Remove this Banner Ad

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi all,

This request may have been made before, but does anyone know if there is a copy of the 3AW commentary from Gary Ablett Snr's 1994 Mark of the Century featuring Rex Hunt and Sam Newman?

I know a sample of it was used in a Mike Brady song, however, I've never heard the full recording as aired on radio. Does it exist?

It does exist as I contacted Mike Brady's management to inquire about it. However, after a week of searching, they could no longer locate the audio file which they obtained to that song you are eluding to.

I have also tried 3AW who were actually pretty helpful, but their library doesn't date back to that period of time (so she says). They said to try the state library of Victoria but again, had no longer there either.

Good luck with your search. Please let us know if you have any success as it was a very entertaining broadcast by Rex Hunt.

It does exist as I contacted Mike Brady's management to inquire about it. However, after a week of searching, they could no longer locate the audio file which they obtained to that song you are eluding to.

I have also tried 3AW who were actually pretty helpful, but their library doesn't date back to that period of time (so she says). They said to try the state library of Victoria but again, had no longer there either.

Good luck with your search. Please let us know if you have any success as it was a very entertaining broadcast by Rex Hunt.
Damn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back