the backline. But how would you feel if you were a decent player and some new guy (Dawson) comes over and automatically takes your spot and you are forced into a new position? This is the only thing that Ross has done that I have had a problem with. I would much rather SCOS in the backline then Suban or Mcphee. Hell I would rather him in the forward line then JA.

He still did some training with the backline. But how would you feel if you were a decent player and some new guy (Dawson) comes over and automatically takes your spot and you are forced into a new position? This is the only thing that Ross has done that I have had a problem with. I would much rather SCOS in the backline then Suban or Mcphee. Hell I would rather him in the forward line then JA.
He suffered an injury and then loss of touch when he came back
His fitness wasnt up to par and like Mundy,Barlowe,Mora Lyon wont play them untill they reach the acceptable fitness and miles in their legs
He will be back when he,s reached full fitness and touch

His fitness wasnt up to par and like Mundy,Barlowe,Mora Lyon wont play them untill they reach the acceptable fitness and miles in their legs

Hes got to be close considering they flew him over to Sydney and I watched him warm up and thought he might of squeezed in as a late inlcusion.

This would leave me to believe he has passed fitness tests as is 'fit and available'
Will only be a matter of who he replaces in the best 22... :eek:

His fitness base is either equal to or better then Dawson's though. Dawson at the back end of most of the 1km runs.

It's nothing to do with that. He's had much more pre season than any of those guys but Barlow has played 2 games, Mundy will play this week and Mora would've played this week or next if it hadn't have been for his hamstring. There's more to it than we know, but it's definitely nothing to do with fitness.

You need to relax about Silvagni.

Lyon doesn't need to watch tapes of him playing. He already knows a hell of a lot more about our players than us mugs do. We watch it, some of us go to training and stuff, but these guys live and breathe it. If Silvagni was some sort of standout, and had no issues holding him back, he would be playing already. There'll be reasons for what is going on.

reasons like............. maybe he keeps failing the tests, no not fitness tests, Lyons gameplan an structures test he makes the players do :p

Would love to see Son Son at Pav and Anthony's feet - just has that x factor goal kicking talent.

On SCOS - cant play em all, I'm pretty certain he I'll force his way into the team in the next couple of weeks.

At Saints Lyon made quite a few questionable selection decisions as far as supporters are concerned. Add into that our emerging depth, and we are going to see discussions like this on a regular basis, as well as players being tried "out of position". But from what I can see, Lyon has pretty clear intentions re structure, and it is up to the players to make their case for selection.

Silvagni was back there with him and Dawson got through the whole pre unscathed incl NAB games,Dawson is way in front in both general fitness and match fitness

True,but Silvagni had virtually no pre-season going into last year and no match fitness up to the middle of the season. Yet he still came straight into the line up and nullified Jonathan Brown. IMO he belongs in the team and hopefully he gets a game soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back