Society/Culture War on Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the mother decided to have a child with a s**t partner.

Now the child will be without a father for most of its childhood or will have a s**t father to look up too. That is unfair on the child.
You said the mother should share the responsibility. What does this responsibility entail?

Why do you want to criticise or shame single mothers for being single mothers?

I already answered. To treat everyone equally.

I criticize everyone else so single parents should be open to criticism too. Everyone does things from time to time that warrants criticism.

Having all those actions being subject to criticism is the very definition of equality.

Since I answered your question why won't you answer mine? Why do you think they shouldn't?

Why do you oppose equality?

You said the mother should share the responsibility. What does this responsibility entail?
Responsibility to the child who will now not have a father growing up or will have a s**t one. If you're bringing a new life into this world try not to do it when you're other half is a s**t person or you don't even have a other half.

I know you people live in a world where women are overgrown children who are not allowed to take responsibility for anything they do but in the world the rest of us live in, women are adults and some of them should act like it, especially when you're deciding to bring a new life into the world.

So build a time machine. Is that what you are suggesting?

Depends on the timing wouldn't it? It's quite possible the abuse started before the baby.

Would that make the criticism okay then? Would we be able to ask "why did you have a baby with a man who was abusing you?"

Or is that victim blaming?

Obviously we're not saying all single mothers deserve to be criticized. A lot of them don't, but there are also a lot of them that ****ed up big time, and their children are the poor for it.

Responsibility to the child who will now not have a father growing up or will have a s**t one. If you're bringing a new life into this world try not to do it when you're other half is a s**t person or you don't even have a other half.

I know you people live in a world where women are overgrown children who are not allowed to take responsibility for anything they do but in the world the rest of us live in, women are adults and some of them should act like it, especially when you're deciding to bring a new life into the world.
Depends on the timing wouldn't it? It's quite possible the abuse started before the baby.

Would that make the criticism okay then? Would we be able to ask "why did you have a baby with a man who was abusing you?"

Or is that victim blaming?
What are you dudes talking about?

If you say someone should take responsibility for something, then the corollary is that there is something they must do. What is that? What actions derive as a consequence of the responsibility they bear that they are currently, as you suppose, not living up to?

Or do you guys just use words without giving thoughts to their meaning?

What are you dudes talking about?

If you say someone should take responsibility for something, then the corollary is that there is something they must do. What is that? What actions derive as a consequence of the responsibility they bear that they are currently, as you suppose, not living up to?

Or do you guys just use words without giving thoughts to their meaning?

I haven't mentioned responsibility yet. So don't go strawmaning.

At this point apparently I'm not even allowed to criticize.

I wonder how many single mothers are on their own as a result of the father bailing out when they discovered the pregnancy? If we're talking about why women are single mothers, this would be a factor that would have to be strongly considered.

Of course it is. But wouldn't we have to ask questions to find out?

According to Sid that might considered a form of criticism or shaming so you can't do that.

Also if the answer was 'no' does that mean anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't mentioned responsibility yet. So don't go strawmaning.

At this point apparently I'm not even allowed to criticize.
Did you actually read the posts I was responding to?

Before that namby pamby white knight telsor steps in, this is why ad hominem is not a fallacious method of argument. You are an idiot.

Did you actually read the posts I was responding to?

Before that namby pamby white knight telsor steps in, this is why ad hominem is not a fallacious method of argument. You are an idiot.

You quoted me and then refer to me (you guys). I never mentioned anything about responsibility. You then go on a rant about responsibility.

It's the very definition of a straw man.

You don't get to make what someone else says and then response to that. I will call you out every time.

You quoted me and then refer to me (you guys). I never mentioned anything about responsibility. You then go on a rant about responsibility.

It's the very definition of a straw man.

You don't get to make what someone else says and then response to that. I will call you out every time.
No it isn't. I posted:
To which you replied, while quoting me:
Maybe not have sex and babies with violent and abusive men?

Pretty low bar I would of thought
Err.

And then when pressed ...
I haven't mentioned responsibility yet.
I never said you 'mentioned' responsibility. But I posted a question about it and you answered.

WTF am I to infer from this other than you are a cretin?

No it isn't. I posted:

To which you replied, while quoting me:

Err.

And then when pressed ...

I never said you 'mentioned' responsibility. But I posted a question about it and you answered.

WTF am I to infer from this other than you are a cretin?

Ahh. Bit of a reach but ill grant it.

So thats explains the responsibility rant.

Well not having babies with someone who is abusive is something they could do.

Obviously they can't do anything if the abuse starts after having the baby but before? Yes there is something they could do: leave him and not have babies with him.

The point was that all this could be considered criticism which apparently we are not allowed to do.

Since I answered your question why won't you answer mine? Why do you think they shouldn't?

Why do you oppose equality?
Ive already said. They should not be criticised on account of them being single mothers. If you want to accuse them of sucking at Battlefield or being sloppy drivers, go for it.

You would never instigate this argument when criticising married fathers.

I oppose your distorted version of equality. It's not equality at all.

The men who are violent in relationships are responsible for their own actions, but surely the women who have kids with these types of people should take some of the responsibility at least to their kids. Or do you think women should have sex and babies with whoever they feel like at the time with no responsibility? If you're in a relationship with someone who is violent to you clearly don't deserve what you're getting but you do need to do anything you can to get out of that relationship, not start a family with them.
Do you understand life is more complicated?

As in, a lot more?

Yes, sometimes empowering for some of the women, but not for the kid a lot of the time. That's the main problem with some single mothers, they put themselves before their children.

But in your reality women should be able to squeeze out a baby whenever and to whoever without any criticism or responsibility.
Your understanding of single motherhood is beyond ignorant. It's copy and pasted straight from tabloid media.

Your views are not grounded in reality.

Your understanding of single motherhood is beyond ignorant. It's copy and pasted straight from tabloid media.

Your views are not grounded in reality.

Yes they are. Its been shown time and time again that children from single parent families are more likely to have behavioural problems and juvenile deliquency - especially boys raised without fathers.

Nobody's saying a person can't grow up perfectly adjusted and successful when raised by a single parent - we're saying it's not the gold standard. It's not something that should be encouraged and it's certainly not something that should be entered into voluntarily.

Why are you so scared of truthful assessments of the dysfunctional?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back